2nd Grow, first from clone

Yeah I have a couple gig’s of PDF’s and books, I only added the ones I felt most useful. Although I do have teaming with fungi but never got it to upload.

1 Like

Nice! If you have any titles you consider a must read in any area of growing or entheogenic knowledge please lmk. Always trying to keep updated on whats out there. For mycology booka its mainly focused on stamets’ work with mycelium running and some of his other goodies. Really trying to get my hands on some more cacti books like “the san pedro group”

If you’re going no bottle organics I’d say some must reads would be all three teaming with books from Jeff lowenfel, the guide to vermiculture, and watch a couple of Elaine Ingram’s soil healthy and soil food web vids. That should give you a good idea of the natural cycle of things, so by the end you should only have to water and add compost.

I stopped growing my Pedro’s after I found out the LD-50 of mescaline is 1g. Dmt is way more fun and easier to collect.

2 Likes

I second that. LOWENFELS is the man. Also does a gardening blog on Alaska news that is a nice, fun read.
‘Teaming with Microbes’ has been my bathroom book for 5 years. I read it over and over. Haha. No, you can’t borrow my copy. :joy:

Stay hazed
Jake

2 Likes

So everyone tacoed up and yellowed out a little this week.
After scrolling through the sick plant section and reading all your knowledgeable comments on others issues, I had determined the issue to be a combonation of the hps being too close after the switch from t5, i had a temp spike where my heat went from 77 to 86 all while also having a low humidity of around 23%. Raised the lights, increased the humidity, and added another fan. Everyones starting to green back up and stretch back out but you can see some "sunburn* patterns where the leaves were overlapping :sweat_smile: i guess i was just too eager to give em that powa to grow. :muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Very nice solution :slight_smile: they look great!

3 Likes

Everyone has recovered and is about to get the flip

3 Likes

That’s a nice thick canopy in there…
Do you clean up the lowers any or let them grow?

2 Likes

@Dewb yep. Stipped each main branch up to the 4th or 5th node and then every thing in shadow was either stripped or the leaves blocking them were taken off. Now im lettin em do their thang. May have to throw a scrog in for support though

1 Like

First day of flower after 48 hours in darkness.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried 48 dark.

What happens, what’s the benefit?

99%

@99PerCent I was told by a grower that i really trust that an extended lights out period of 24-48 hours helps to fully set the change in chemical cues that tell the plant to flower so they start forming buds faster. This will be my first time trying it but so far it seems to have had a very positive effect. I went from 24/0 straight to darkness and when the lights came on, the smaller plants had stretched up to canopy level and everyone was praying and very green. They seemed to really enjoy the nap but well see if the buds come any sooner.

1 Like

I wonder how they will fair through flower.

Do you have some stretch room left? After the buds are set, they will probably stretch a bit more again.

Keep posting pics of the tent area as well. Helpful to see what the environment is.

Did any show pre-flower?

99%

2 Likes

@99PerCent I am wondering the same thing! I still have a couple feet i can move the light up but if they stretch too much theyll be touchin the sun for sure. Clones all had preflowers but nothing on the seedlings yet.
Ill definitely post pics whether its a success or a failure though.

1 Like

If it looks like you are going to reach the lights, might consider a little passive restraint. Wait till they need water and are a little more floppy, you can almost tie knots in them.

2 Likes

Yeah my buddy gave me a trellis net i just havent taken the time to detangle that mess yet haha itll probably be needed here soon though

1 Like

Nearing the end of the first week in flower. Despite what others have said about not needing to ph for no-till, Ive determined i definitely need one just to know whats goin on in the soil/nutes. The last time i watered these guys i gave them plain ol’ tap water that i let sit for 24 hours and when i came back to check the next day, they were as healthy as they were before the flip. Which was definitely a welcome sight after seeing so much yellow recently.
Thinking that either im overfeeding or my nutes are swinging the ph and causing lockout. Gonna get a ph meter and see whats goin on so i can stop just making educated guesses :sweat_smile: Just glad to see green again!

2 Likes

Well I would flush them a few Times with 25% nutrient solution. Maybe Just clean water at First and really lot of it :slight_smile: pH adjusted.

What is your room temperature? They look like they got heat stress as well…

2 Likes

Oh yeah, heat stress is the biggest problem at the moment. During lights on itll easily hit 90 if im not careful but that only happened once. I can uaully keep it around 77 but sometimes itll spike to 82

2 Likes

The 2 seedlings have identified as males and were removed. First scrog screen now in place.

4 Likes