3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

@Mr.Sparkle Yo bro, these are SO cool! :sunglasses: Thank you for doing this! Iā€™ve gotten a few of these in the mail from OGā€™ers and plan to switch over from coin-flips & washers. Iā€™m off in search of a 3D printer shop now! Thereā€™s gotta be somebody on the island here doing it! Thanks again!

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle (or anybody else that knows!) Okay, full day of searching and finally found one place that ā€˜mightā€™ print them for me! Now, since Iā€™m looking at a ā€˜businessā€™ to do this and not one of the OGā€™ers around here, whatā€™s a ā€œfairā€ price on printing these things? Say at 25 pcs and 100 pcs. The guy sounded a bit reluctant, he actually sells the printers and doesnā€™t usually do printing jobs, so it may be a bit priceyā€¦just would like to have some idea of what to expect.
(Iā€™ll probably pay whatever he asks anyway! :rofl:)
Thanks for any replies! :pray:

1 Like

Itll depend on what material but the pucks print fast. They might charge up to or around Ā£5 an hour of printing plus material. Soooo your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

@Bob13 Thanks for that! Now you bring up a good pointā€¦whatā€™s the consensus on the ā€˜bestā€™ material to print these with?

1 Like

Depends what its used for. I stick to PLA which is pretty basic and does the job for seed pucks, its one of the most common for people to start with using with a filament printer and it might be the cheapest.

1 Like

The guys sells all sorts of 3D printers & supplies, so I imagine he has all the more common materials. That graphic is helpful, though it brings up even more questions; are ā€˜stifferā€™ ones more likely to crack under roller pressure? He offered to sell me a printer (he said he had a special running) but I declined as I have my hands full with plants right now! :rofl:
Appreciate the guidance bro! :pray:

Man its a lot to go through but my PLA pucks are pretty sturdy and none have broken.

If you have been lookin at mrsparkles prints those have been made on a resin printer which the material is more expensive but the print time is probably faster but i dont know how thatll effect the price :grin:. Id suggest getting a quote from an oger and a quote from your guy in the shop. Pick what looks good to you and itll do just fine maybe not a flexi one though.

1 Like

Just got a quote of about $45 for 100 pcs. Seems steep, ā€¦but seeds ARE valuable! :rofl:
Going for it! (Like I {and probably he} knew I would! :rofl:)

2 Likes

I have seen worse trust me :rofl:

1 Like

just materials wise mine in resin are about 7-10cents a pop so that price isnā€™t unreasonable considering setup and basic labour.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input! I downloaded the ā€˜earlierā€™ versions as I didnā€™t want to ā€˜sign upā€™ on ā€˜cultsā€™. Do any of the later ones (on cults) come with actual lids? Might have to upgrade if so! With Thailand decriminalizing recently, everybody and (literally) their Grandma is plantingā€¦outdoor grows without pollen drift from neighbors are gonna be hard. Damn, if it happens, in a month Iā€™m gonna need thousands of these things! :rofl:

Thanks again for the help!

No lids reason being is if there were the added height they would be larger than the 5mm thickness once in letters for basic postage rates.

Stickers are easy to get and do the job.

2 Likes

Yeah i am just using the ones off thingiverse. They do the same job.

1 Like

only difference is cults one has the OG logo puck aswell, iā€™ll add it to thingeverse and should upload a smaller 5-7 cell design.

3 Likes

There OG logo puck has been added to the thingeverse file set

5 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Thanks! :+1: Haa, haa, haa! Iā€™d say, ā€œI should have waitedā€ā€¦ butā€¦ first test batch of 12 has been printed. Lookā€™s like theyā€™re a little ā€˜roughā€™, but this isnā€™t for government work!

I donā€™t want to go off-topic here in this thread, so might have to DM you directly for advice. The guy has me almost convinced to buy a 3D printer for $175! This despite the fact that I donā€™t really have any thoughts of what else I might ever use it for! :rofl: If I find myself leaning that way, Iā€™d like to shoot you the make & specs and see what you think. Have you got time for that? Thanks

POSTSCRIPT; Just went to ā€œThingverseā€ for the first timeā€¦damn thereā€™s a lot of cool stuff you can do! :rofl:

11 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle @Bob13 Success! Thanks for all your help OGā€™ers!

13 Likes

Yeah id post the specs and make/model as some places i have heard you can get an ender 3 for 99.

They look awesome though man!

2 Likes

if the prices keep dropping iā€™ll have to consider a fdm printer, mind you im guessing that for the older non upgraded base jobbies

3 Likes

I am interested in some pucks with lids and OG logo to ship beans please send me a link or forward information by DM