3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input! I downloaded the ā€˜earlierā€™ versions as I didnā€™t want to ā€˜sign upā€™ on ā€˜cultsā€™. Do any of the later ones (on cults) come with actual lids? Might have to upgrade if so! With Thailand decriminalizing recently, everybody and (literally) their Grandma is plantingā€¦outdoor grows without pollen drift from neighbors are gonna be hard. Damn, if it happens, in a month Iā€™m gonna need thousands of these things! :rofl:

Thanks again for the help!
:call_me_hand:

No lids reason being is if there were the added height they would be larger than the 5mm thickness once in letters for basic postage rates.

Stickers are easy to get and do the job.

2 Likes

Yeah i am just using the ones off thingiverse. They do the same job.

1 Like

only difference is cults one has the OG logo puck aswell, iā€™ll add it to thingeverse and should upload a smaller 5-7 cell design.

3 Likes

There OG logo puck has been added to the thingeverse file set

5 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Thanks! :+1: Haa, haa, haa! Iā€™d say, ā€œI should have waitedā€ā€¦ butā€¦ first test batch of 12 has been printed. Lookā€™s like theyā€™re a little ā€˜roughā€™, but this isnā€™t for government work!

I donā€™t want to go off-topic here in this thread, so might have to DM you directly for advice. The guy has me almost convinced to buy a 3D printer for $175! This despite the fact that I donā€™t really have any thoughts of what else I might ever use it for! :rofl: If I find myself leaning that way, Iā€™d like to shoot you the make & specs and see what you think. Have you got time for that? Thanks

POSTSCRIPT; Just went to ā€œThingverseā€ for the first timeā€¦damn thereā€™s a lot of cool stuff you can do! :rofl:

11 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle @Bob13 Success! Thanks for all your help OGā€™ers!

13 Likes

Yeah id post the specs and make/model as some places i have heard you can get an ender 3 for 99.

They look awesome though man!

2 Likes

if the prices keep dropping iā€™ll have to consider a fdm printer, mind you im guessing that for the older non upgraded base jobbies

3 Likes

I am interested in some pucks with lids and OG logo to ship beans please send me a link or forward information by DM

I just saw @THCeed had a DOPE new Bart-icon 3D printed seed coin, and I burst out laughing. That is so absolutely cool, I can hardly believe it! While the standard has seemed to be flat rubber washers and ā€œcoin flips,ā€ (the little paper and plastic window packets meant for coin collecting,) the 3D printed coin/seed holder/thingies are obviously popular, and increasingly so! They come in a variety of shapes and design. Mostly, Iā€™ve seen 10 slot coins, but Ive also seen 5 and 6 and 9 and an open ridged one that held maybe 30. Different arrangements like hexagonal, star shapes, etc. Some have stickers to seal in the seeds, and recently I received an incredible 3D printed capped-coin from @CerebralMeds which tickled me even more than the Bart-coin!

To clarify, the point of these things is to help prevent seeds from getting crushed in the wide variety of conditions those valiant, traveling seeds find themselves inside (and outside) the unforgiving mail system. From the ā€œRollers Of Deathā€ evaluating mail thickness at postal sort locations, to the maw of the mailmanā€™s archnemesis, The Inspector Dog, a lot of things can go wrong trying to overgrow the world.

In this thread, please recognize the amazing development of stoner-technology and POST YOUR PUCKS!

EDIT: theres a million names for these - whatā€™s your favorite? Seed puck? Printed embryonic capsule? Having trouble linking pictures here but hopefully the rest of you can fill us in with visual goodness :wink:

@ix3u it seems you are one of the great originators or distributors of pucks - thank you for your efforts! Truly, it is a unique form of functional art.

The Bart Puck: Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 17) - #3839 by THCeed

Amazing Seed Loader technological development 3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader - #60 by OhNo555

@Tlander showing off the puck-printer 3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader - #56 by Tlander

5 Likes

Beats hell outta bit coin. Iā€™d call 'em pot coin, or canna coin, or canna currency.
cyber cbd, cyber seed.
Later Edit: Cyber SeedBeeDee

2 Likes

Yep, Iā€™m lovinā€™ 'em too! I started off with the 10-cell, but find Iā€™m happier w/the open-centered ones. The 10-cell pucks often times have too small of holes and my seeds ride up too high just baiting the rollers! I find I can usually get around 30 ā€˜normalā€™ seeds in the open-centered ones.

OGTW!

20 Likes

I just got my pucks yesterday and some of my beans, lots of my beans, are too big for the holes and stick out. I hope they make it. The big center hole looks really good. I need something for my bigger beans. Love the pictures. Have a great night Brother.

8 Likes

How do I get some of them beans? Nice selection.

1 Like

I am not even close to the originator of anything :laughing:

@Bobgrows does REALLY nice ones and you can order from her!

That sucksā€¦ And I hope itā€™s not an issue for everyone that I made some for :unamused:ā€¦ all the beans I tried in them fit, but I did only try a couple different strains.

5 Likes

Love mine! Although they are starting to get low! Looks like Iā€™m gonna need a reup soon @Bobgrows

12 Likes

Let me know when. :v:

3 Likes

If you need them for large beans, please let me know. We can make the holes larger but fewer in the puck or open concept. @THCeed

4 Likes

I have 2 strains of which the beans are the size of watermelons. Lol
All the rest fit perfect.

2 Likes