30%+ THC Strains

Do you remember some years back when BC Seeds introduced their GMO strain, Forever Buds?

The mother plant is said to have been planted in a greenhouse in BC back in the spring of 2005 and is still alive and producing. It is said that the plant produces over 20 pounds of harvested flower every year and is close to 35 feet tall now.
This strain was supposedly modified in a way that it is continuously in its flower cycle and produces buds year round.

It’s strange that this “amazing” cannabis plant isn’t talked about more often… or maybe it’s just not a true statement!

Like you said @lefthandseeds… anything can be said about cannabis strains… whether it’s true or not is beside the point!
Generating seed sales IS the whole point of making these kinds of wild claims… and it seems to work!

4 Likes

On sale 50% off - the now low, low price of $100,000. :joy:

5 Likes

Those reviews are hillarious.

6 Likes

They sure are. I clicked on the link just for the comments. The one guy saying it fell iver amd crushed his wife but hes happy cuz she was a pain in the ass. Lol. Or the review that said “Not impressed, I only harvested 59 lbs from my plant” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

That is priceless Lol

2 Likes

If we all chip in a K or 2 then we can do a seed run

4 Likes

I strongly suspect many small Cannabis exclusive labs are testing “artificially” high. I suspect many of the people claiming ultra high values are bullshitting.

Few varieties without heavy trichome production test high, but not all heavy trichome varieties test high.

It isn’t 100% how many trichomes, but what’s in it. Why bother with the extra few percentage points just take another rip or make hash.

9 Likes

Good to see you around Vern. Curious your experience with testing since you grow black market?

2 Likes

Agreed.

Lol…I’m down…can we get 100 member to pitch a g. each? Talking to my financial guy this afternoon…lol

4 Likes

None. I think testing is pointless in the first place. I sell seeds and live in a legal state; I’m not in any market, black, grey or otherwise.

But to answer your question, do you find it rather odd that all these Cannabis-specific labs popped up and started reporting higher numbers than any previous labs had done prior. Labs that report higher get repeat business, and seed companies profit off being able to say “30+%”. You almost never saw anything scraping 30 prior to the legal testing market. Weed hasn’t gotten any better in the interim.

I got busted back in 2010 with a big stinky bag of sour diesel…guess what the state crime lab reported…like 17%.

12 Likes

What I find odd is you have no experience with testing or testing labs, but you are making assumptions about their integrity.

I don’t know if labs are artificially inflating numbers, or if people are learning how to get better test results. I know moisture content of the sample plays a role in the results. I also know we were curious if different labs would give different results. Someone was saying if you sent your sample to such and such lab you would get a higher result. So we sent samples to two different labs, and they both came back almost identical.

That’s all I got…

P-

2 Likes

I’ve looked at the requirements to get certified for testing in CO. Basically, they bring you some samples that they have tested, and you have to run them through your testing process and hit all of them within a certain allowable tolerance. I think what dispensaries report is “accurate-ish”. I would say not completely accurate, because I don’t think growers are required to test every single plant, and there may be variation between them.

Now seeds and seed companies is a different story. There is nothing to stop them from testing until they get the answer they want, and given the pheno spread in polyhybrids, they’re probably getting a lot of different answers. So IMO, that’s a bit of a joke. If I grow a 10 pack and get 10 phenos, will any of them reach the % that they supposedly tested at?

8 Likes

Purple Syrup f39 and actually need a few testers ATM if you want? Everything we make is for potency. DM of your interested!?! Both parents tested @29% & 30%!!

10 Likes

How’s my plant look boys? Is it done yet? 2 more weeks dude!! Lmfao testing is shady subject because I’ve had numerous strains from CO that say they @25-30% and def don’t feel like it what so ever.

3 Likes

Check out that Ultimate Euphoria bud bro! breeder says it will keep you high for 12+hrs and tests at 125%thc!! LMAO what fucking JOKE

3 Likes
THC Very High
THC Percentage 48.43%
CBD Very High
CBD Percentage 5.12%

:joy: 53.5% of the bud is THC/CBD resin. I’m not even sure you can get hash to those percentages.

2 more weeks!!

9 Likes

Shep, defender of the legal rec market procedures and policies lol. I swear, you must work for MED.

I guess we’re talking about two different things. Usually the dispo ones, at least in Colorado are somewhat accurate I find, reasonable numbers that track and make sense. Maybe because they have the state breathing down their neck. It’s all the private ones the seed guys are reporting 30%+. There’s ways to manipulate samples, as well.

IDK how anyone ever managed to get high before dispos and rec weed testing but somehow, we soldiered on and smoked the pot.

4 Likes

Lol it just crumbles into crystals when you pick it up

I’m sure we’ve all had the experience of smoking a 25-30% strain but getting higher somehow from one that tested at like 18%.

10 Likes

I know that thc numbers have to be rigged, either that or thc doesnt cause the buzz. I have smoked vapes that were in the 80 percents that didnt get me buzzed and yet some flower i grow is a better buzz

4 Likes

same with the surgeon general saying that pot is 3 times stronger then it used to be, nope. maybe a few strains are some what stronger. Before the war on drugs even the dirt weed got me buzzed somewhat…now the seed catalogs say “clear headed”. smell was bred out for stealth and it seems so was the stone. Im 65 yrs old been smoking since i was 12

5 Likes