4x4, Soil, TS3000, Reg+Fems, 1st Grow Seed to Harvest

they are light (dry). In an effort to avoid overwatering, I usually let them get light (dry) and wait a day. I always water until a very slight runoff starts. Plants top soil is usually dry within a day, so maybe I am not watering enough? I usually water every 3 days.

1 Like

If the pots are light and the plants are droopy I’d bet they want water my friend.

I suspect you may be getting spill off as opposed to run off. Like side spillage. Try watering real slow, let it soak, more slow pour, until that pot is heavy.

4 Likes

Yup. They want water. Theyre amping up for the big show demanding more.

2 Likes

in fabric pots dont be surprised if they want water every day. Theyre telling you they want to go for it now.

2 Likes

thanks y’all, gave everyone some water this morning and they seem to be responding positively.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! I would suggest lifting the saturated pots now, then again tomorrow, and the next day, etc. Get a feel for how they are drinking over time. Try to water again when they are noticeably lighter but not dry (before they droop.) Just my .02 anyway.

2 Likes

Week 7 update

Good news, my lone Urkle Lemons is a girl!
And 1 of my 2 Pink Pineapples is also a girl!

Preparing to flip in 2 weeks at this point.

I discarded 1 of my 2 Ape Tranquilizers (it was showing balls), the other is shorter and different in every way. So I think I might have 5 girls in total here folks, with the 2 feminized Shiloh Z and French Mac. 1 more than I planned for my 4x4, but I am very happy to have this problem. Since I am running 5 different strains - I am just hoping to prevent hermies at this point. I live in a very dry climate, so high RH is not a concern for me at all during flower.

This is my family shot below. Shiloh Z back left and French Macaron back right. Urkle Lemons on the left, Pink Pineapples on the right, Ape Tranquilizer living its best life in the middle to try and catch it up since its 2 weeks behind

I am really enjoying this Ape Tranquilizer (day 35 from seed below) from Kakalak’s Calyx Bros. He runs the site on SoakNBeans if I’m not mistaken, has a great grow/breeder forum there and tests out a lot of his gear with forum testers. Also sells beans from some dope new breeders (Crypto accepted) and gives out good freebies - my pack of Ape Tranquilizers had like 15 beans in it and he’s got some really good looking other strains that are sold out like bubblegum s1. They have been an absolute breeze to grow, and the leaves on these look so much different than my other 4 plants. They look like they came out of the N64 007 James Bond Jungle level. That’s the best way I can describe it, just very chunky looking. That’s a compliment btw. The male that I discarded was an absolute beast.

Other than that, I am probably most excited for the Urkle Lemons and Pink Pineapples right now. The Urkle Lemons if you recall, started off very slowly and I had a hard time getting them to germ. But they are looking strong now, and really all plants are starting to show some personality.

Fed full strength dose of nutes yesterday, and bumped up light power to 50% (still 20 inches from canopy).

Stay tuned for the fun in about 2 weeks!

4 Likes

Will check back in in 2 weeks :rofl: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Kicking off week 8 in some new shoes.

Transplanted everyone into their final 5 gal homes + a light feeding.

Note to anyone: Do Not buy Fabric Pots without velcro sides. Absolutely impossible do take plants out of these things unless you can open them up. I had to cut mine with scissors lol, oh well. I gave them a light watering last night to hopefully moisten them up a bit for transplanting today but they were still fairly dry. Transplanting 5 plants to new 5 gallon homes was definitely a bitch, took me pretty much all day to mix soil and such. Mostly because there are so many damn rocks and debris in the Fox Farm soil it takes me forever to go through and get the big stuff out. Lesson learned.

Anyways, the plants seem to be in OK shape and i will be flipping to flower as soon as they catch back up and I defoliate one last time. I still have room for the plants to double or more in size, so I am not too worried about height which is great.

Hope you all had a rad 4th of July and are having a great week.

Akh Assah!

5 Likes

You dont have to cut the pots just slide your hand around loosen it all up it’s ok to trim the roots some.

Also you’ll want to continue to defoliation during flowering any dead leaves large leaves block bud sites.

Looking very good green

2 Likes

Good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you may be!

