3D Printed Seed Shipping Pucks and Loader

How much are you guys paying for 100 pucks?

Cool. Checked the YT videos and I don’t have a FB. Let me know how we can support the NGO. :beers:

I’m not on FB either, but just discovered that if you go to the link and just close the little dialog box that’s asking you to sign in you can then see the page and scroll down (at least for a while!),. I’ve sent him a message and will post any reply here and tag you!

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

old post , then u can scroll up more info but a year old

FYI i liked ure pucks nice 3-D printer u have there

Thanks @Bobgrows for my awesome gear !

10 Likes

Those are sick.

1 Like

Too good mate :jeans: lol

1 Like

You’re so welcome! :pray: Happy you like them! @Hashpants

3 Likes

You’re pucks are bad ass and look really nice. Are you using a resin printer or fdm?

@valleymicro Yo bro! He says; “Good morning Shawn, many thank fo sharing my PET 3D printing recycling initiative, even if we’re still in the process to open a proper NGO, my project can be supported on Patreon following this link EcoPrint PET | PET 3D printer filament creating from recycled bottle | Patreon”

1 Like

Nice , Pants. would be cool if one legs said HASH , or across the top,
They are still :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Thanks! Checking it out. :beers:

1 Like

@JustANobody he is using an Ender.

1 Like

Any of you 3D printer guys have a file for the stem-benders for T-topping plants? I found a great local guy w/a 3D printing business (selling machines, not jobbing…except in MY case!) Who will print for me but I haven’t seen a file available for this type? If anybody wants to give it a try at designing one let me know and I’ll take better pictures w/dimensions! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m really looking for ones that are used at the top (or anywhere there are opposing branches, I guess) of a plant when you have pinched and want the next two branches to spread. It’s actually shaped like a “T” with 3 stem-clipping points. They can be used upside-down as well to get a little more stretch. I generally use a little spring-loaded clip to hold the plastic & stem in place. I’ve tried various other common ones from Amazon-like places and they are all either too heavy weight or have features that make stem -breaking highly likely!

I ordered some online in two different sizes and they worked well, but the plastic used is terrible, cracking within a few days of Sun exposure. I think if anybody has a file for printing these things, it would be cool to scale them to fit various sized stems. By the way, those small black curved ones I posted in my thread about finding online the other day???

Forget 'em! Broke 4 branches on a Goji Monster trying to very carefully remove them today! :cry:

Various “No-Goes”

These weren’t too bad, but a little heavy on thin branches.

Close-up;\

4 Likes

just a tip instead of trying to force in a rigid stem, give it a pinch over the length of the radius crushing the inner herd, that coupled with your benders the plant wont even notice.

i dont even bother with benders cause i just pinch and flop tops

2 Likes

Thanks @Mr.Sparkle ! Yeah I caught one of Kyle’s videos on plant chiro! He did a good job on the audio on that video and you can actually hear the sound of the cell walls breaking! I’ve been doing it ever since, but got a wild hare the other day and thought of doing a shitload of candelabra-style plants in the greenhouse for a short season run and I’d like the initial ‘bends’ to be 90 degrees which I just can’t seem to do consistently by hand.

My problem was on ‘removal’ not application. The fact that they try to make it a ‘one-size-fits-all’ situation means often you can’t leave it on the plant for 24 hours without it growing into the clip in a way that forces breakage.

Need some input wife wants to buy me a 3d printer for Christmas. :mrs_claus:
I know zero about them any input would be appreciated don’t want her to buy junk and don’t want to have to sell a kidney either . Thanks

2 Likes

I am really digging the Ender 3 v3 SE. Super easy to set up, the auto leveling actually works really well. Very easy to use. And has decent speed for a first printer.

4 Likes

Thing is unless your into them I’d avoid as at some point you’ll be fixing and tweaking them SLA and or FDM printers, there alot better than years past but still it’s a hobby in itself, I got mine to print miniatures but ended up doing bottles worth of pucks with it.

6 Likes