30%+ THC Strains

Apologies if its already been mentioned, Mass Medical says he had a cut of Prayer Pupil that tested at 33%.

3 Likes

Guava x C99 clone. stays low and spreads wide. just coming into flower any day.

18 Likes

White Fire, White Fire OG, along with the abbreviated names WiFi or WiFi OG are all made from the same genetics… Fire OG x The White.

It mostly depends on where you’re at that will determine what name it goes by.

If we both grew a clone of this plant from the same mother, they would most likely turn out to be much different, due to different atmosphere/environment, different growing methods/styles, different nutrient formulations given to the plant.
There are other factors to consider, however, in my over all growing experience, plant environment, grow method and cation exchange/nutrient absorbtion are what create the most diversity among same-plant clones.

Phenotypes are expected to have a level of diversity, that’s why we pheno hunt.

When we talk about clones, all we can be sure of is that they will be a genetic duplicate of the host plant. The way you choose to grow that plant will determine it’s outcome in appearance, fragrance and effect.

6 Likes

Posted this before, but not here…

Eastside OG with 38.1% THC

4 Likes

This topic name is actually a little misleading.
I am not aware of ANY strains that test out at 30%THC or higher, consistently every time, and with every pheno grown.

It’s more like seeds are grown out, phenos are chosen and tested and the absolute highest testing pheno gets picked to represent the cross as a whole.

This is the type of thing that creates “hype” about certain crosses/strains… only reporting and discussing the absolute highest THC% found, no information about any other phenos tested, and making it seem like every pheno has the potential to test at that level.
Is that a fair claim that supports the cross as a whole, or does it only support the phenotype tested?

To me personally, an average THC%, along with the high and low THC% gives me a real indication of what to expect from that cross/strain. To me, a breeder only putting out their highest percentage found is misleading to consumers. It sets an expectation that may not be able to be replicated by the average grower.

There is no uniformity with F1’s, but there will be a lot of diversity within any given cross that creates F1 offspring. Strong phenos will always be able to be found in any given cross, but should they represent the whole cross or should they be used as a high point for the cross?

I would personally love to see a cross/strain that tests at a consistent 30%THC or better, but right now, that’s still a pipe dream.

4 Likes

I think part of the problem is that people selling seeds as F1s aren’t really selling F1s to begin with. Assuming you start with 2 parents that are fairly homozygous, you should actually get a lot of consistency in F1. F1 plants should show all of the dominant traits, and only “like” recessive traits.

But in the seed market, people call poly x poly F1, and then you’re mixing in a lot of heterozygous traits, which create children with both dominant and recessive traits. So this is probably what creates a spread in chemotypes, some of which have high THC.

@Sebring made a good informative post about this a while back:

With some, this might even be intentional. I remember reading arguments for and against the idea of “just cross elite with elite”. I think in clone world, pheno hunting a large set of mostly high THC seeds is not a bad thing. But if you’re selling seeds based on this process, it becomes pretty questionable what you’re actually selling your customers. 100 seeds creates 100 phenos, so in that context, are you even selling a strain?

14 Likes

“the white” and white fire og came before the wifi. People initially said wifi was white fire og, but the buds were never similar at all. when it came out I was pretty sure the wifi was a different strain.

3 Likes

There needs to be some sort of standardization when it comes to this at some point. For breed standards from seed vs naming a pheno/ clone only strain. like it’s ok to call it a cross of A x B parent strains when selling seeds, but until it’s stabilized and breeds true from seed, then they really shouldn’t give it a name on itself yet. While Cultivators and nurseries are pushing out clones of a given name That are patented/trademarked. It’s going to have to fall in line with the agricultural standards at some point, but it’s all the Wild West right now.

5 Likes

Haha we would benefit from standards, but I don’t think that’ll ever happen (on the grey market). The way things are, you can literally sell whatever you want as whatever you want. You can say your “strain” is magical fairy dust crossed to unicorns and tests at 173% THC. And for all practical purposes, that’s no less honest than some of what is being sold. It’s the wild west out there, and reputation is the only thing to provide any sort of standard. And even that could be manufactured.

13 Likes

Exactly, plus with all the pollen chickens out there making profit off F1s from crosses of premium brands, at what point would a trademark end?

4 Likes

that is why there are “elite” clones because they are consistent
Wifi # 43 , GG # 4 , MAC 1, Trainwreck arcata cut etc. etc.

4 Likes

Do you remember some years back when BC Seeds introduced their GMO strain, Forever Buds?

The mother plant is said to have been planted in a greenhouse in BC back in the spring of 2005 and is still alive and producing. It is said that the plant produces over 20 pounds of harvested flower every year and is close to 35 feet tall now.
This strain was supposedly modified in a way that it is continuously in its flower cycle and produces buds year round.

It’s strange that this “amazing” cannabis plant isn’t talked about more often… or maybe it’s just not a true statement!

Like you said @lefthandseeds… anything can be said about cannabis strains… whether it’s true or not is beside the point!
Generating seed sales IS the whole point of making these kinds of wild claims… and it seems to work!

4 Likes

On sale 50% off - the now low, low price of $100,000. :joy:

5 Likes

Those reviews are hillarious.

6 Likes

They sure are. I clicked on the link just for the comments. The one guy saying it fell iver amd crushed his wife but hes happy cuz she was a pain in the ass. Lol. Or the review that said “Not impressed, I only harvested 59 lbs from my plant” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

That is priceless Lol

2 Likes

If we all chip in a K or 2 then we can do a seed run

4 Likes

I strongly suspect many small Cannabis exclusive labs are testing “artificially” high. I suspect many of the people claiming ultra high values are bullshitting.

Few varieties without heavy trichome production test high, but not all heavy trichome varieties test high.

It isn’t 100% how many trichomes, but what’s in it. Why bother with the extra few percentage points just take another rip or make hash.

9 Likes

Good to see you around Vern. Curious your experience with testing since you grow black market?

2 Likes

Agreed.

Lol…I’m down…can we get 100 member to pitch a g. each? Talking to my financial guy this afternoon…lol

4 Likes