4/20 Promo - FREE Seed Giveaway!(Closed)

Thanks for the info. Very excited to start these. Will definitely hit u up on the thread.

6 Likes

Cheers Rob, got my seeds today, M10X ECSD probably going to be a month or 2 before I can germinate these.

5 Likes

Thankyou very much @deep_rob from https://deepellumseeds.com/

Could you please tell me a little of what to expect from the Ogers Kush cross?

10 Likes

@deep_rob can’t you make these land all at once, I’m constantly reminded I didn’t win by your trickling effect :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Exactly! Inconsiderate I say!

3 Likes

Haha wasn’t just you buddy we are the late receivers compared to some I was giddy on week 1 when I know full well anything from murica takes 2 weeks to get here :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you @deep_rob … Received these in the mail today… :four_leaf_clover:

Looking forward to giving them a go… Very kind and generous of you…:+1:

Peace
DaFozz

15 Likes

Ooooo you got fully mendo’d? Very niiiice :blush:

6 Likes

main phenos you’ll get will be vigorous NL-style plants. they will finish in 8-9wks. The OG will show with twisty leaves, have thinner stems and be taller. the og-dom phenos will finsih around the same time, 9wks…
Both phenos have wide leaves that narrow as they grow. flavours vary from the classic sweet NL, to the lemon/soil/pine of the OG.

people sent addressess at diff times, so they got mailed at diff times… shoot me a PM…

yur very welcome. i think 6 are mendo lights and the other 6 are something else. unless the girls put 2 mendos in a package… we made them up all head of time and added the addresses to the outside as we received them…

8 Likes

could you tell us a little bit about the mendo lights deep_rob? I’m really excited to run this one in my next indoor cycle.
Will that be more indica dominant leaning towards the mendo purps and nl? or a heady sativa influenced mostly by the diesel, oaxaca and blueberry?

3 Likes

Thanks Deep Rob & sorry I’m late to respond. I received Mendo Lights. That’s what I was looking at.

10 Likes

Yes, it is inidca dominent. youll get wide leaves to to start and they will thin as the plant ages.
The high is strong and once the intial rush wears off, it is balanced.
The Blue Lights parent is a line that i made 20 years ago. I started with my Blue Mex.
that was a local “blue” oaxaca sativa. (mexicans were the most readly available and as such, form the base of everything that growers in my area had, especially in those early days). I used the oaxaca, sinaloa, and mexicans from other regions. the vast majority of mexican weed was coming from the dudes profiled in Narcos: Mexico. that was sinse, but it wasnt uncommon to find a seed or a few of them in an elbow. My partner, Doctor Dank also used an oaxacan and the “sinse” seeds. he also used a killer Michoacan. Those were passed down from his father, who had began growing for profit after returning from the Vietnam conflict.

I crossed a select blueberry that i bought from Richard (heavens stairway) that was from Sagamartha. (sort of like Vic. im obviously not half the breeder he was (RIP), im just saying we both used Blueberry from Sag). I bought Sag’s bc its DJ’s (Tony and DJ used to work together) and DJ’s blueberry wasnt available. nobody wanted the BC blueberry and the only other opiton was from Dutch Passion which was too expensive and questionable. also it had a longer flowering time (9-10wks) that the Sag berry. So i bought Sag. this was 1999.

So, u got Oaxaca x blueberry. blue mex was a great 1st step, people loved the weed. To make it danky-er, i crossed with the “silver” strain, the #1 beatdown headringer weed, the NL#5.

I first got nl#1 and NL#5 in 1997 at a drug rehab (my parents committed me bc of my addiction to marijuana, lol) . Both #1 and #5 had been inbred since arriving in my area in 1990. The Nl#1 arrived as an F3, and the nl#5 came as whatever it was sold as, an F1 i guess. either way they were stable inbred lines by the time i got them in 1997.

These NL’s were the first real weed that i got. Being raised on mexicans and even working a lil with afghani, the NL’s was night and day. I had seen/bought/smoked #5 before, it was a feature in the commerical scene in the mid-90’s. the most powerful weed there was… it was the standard by which all other weed was judged… So when i got seeds in 97, i bred with it like it was going out od style. If u look at an early catalog from the turn of the century, you’lll notice that NL #5 and/or #1 is in nearly every single strain that i had.

So my cross of (Blue Mex x NL#5) was sold as “Blue Lights” (i was never clever enough to come up with good names, lol) under a differnt label. I temporaily sold another version of “Blue Lights” which was a simple (Blueberry x NL#5), but i didnt like it, also it was already a strian, sold by other banks… not wanting to seem like a knock-off breeder, the (Blueberry NL) was scrapped in favor of the (blue mex x nl5) version. All this took place 2001-2003.

The other half of the cross are store-bought genes. I bought a pack of Apothecary Mendo Diesel a few years ago, whenever they first released it…
Mendo Diesel is a polyhybrid F1 of (mendo purps cut x Soma’s New York City Diesel)

Mendo Diesel x Blue Lights = "Mendo Lights". 

The Mendo Lights, is short (for an indi/sat hybrid) stockey and silvery like NL. it can branch and bush out which is from the Mexican and Diesel parents.
Look out for the phenos that grow like a diesel. They will shoot up like crazy… Clones of this pheno should be forced to flower as early as possible.
The predominate pheno will be meduim in height, branch like an xmas tree and have wide leaves than narrow as it ages. Flavor is sweet, with a nice soft hash tone to it. like good “neder polm” or blonde morroc.

High is strong but after the initial rush, it is balanced stone. I selected for flavor and resin content, not so much type of high…
A little bit of Mendo Lights, like a bowl or two, and you’ll want to write or do something creative. Smoke a blunt by yurself and you’ll be stupid. there is enough sativa in it, so it never becomes what i would call “couchlock”, but it will put you on yur ass. Its good for daytime weed, if used in moderation.
Run it in cold temps and you’re likely to get blue and purple coloration.

That being said, as with anything, it comes down to the phenotype that u select.

14 Likes

Makes me wanna pop 'em all right now…lol :+1:

Peace
DaFozz

9 Likes

i dont have a Diesel pheno of Mendo lights, they arent common. (I say that, and by dumb luck u get all tall ones, lol). I took the cross to F3 and then back to the p1 and in doing so, i selected away from any tall unruly phenos i saw.

but here is a photo i just took of a clone of the Blue Mexican (blue oaxaca x blueberry) grandparent, side by side with a clone of her grandchild the Mendo Lights (mendo diesel x (nl#5 x blue mexican)).

Both clones were forced at same day, each was the same hieight at going into 12/12. and 3wks later, u can see how tall the blue mexican parent gets, prior to adding NL#5…

The NL#5 helped keep height down… and Decades later when i crossed the Blue Lights (Blue Mex x NL5) with Apothecary Men Diesel, any heiight isuses that were added back in, came from the NY City Diesel part of the MendoDiesel parent, but i bred away from that, and I bred towards manageable sized (shorter) plants. And the F3 x P1, is back to the Blue Lights, which further reinforces the shorter genes.

12 Likes

Great work and a great read. I appreciate your service.@deep_rob

10 Likes

thank you sir chocolate marshmallow and mendo lights right on man i appreciate it greatly

5 Likes

i got mines yesterday night when wife went to the mail idk how much time they were sitting there but they arrived safe

5 Likes

12 Likes

I want some free seeds

I need free seeds few would be good hit me up