3/5 different strains Hermaphrodite ?!

Something in your environment is causing stress. I know light leaks, pH issues, over fertilization, over heat, too much light, too big of a temperature swing, flowering before mature, flowering too long, and disturbing the roots can all cause a female to develop male flowers.

Maybe you can try some regular auto flowers to rule out any issues with the photoperiod. I would be happy to send you some, just PM me an address. :thumbsup: :seedling:

3 Likes

When you say some have been completely hermie. Itā€™s kinda making me think you had reg seeds rather than fem. even a herm would be throwing pistils.

3 Likes

@StrainVenator, I have merged all your 3 hermie topics into one. Please donā€™t start new topic with each update. Thank you.

2 Likes

TL:DR? Feminized seeds do not increase the chance of a hermie.

GSC is a hermie, the cookie fam admit it in an interview with high times, and call the seeds people find ā€œfortune cookies.ā€
Everytime someone uses one of those seeds to make another batch, it will have a decent chance to hermie.

And then they find seeds in THAT bud and guess what they do?

They grow them again, and MORE people find seeds in their buds, and MORE people grow hermies!

Now they have an ā€œF2ā€ and everyone loves the buds because its a girl scout cookies cross and people are stupid. Try to count all the cookie crosses available. Before you buy one you have to ask, are they properly line bred to get rid of the hermie genetic?

GSC isnā€™t the only culprit, itā€™s happening all over the world with hermies of all different kinds. But until we start eating those seeds that we KNOW came from a hermie, the problem is going to get worse

1 Like

I donā€™t know I have grown a lot of fem seeds and havenā€™t had any hermies. Have an s1 from Hammerhead in veg now, and have had at least one S1 plant in flower for almost the last year. Zero hermies. Now Duct Tape from Archive hermie 3 weeks into flower pluck them all and that is that it does not grow anymore sacks and no seeds. I would really look at the breeder or a different one that does a little testing to verify genetics. An s1 shouldnā€™t be more prone to herming that a regular seed as a matter of fact I have not had an s1 hermie only regular seeds and at $200 a pack. Just my thoughts. Seed should be put throught a series of tests before they are sold. Check out Forum Genetics a lot of s1 I have tested for them 6 different strains. Peace OG

4 Likes

I found that even normally stable regs would hermie under high stress. some of my old loft grows provided plenty of stress cos of wild temp swings that i sometimes couldnā€™t deal with. Grown a good number of fems fairly recently and only one hermied quite badly but it did get a bit stressed. Not had issues serious enough to put me off fems even though i do find the odd seed which i donā€™t mind. The convenience of not wasting valuable space, time, nutes, compost etc on unwanted males is worth it imo.

3 Likes

agree, Iā€™ve found that every strain will produce male flowers if itā€™s stressed enough. We need to see pictures of the plants in question to know whether theyā€™re sick & dying or healthy and therefore a genetic issue.

2 Likes

I agree, there are just too many variables to guess at. I have an experiment going, a green crack bush flowering just now, the seed came from a stress hermied GC auto. Iā€™m keeping a close eye on her/it but so far no sign of bollocks. It has not been stressed like itā€™s mum was and she was a lovely potent smoke for an auto so i thought it was worth a try.

2 Likes

Pictures or it didnā€™t happen, lol. OG

1 Like

Absolutely, most strains can hermie. Stress can decrease ethylene levels below the threshold for producing female flowers, and the plant hermies.

Like @OG1969 mentioned, heā€™s grown more than enough feminized seeds to prove to himself itā€™s unrelated. Thousands of us have come to the same conclusion.

If there are many unrelated strains under the same conditions, and some hermie and some donā€™t, itā€™s genetic.

2 Likes

that some of your problem get a pen or ph drops.

Iā€™ve got both. Few monthā€™s later and Iā€™ve discovered a few issues. My temp and humidty were fluctuating quiet a bit aswell as it seems my timer had been bumped and it was on for about 12.5/11.5 Iā€™ve dialed it back to 11/13 with better results. Aswell my nutrients I;ve learned a better feeding schedule. I have switched to regular seeds aswell trying to stay away from feminized but i still have a couple left to run. Appreciate everyoneā€™s help Im hoping I have better success now

1 Like

If the breeder just reverses an XY female instead of doing the hard work of finding an XX (true) female this can happen according to a book I read.
Sounds like bad genetics
Used Femaleseeds.nl for years when I first started and never had a hermie
used Nirvanaā€™s clone of a popular fem and got a hermie, I assume they just pick a nice female and reverse, then let the public do the testing for themā€¦
Sounds like you might be better off buying some regs

edit just read reply above lol

1 Like