3x3 Growlog 1st grow

One more thing, if you can get that fan and filter out of the tent, I didn’t believe it at first until I tried it, but that filter being inside the tent will greatly diminish the amount of terpenes of your finished product. Also the happy place for that light above my scrogged girls was about 9 inches. Good luck and happy growing!

5 Likes

hey thanks, the vispar and small tent are still in boxes, I am glad I went with a bigger tent and better light.

Might still keep those two for a veg tent, and leave this one as flower. how much heat and what size tent did you pull 1/2 LB out of?

I still need more room because this better light seems like overkill for a 3x3. I have 5 fans and its still average 78 degrees in there.

You have the exact same setup I pulled it off in. 3 x 3 with a VS 600. It’s important with any of the cheaper LEDS to make sure that canopy is level. If I hadn’t splurged on a RapidLED 3 x 3 build kit I’d still be running that same setup but I did, so as It is the Frog in my pocket is now running her autos in that set up. Check out the early posts on my grow log.

1 Like

From top left: AK 47V fem (story below) ,
Armageddon regular seed thought it was fem but its not,

a 1 Haze fem- can see taproot on its way down, been quite a few days I just popped it into soil on the 28th, its taking its time should be up in a few days

White Widow fem- popped with taproot this morning, into soil today.

I fucked with the ak47v because armageddon popped up so quick I wanted to see what was going on with it.
I snapped its taproot moving the dirt around to see , then when I tried to take it out I squeezed it too hard with tweezers and some white goo came out :grimacing: pretty excruciating.

so first rookie mistake and lesson learned, LITFA.

I dropped it back in and am just gonna leave it alone. Maybe it will pull through? IDK worth a shot. I ordered another bean in case it doesn’t.

Kinda happy mistake I got the regular armageddon seed, if it turns out to be male I can dust a few calyxs and have free armageddon cross seeds for next grow :seedling: it sure popped up quick and is taking off, I might transplant it to a 3 gal tomorrow.

got a 4000k lmh301 240w for the veg tent (2x2x3) coming and a 480w 3000k for the flower tent. Might keep the HLG 550 as a backup but we’ll see… returning the vispar,

2 Likes

White widow, took 36 hours to expose taproot, popped out of the soil with a helmet in I 6 hours I shit you not. Got that desire to live.

This may be the weakest seedling I have ever seen. Its so tiny. A 1 Haze, I saved it from rotting I think the entire thing was buried and kinda twisted under some perlite looking real sad so I propped it up, got the seed off and now its looking a lot happier.

Mystery gender Armageddon, another example of a strong seedling

This is NL, Almost as robust as the widow and amageddon, it took a little longer but still pretty fast.

I think that ak seed was bunk anyway it was planted at the same time as the armageddon and hadn’t broken soil in 5 days and the armageddon was on its third set of leaves already… Probably would have been like this haze seedling.

I think the worst is over, gonna baby them til repot.

3 Likes

Off center is fucking with my OCD. oh well. Into FFOS today, it was outgrowing that cup for sure.

Getting bigger. Not much excitement yet. Gave them a few squirts of Fox Farm Big bloom, 6 tsp diluted into 1 gal of water but I noticed some brown tips on the new growth of the WW this morning, gonna back off and use just RO water.

4 Likes

Replaced HLG 550 with 2 4k QBs 120w each. The light on top is a 3k 480w QB. These are the LM301H diodes.

I got all the stuff and another 320w QB for another tent for mothers and clones. Will setup and pix sometime, tomorrow maybe my back is kinda stiff we’ll see if I feel like doing it…

Its a lot of light for a tiny tent and small plants, we’ll see how it goes. Temps are below 80 with all these lights running full blast.

5 Likes

Wow thats a lot of lights you got. Are the lm301h diodes new? I have the lm301b on one of by qbs.

1 Like

they were announced last year sometime, you can find them online if you google lm301h quantum board.

1 Like

So little bit of a conundrum.

I had mentioned before that there were some light leaks in this tent. The new tent is going to be inside a closet, behind a door, and its a nicer brand of tent. BUT its smaller, its 2x3x5.

