2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

He jumped soo high, then lightly touched down !

2 Likes

This summer it’s back-to-back flowering. I just harvested the cargo net canopy grow. Then brought the outdoor plants inside. None of those were topped.

The side lights are best in veg. Those top ones are UVB lights, and only used in flowering. I just built the other half of that floor last weekend. So. it’s nice having a full room. 1 more part of the wall to finish, and a 2x4 tent for the veg solo cups. Old basement furnace room.

4 Likes

Coastal Blueberry, Grape Sundae and Sundae Driver.

15 Likes

Looks like all that hard work, is going to be paying off! For years to come. Do you notice a significant difference using the UVB lights?

1 Like

Those look great, that 2nd pic has some real nice frost rails going. I love some grape flavors, im going to have to research that grape Sundae.
Enjoy your weekend.

3 Likes

Mr SDoyle, I had the Grape Sundae in the past. Its a Bx of the Grape Pie Rado uses I believe. Grape Pie is like a frostier GDP but yeilds in between the Urkel and the Grandaddy Purple. Good choice. Rado is one of the top 25 breeders of this generation. What smells are you getting? Should be a representation of the Pie in seed form.

5 Likes

I cut the last branches on my Early Iranian this morning, and while wet-trimming, noticed this:

One small branch had bud rot…everything else appears to be ok for now. Of course, it’s raining today, and about 60deg.
Think it’s supposed to rain tomorrow too…steady drizzle.

Gonna be leaf-blower time.

8 Likes

Thank you @Trial-N-Error. The Grape Sundae is from Cannarado. (Sundae Driver x Grape Pie bx)

3 Likes

I put out a GG4 and a Dogwalker OG clone at my pops place for him to watch and tend. Starting to get exciting!

12 Likes

Yes, Sundae Driver x Grape Pie bx.

2 Likes

Wow! Looks like your pops, got some skills!

4 Likes

This was my Sundae Driver bagseed, on the porch, 2 summers ago. Got me back into growing. Such a great anti-anxiety strain. LemonCello was another one of those calming strains.

oh wow. totally forgot about that picture.

Awh man. I just remember the 6 clones I cut from that first “SD” plant all died. I didn’t know what I was doing then. Then… more SD tags. Sundae Driver, then Sour Diesel, then StarDawg.

Yeah. UVB coats the sugar leaves in trichomes. also damages the fan leaves without thc-coating. makes it look like spidermites. UVA lights add a lot of purples to the plants. FarRed/IR helps bulk the buds up a lot.

5 Likes

So now I found this on a plant:

Stem Borer?

edit**

Eurasian Hemp Borer, looks to me.

6 Likes

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Never seen that before on a plant. I’d be pissed, hopefully it didn’t cause too much damage whatever it is. @Lobstah

3 Likes

Thanks. I saw it on that one branch, and went over the rest of the plant pretty thoroughly…didn’t see any more of it there, but now will be checking all of the other plants too.

The plant that it was on is about 150’ away from any other plants, and nothing has ever been grown in that spot before.
So it must have flown in.

2 Likes

Green Mountain Grape - Leaves are ravaged with septoria, but hoping to salvage the buds sooner rather than later. Needed to add more support due to bud weight on the branches. Septoria seems to like the leaves and not the buds.

Stonerberry Bread - Right next to the GMG, but thankfully less affected by that nasty fungus. Biggest plant I ever grew outdoors. Like GMG, weights on the buds are starting to lean branches down, so I needed to add more support. In hindsight, she needed a cage/net twice the size she had. Probably another 3-4 weeks on her.

15 Likes

Defoliation is first line of defense @Doober. I found out the hard way last fall. Indoors, so that was a Bonus, looking at your sweet plant(s) outside

@George steered me to that, Best thing to do is get rid of the evidence first !

Hypochlorous Acid can be used and indoor = UV-C bulbs via @SativaKid are other top options

Stripping leaves at this stage did not affect my buds potency…

GMG is so Yummy ! Best Wishes

Zamaldelica Auto above and btm right

Thanks @George

11 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts @MissinBissin ! Some defoliation of the GMG might be in order.

6 Likes

A week ago, I spotted this “swelling” in a branch of one of my plants:

Yesterday, I discovered this:

So I cut that out of the plant, checked everywhere for other occurances, found none.
Last night we performed diagnostic surgery, and here you have it:

The Eurasian Hemp Borer. Where the heck do these things come from? My plants are all grown from seed, started in soil that I make, so it wasn’t brought in. Has to be a moth that’s laying the eggs.
Bad news is they overwinter in the stems, which wouldn’t happen in my plants, BUT…they also love Knotweed, what many people mistakenly call “Bamboo”, and Maine, along with most of New England, has bumper crops of Knotweed, so I’d bet that’s the ongoing source. And no way to treat that.

16 Likes

Wow man nice big hearty plants. Hopefully won’t lose any flowers to mold

2 Likes