3D printed DIY Bean packager

Lol, right?! :laughing:

Actually. The first idea came from @Nagel420 . Who sent me some. My Hubby, just made a design from his to fit what i needed.
So first thank you to @Nagel420 .
Then my Hubby… :green_heart::v:

21 Likes

Oh right on, Thanks to all 3 of you then! Saves running out and buying slips etc :+1:

8 Likes

My OCD apprecites THE FUCK out of this @SensiBowl !!!

8 Likes

Lmao, well the time making it was worth it just for the laugh that comment gave me, I can relate on some level

3 Likes

Here’s a link showing how it works. Shake n bake baby!

8 Likes

Wow! That what happens when great minds add their touch . Love it! :v:

10 Likes

3d printing is wonderful for that, quick to test, share and build on ideas! I love the open source nature of it :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

6 Likes

Time outs and “like jail” suuuuuck! :expressionless:

4 Likes

That’s awesome, you won’t have any smashed beans from the postal service.

4 Likes

Nice seed packager my friend…I need something like that! Lol

5 Likes

How many are you looking for? @Alaskagrown

5 Likes

does the whole circle get popped out and sent in the mail? is it less than 1/4" thick so it can get mailed with just a stamp like coin flip?

5 Likes

Yes! Just the little circle gets mailed with a sticker on top. Cheaper than washers and flips

4 Likes

As an FYI, I ship daily with USPS and have a USPS scale here.

5 filled flips (50 beans), in a small greeting card, weighs in at 0.7 oz. Well under the 1 stamp limit…

Another word to the wise. Once printed, make sure to WASH the flips with dish soap (I like Dawn). They do have a lubricant in the filament that usually makes stickers stick for a few days then peel. I find by washing the flips, the peeling stops. (also helps acryllic paint stick better, I paint lots of prints, and thats where I discovered the washing trick)

And provenance here is: Mr. Sparkle made the first idea, the hex flips. I made the flips to be able to work with 1" circle labels, but still just had that outer ring and labels peeled easily. I re-designed with the pockets, so there would be more printed material for the sticker to stick to. third re-design is Bob’s hubby…

19 Likes

Going to post the files this weekend so people can get them printed out :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yep they are 4mm thick so they can be shipped via letter mail

5 Likes

bringing the ability to overgrow the world into the 21st century.

4 Likes

Didn’t realize this got made in to it’s own thread, was wondering what all the notifications were lol

I’ll be posting the files this weekend when I have a chance, if somebody wants a specific bean count for a pod let me know, they’re super quick to customize

5 Likes

Nagel out here with all the pro-tips. :+1: Appreciate all you guys passing the designs along!

3 Likes