darkenss 24 hours
12/12 for 14 days

if no hermies

stable

this is from breeders bible but,
Queso from Kannabia withstood this
Sticky timer lol

2 Likes

I think you would stress them more if your dark cycles were less than 12 hours. @GreenCaciqueHawaii why are you trying to get intersex plants?

1 Like

Kush genetics tend to herm from seed esp from random breeders, alot of people selfed clone only strains to get seeds and feminized seeds in my expieriance are more prone to problems then anything , got to test everything and find the keeper

get some pollen to get feminized seeds from the same cut to keep the genetics without sacrificing a spot at the moment our plant count is 10 hopefully will be 24 by summer

Colloidal Silver, or Silver Thiosulphate (STS) will probably do what you want. Or messing with the night cycles once they go into flower.

1 Like

You donā€™t want to reverse plant with Hermie traitsā€¦
Mr Soul talks quite clearly about it in a video on YouTube : first find a plant that doesnā€™t Herm ever, then reverse a clone with CS or STS and get that ā€œgoodā€ pollen. Good as in ā€œHerm freeā€ senseā€¦
Ds

6 Likes

have to work w the resources i had haha looks the one si have a are pretty resilient cuz nothing nada had a plant that gave me 3 nanners and gave me only one single seed it was a blueberry thinking about give her a try really soon

iā€™ve never had a plant hermie and iā€™ve mostly grown feminised seeds. thereā€™s been times where i was responsible for manually controlling the light scheduleā€¦ needless to say in the middle of flower thereā€™s been times where iā€™ve left the light off for 36-48 hours and other times iā€™ve left the light on for 36-48 hours, times where itā€™s been 12-12 or 16-8 and sometimes 8-16ā€¦ all in the same week. but the plants are already seeded so maybe thatā€™s why they arenā€™t herming? idk but i got tired of it and hooked up my 2nd timer today

2 Likes

Sometimes they will make 'nanners inside the bud where you canā€™t see them, and make a couple seeds.

5 Likes

That would make sense. If the ability to produce intersex flowers is an attempt at procreation, already seeded plants may not trigger that genetic expression.

3 Likes

It is still triggered by stress and genetics. I have been able to isolate buds on plants with pollen, only to find the entire plant brimming with seed.

99%

1 Like

iā€™ll be interested to know if OP has similar results with regular seedā€¦ are you sure there is no malfunction with your timer perhaps coming on in the middle of the night? or maybe a red LED on a fan/heater/dehuey or something you havenā€™t covered up?

2 Likes

The stress, in my case, came from poor soil, maybe genetics.

Lights have never been an issue for me, yetā€¦

1 Like

I will need to buy some Reg seeds saving up for some OceanGrown geneticsā€¦ In canada very expensive. and my timer seems to be working fine and i dont have a heater or dehuey in the room only the light and 2 fans and no lights on any fan, ive tried checking for light leaks , having issue after issue, been lacking at getting some pictures was trying to find a decent quality camera as my tablet doesnt take the best pic maybe will use my phone

1 Like

I too have grown a lot of fem seeds and regs and I still havenā€™t had any herm on me, one plant( reg) threw a couple of nanners- plucked em off = unseeded.
I manually ( i got timers) turn lights on/off EVERY night/day, sometimes Iā€™m out of sync but I havenā€™t had any issues with hermiesā€¦ I managed to reverse a 3 bears og auto recently by constantly transplanting it and I put it in cold damp closet under cob, and i now have a small amount of pollen ( will select pollenate a couple other autoā€™s that are flowering) i hope the pollen is viable, though.
Anyway I reckon itā€™s something to do with environment that OP has hermies from 3/5 strains, just saying. Happy growing ā€¦
Gaz

2 Likes

I am getting stressed just thinking of trying to keep up with that. :worried:

99%

3 Likes

dont think it needs to be exact lol
also buy a timer

They were talking about trying to find a XX female that could be reversed with no risk of hermies

1 Like

I just want to be able to stop throwing out big plants full of bud while im so broke can barley keep my pain away :frowning: lol sadly but true

after taking a look at my new stuff I am hoping for better results. I did change up a bit with advice from here, put a new plant in last night and some to go in once i can get a clone of it and will update yall

1 Like

I would use the best technique that I use for getting rid of major issues and that is culling. Issues like diseases even pests are strain related. I saw pests avoid strains and go for others side by side so I sure will dump the strain that hermies and it would not take me more than one or two herming strains from a breeder to dump his entire gear. I never culled a plant that was exceptionally potent. IME the best most potent strains gave me no major issues and were all in all very pleasant to grow.

1 Like

Just remembered,
I once heard Vader say that disrupting the roots by staking plants during flowering can cause intersexing.

4 Likes