3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

I cant remember if anyone in Canada makes these / has them for sale but if so how much are they per? Might need to get myself a bunch of those hexagonal open ones if possible. If not I might have to order from the US.

Is there a store somewhere that sells them?

2 Likes

Only you have a 4-sided puck. Why are most all circular? Wouldn’t square pucks be more efficient to print and to store?

Oh, and here’s a printer on the 'zon:
“R QIDI TECHNOLOGY X-CF Pro 3D Printers Industrial Grade,Specially Developed for Printing Carbon Fiber&Nylon with QIDI Fast Slicer, Automatic Leveling,Large Build Volume 11.8x9.8x11.8 Inch $1,849.00”

My original designs were square, reason for them being circular or most being that way is i made them to work with a 1" round coding sticker and those are the files i shared.

I make Hexagonal ones for myself though.

21 Likes

Ooooh, those 2x5 star rounds are pretty cool looking!

1 Like

Well, this is the older 8-puck loader…(Copied from my thread but figure it belongs here too!

My local 3D printer-guy met me with a sample batch yesterday…he printed me @Mr.Sparkle 's 8-puck loader and 4x open-cell and 4x 10-cell pucks…I pick up the other 92 tomorrow! This/these are 100% made with recycled PET water bottles from the beaches of Thailand! :rofl:

The guy is a engineer from Europe that retired here long ago…runs a NGO in Brazil helping schools turn used water bottles into 3D printing line. He showed me a bunch of (well-produced) videos on the machine he created and is trying to spread around the World (He’s NOT into it for the $)! Pretty cool…if pretty s-l-o-w process, made with parts he 3D printed and turns most of a 1.5 liter water bottle into line in about 8 minutes! He’s working (constantly) to improve the design and ramp up production. Think he had 3 of them running in series yesterday.

He sent me the ‘link’ to his site if any of you 3D printer people are interested in the idea?
(Redirecting…) and YouTube Channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsyPP6qqMSxXbFVCOJkECig

BIG THANKS again to Mr.Sparkle for the files! That’s a GREAT service for those of us out in the boondocks!

:call_me_hand:

EDIT; By the way, he just told me I removed 8x 1.5 liter plastic bottles from circulation! :crazy_face:

18 Likes

hey there miss…thank you for the KRACKEN

now i need to ask, whats the charge for the seed pucks (100) 10 seed holes.
mixed colors if you want. not sure if wording is part, i would just put Gemi-connect
please let me know, we are crowing a little bit over here, wanna look a little bit more professional

1 Like

You’re just gonna love it @GEMI-CONNECT616 ! Those “100 pucks” I posted about receiving last week - ahmmmmmm…they’re gone already! :joy:

By the way, if you haven’t already been using them…consider the open-centered pucks over the individual holes or a half-and-half order. The individual holes sometimes are not quite big enough for fat beans and it leaves them raised and exposed to the rollers. Also, you can always just fit 10 in an open-centered puck…but I often manage 25-30 if they are small to normal sized beans!

Been workin’ on my “Outward Bound” badges!

:call_me_hand:

20 Likes

Ya know… :thinking:
You could make a somewhat larger puck with 2 different varieties.
One loaded per side.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

bumps up the thickness to a point where your basic postage rate doesn’t apply anymore.

reason i made them a certain size thickness wise is so that they can go by machinable post with a single stamp, limits typically 5mm in canada, 1/4" is USA and its about the same international, so that 5-6mm range is what i aimed for considering envelope thickness and the likes.

6 Likes

You’re right, I forgot to double the base…

Stoner engineering… :sweat_smile:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

So wait…
Changing the diameter will also change the thickness of the puck?
Is this a 3D printer thing?
Sorry I’m so dense. Just curious.

1 Like

U can make it longer wider bigger , whatever the person designs, I can be rectangle if u want…endless possibilities as long as someone designed it and the printer bed is big enough
@blowdout2269

I was proposing a larger puck with two strains, one loaded from each side, and that would add to the thickness. Pucks need to be slightly less than 0.25" (max. envelope thickness is 0.25").

Now I have found out a resin printer can make a puck with a thinner bottom so maybe it’s doable.

Cheers
G

1 Like

just make the puck longer oval puck

1 Like

a great seed storage / mailing solution… thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Just decided to pull the trigger on a 3d printer. Pretty excited to get it set up and running.

6 Likes

@JustANobody what one did you get? Lookin to check those things out.

1 Like

I ended up getting a Creality Ender 3 V3 SE off amazing and some pla and pla+ filament. Seemed like the one to try first.

5 Likes

what program did u use to modify it…

autodesk fusion360