I could move the 3k 480w QB into the smaller tent, see if I can manage temps in there flowering and just flower 2 smallish plants at a time, or I could do what I was going to do originally and make the closet tent the veg/clone tent.

More space for flower is probably better, but I wonder how bad a few pinhole leaks are going to stress the plant? Doesn’t the moon make light, and twinkling stars too… what ya’ll think

Is it possible to keep the light off in the room outside your tent?

1 Like

Well no not really. Its my room so I’ll always be in here.

I could move the flower tent to another room but its better to keep it in here if I can for several reasons.

1 Like

My dad used moving blankets to cover his tent at lights out. Keeps the light out, but you have to remember to take them down when the lights come on.

1 Like

waiting on the last light to come before I decide where to put what.

I’m heavily leaning toward making this the flower chamber and leaving the 4k QBs (2 120w and 1 320w) in the slightly larger tent for veg and clones. The bigger 480w 3k QB should fit in here pretty snugly and I can always dim it if its getting too hot.

I’ll have to keep the girls short though, this might be a perfect SOG setup.

New Camera :open_mouth:

Just your standard regular closet

Agromax, u mad bro

If a growtent could be sexy, I think it’d look like this

Veg tent

Armageddon is come, I think this might be ready for some abuse

Widow

NL

Haze

One more shot of the Armageddon

5 Likes

Repotted everything and tidied up the tent a bit. I like how the milk crates fit in the plastic bins, which both fit in this tent.

This plant did not like being in straight FFOF. The leaves were turning brown and crisping up,new growth was yellow with brown tips, it looked like the whole plant was going to die.

So I took it out of the 3 gal, shook all the FFOF off of the rootball, which was already huge :astonished: and put it in the 5 gal with a mix of sandy seedling starter, happy frog and a little bit of FFOF. It looked pretty sad for a day or so but now its perked up and looking a lot greener.

Widow, happy and green, some white spots on one of the fan leaves, not gona worry about it.

NL, also happy and green.

Haze, IDK whats wrong with this, it looks kinda yellow and the leaves are turning brown. The soil is mostly sandy seedling starter some FFOF and happy frog. Like 60/30/10 Seedling/HF/FFOF. This seedling was really weak then caught up to the others now its doing this.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I have a Blue Heaven that freaks out any time you go near it and does exactly the same. Probably transplant shock.

1 Like

Yeah the haze has been finicky since it sprouted, it didn’t even want to break soil.

Others seem to be doing fine, I LST and topped the armageddon while repotting it, figured all stress at once is probably better than stressing it more later.

I think I like the idea of one top and LST the branches, it will work well for the space and pots I have for them.

I notice now the 5 gals are a bit large, had to figure watering and runoff I’ve been taking them out to my patio to water them; this sandy soil keeps caving in on itself and exposing the roots, so I need to add more soil every time I water, then water more to get that soil moist causing lots of runoff. Doing all that shit in the tent is no fun.

I don’t want to pack the soil down too tight but I don’t want roots exposed either. I packed it down pretty good when repotting we’ll see how it goes.

Last watering I used tap water, was using RO water before. Checked PH and PPM of both,
PH 6.0 RO 7.0 Tap
PPM of RO is like 20-30 and PPM of tap water is like 550~

Maybe why the haze is turning brown, maybe not cuz the other 3 seem fine.

I have a ‘Berkey Filter’ and I used that to filter some water and check it, PPM went down by like 100ish, PH same like 7 RO filter is 3:1 waste and this berkey is 1:1…

What do you guys think, just use the RO water? Heard some people say if you have hard water, which I do, then I have free Cal Mag already. Does this make any sense?

1 Like

Calcium dissolved in water, is hard water, but doesn’t mean there is enough calcium or magnesium in it.

Does it come from a well or is it city water.

its city water.

I just used a soil PH reader to check the PH of my soil it seems a bit high between 7 and 8.

I guess the RO water will make a difference. I’ll use that next watering.

1 Like