3/5 different strains Hermaphrodite ?!

I respect Vader’s opinion, root stress could do it. But boy how many stakes are we talking? I picture that box with a magician inside avoiding the swords. :grin:

1 Like

That is a pet peeve of mine, i hate when friends stab their plants repeatedly and then ask me why they have spots and die back on their leaves. If your pots are damn near root bound and you gouge half inch holes down through the root mass repeatedly something bad is going to happen. (most people use more than one stake) :grin:

3 Likes

I have done this!! could be a reason… i think most of them were done that way

2 Likes

Way late for stakes. Set them in when you re-pot and set them in the new soil.

4 Likes

Environmental fluctuation, temp and humidity along with hot feed and or pH fluctuation or stress definitely can cause herm issues.

Also over ripe plants will begin to herm even with good genetics. When does the herm become apparent?

I will re read your post real quick

1 Like

Also, superthrive is carinogenic, I believe, ditch that product. Sounds like hot feed is your culprit. Avoid following product feed guidelines for max or full strength. Try ramping it up or down slowly and observing. Most plants can have very different feeding needs.

Hows your pH?

2 Likes

Also, what is your ppm or EC reading on your feed?

Here i am again… yet another hermaphorditic plant, i am lost in what to do… I ask you to give me any reason for a hermie and let’s see if we can figure this out ?

5x5 1000w Hps grow
all genetics HAVE been feminized seeds
Nutrients are Remo Nutrients , I have realized i have been giving kelp past week 2 of flower and animo acids all through flower could this have caused it ?
Light leak : Been checked

My only thought is this is genetics with feminized seeds… any opinions ? thanks

Got to be genetics.

Are you using the same beans? Same Breeder?

If so, I would consider a new source for beans.

Any pics of the beast?

1 Like

ive cut them all down in a rage before taking pictures lol… many different breeders and genetics…

have been 2-3 sources too. all have been feminized though…

trying to get money for oceangrown genetics but im hurting so bad i have no money from not working this set back is detrimental to me but is what it is i just gotta get it figure out, can barley afford some bud to help keep my back pain off since my last 10 plants have been hermies

I wouldn’t worry about light leaks unless it’s major. I open my cabinet once or twice a week during lights off.
It’s crazy that you’ve had so many in a row.
Are we talking a few nanners at the last couple weeks of bloom? Or straight up hermie?

straight up hermies, in weeks 1-4 devloping sacks, and ive had seeds so not sterile…

Some have been Completely hermie absolutely no female pistils and some have been straight up half the plant, others have been 2 -3 pollen sacks just dangling open and others the whole lower devloping them everywhere , its never just one sack or one nanner its a cluster or lots…

I have heard of people say fem seeds can be more sensitive. I do not have any first hand knowledge though. I’ve only grown a few fem’s.
Can you try regular seeds and see what happens?

1 Like

When you say 5x5 do you mean a 5x5 grow tent, if so I would imagine it gets entirely to hot in there unless you have a 6-8 inch inline fan exausting threw a sealed hood, extreme temps or to close to light can stress plants, is it actual hanging male flowers or nanners coming out of nugs

2 Likes

temps are not an issue … sealed hood and yes 6 inch inline pulling air out. light is far away from the plants like 3ft far … i moved it well up and away and actuall hanging male flowers

Hoping to i have no money for seeds currently…

1 Like

Do you use full strength nutrient solution?
What EC is your runoff water?
Are you disrupting the roots by staking plants that are in flower?

My nutrients i am using 2 ml / Gallon, 1/4 strength listed & flushing with water every other feed unless plants look like they need some food.

Don’t have an EC pen

And no I try to transplant 1-2 weeks before flower so roots develop stress free and do not stake in flower

1 Like

Hmm,
Everything sounds ok there. :+1:
Just checking.

2 Likes

no no i appreciate it, i want this lol i’ve gone over everything… i want to make sure I have not misse dsomthing :slight_smile:

3 Likes