2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

Rest of the plants are looking pretty good…still think some will run out of time.

I think this one’s getting close, will start watching her daily now. Might start trimming outer/top buds soon.

Getting some good fall colors on Capt. Junky :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That purple is really cool looking. :v:

5 Likes

Getting cooler at night, ramping up the flowering and colors.

Mother of berry

Freeze7

Meltdown getting more purple and frosty by the day. Shes doing awesome outside, and will be finished by oct 1st

Cloaked Aurora (nl x romulan)

Heres a bunch of mint. Smells great and keeps the bad bugs away

Next season i’ll be running all my own stuff. No more testers from other breeders. Just seems like a giant waste of time.

Guy down the block got his plants stolen, I bet they were in pots. Good thing he knows where to get weed all winter lol

Seriously tho, people suck. I hate the feeling when youre in bed all warm and cozy and you get this ferling to go out and take a peek. I have to get up or ill just lay there for hours wide awake.

15 Likes

I think so too. That’s a Capt. Junky…a little late to the game, but hopefully she’ll make it.

1 Like

Setup a game cam or starlight security cams on the house to overlook your grow. This way you can lie in bed and watch at night.

3 Likes

Definately in the works. Had a lot to do, and limited funds this summer. Dry amendments took priority. Finishing the fence last season definately put me a bit more at ease. Guy behind me has motion sensor lights everywhere, and i pretend to know kung foo.

9 Likes

Nice information to know. It sucks but you overcame.

1 Like

I have 4 plants all growing out in a field, all growing together. I found bulges in all of them this morning, so they’re heavily hit by the Hemp Borers.

The good news is that they slightly impact harvest on those stalks.

I squeezed every bulge I could find, as hard as I could with my thumb/fingers, so hopefully crushed the bastids inside the stem. Between those 4 plants, I bet there were 12 borers, and I’m sure there’s a bunch I didn’t see.

Next year, I’m adding a spraying session with BT, which is organic, but kills catapillers. I’m already using it on some trees that have been infested with Brown Tail Moths, so I’ll just have to start spraying more now.

Always something.

9 Likes

Little safety pin or needle through the stem where the borers are is a satisfying way to deal with those pricks. I get squash vine borers every year they suck.
Knotweed also sucks

4 Likes

18 days later… I tried pollinating a few lowers, looks to me like it took but who knows.

ETA: I checked this morning, and yes, there are seeds. I hit it with some of Doug’s Sweet and Sour Cindy pollen.

14 Likes

Thought this was a cool shot worth sharing of some sort of ambush spider. Poor quality sorry this phones junk, but you get the idea

9 Likes

I get a bunch in the greenhouse every year… only a rare cricket might get half a leaf. No pest other than that… You want those guys on your plants

5 Likes

I just thought it was neat his web curled the leaf up around itself

5 Likes

Stonerberry Bread has about 3 or 4 more weeks to go.

15 Likes

Nice Beast you have there @Doober

3 Likes

Im really impressed with Meltdown. Its got about another 2 weeks left to go. Buds are almost completely dark purple now and swelling up

Shes the big bush in the middle. 2 giant freeze 7 behind it, you can’t even see them

14 Likes

Zoomed in closer on that web, thinking I would wipe it off the leaf… the spiders I get don’t make webs, just jump from plant to plant hunting prey…

2 Likes

Nice Beast you have there @Doober

3 Likes

@Cannabiscrusader - Damn, that’s nice man ! Maybe we can trade some seeds. You going to see Willie on Saturday ?

4 Likes

Thanks Missin !

3 Likes