Kicking off Week 9 from seed today. Been vegging for 8 weeks and I am ready to flip them lol.

I did find some balls on my last Ape Tranquilizer sadly. It was shorter and much slower to sex than my previous male, but alas - I still have the 4 females I initially wanted so all is good.

My Shiloh Z is looking a bit yellow, and a little slower growing compared to my others. Is it a deficiency?

Other than that, I think all is well. Gonna change to 12/12 tomorrow and put in a new intake to completely eliminate light leaks as I am just using the tent openings at the bottom now. I will put in some ducting so it sucks air through that instead.

Any tips for getting the most out of them going forward? I have been feeding nutes every third watering for the last few weeks, and watering about every other day now.

Here’s a few pics I snapped today (Shiloh Z detail first).

4 Likes

New Growth Yellowing:

“If I can rule out light burn (its def not light burn) then it might be a lack of nutrients like iron. New growth will lack iron and turn yellow as a result. Other times (usually near the beginning of flower) it could be a calcium / magnesium deficiency and adding some additional cal/mag will quickly clear up the yellow.”

I am going to grab some Cal Mag today after work and see if that helps.

1 Like

Should I be seeing results of the calmag yet? Its been about 4 days. I’ve given them one top dressing the first day and gave them a normal feeding of nutes yesterday… and some light foliar spray here and there. Looks slightly better but hard to tell, and I am starting to notice some very slight yellowing on another one of my plants.

Should I give a solid flush of just water next?
Should I give them more calmag?
Or should I be doing something else?

They don’t seem to be overwatered, I let them get light and stay dry for a good 12-24 hrs before watering again.

Sorry can’t help you. I had the problem last time and never figured it out.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

soil runoff was 6.7 today after watering (water PH tested at 6.2 or 6.3 before), maybe a tad bit high but nothing crazy.

still a little yellow on my plant, gave some more cal mag today. Might try something else if I don’t see some results in the next few days.

1 Like

Howdy!

Beautiful set up and plants!

I love that light too. Similar to My MAxisuns pan .

I’m on Mymensingh second grow now, and I’ve noticed some Pale green / yellow on new growth also.

I have not done anythingg to address it, other than feed nutrients as soon As I noticed.

It’s still there .

The soil is identical to my first grow , however the one difference I am just clueing into is. I am using different drain pans and ive been a bit lazy, not watering / feeding as many cups of the nutrients as I probably should because I didn’t have the patience to turkey basted out the run off LOL …

So instead of 4 cups I’m doin maybe 2.5 …I guess Pale / yellow is better than nutrients burned leaf tips!

I’m going to Make sure I drown them fully this next feed lol.

I would love to keep an eye on your journal if you don’t mind! I am almost on the same scale level Your tent looks a bit bigger than mine though! Your actually double my 2x4

See again soon

1 Like

Welp, kicking off week 2 of flower today.

It’s been about a week since I’ve noticedthe Shiloh Z yellowing a bit (the others not nearly as much), and I finally think I found the issue. I still had a runoff of 6.7 today after watering with 6.0 PH water. So I think my soil PH is still a tad bit high.

I always test my PH after mixing nutes/etc. to make sure I am around 6.2 before I start watering, so I am not sure how it climbed so high.

Anyways I am going to look into some things I can top dress the soil with to stabilize the PH going forward. Really wanted to maximize the initial few weeks of flower (everything was looking good coming into flower), as apparently that’s when you prime the plant to develop massive colas later? Hoping this stunted growth doesn’t screw everything up and that I can get a handle on this soon to get a decent yield.

Other than that, things are looking good. Kicked up the power to 75% on the light, about 14 inches from canopy.

Here’s a pic of my garden so far. Shiloh Z a little small in the back/right due to said issues, but the rest are pretty even. Pink Pineapples and Urkle Lemons in the front (the best genetics of the bunch) have been the most resilient and best looking up to this point. Go figure!

Hopefully I will start seeing some flowers soon!

6 Likes

looking good. if the plants look happy I don’t bother with checking runoff ph etc. don’t burn yourself out.

They will tell you what they need, with a bit of time experience and a few charts off google you won’t even need that pen or drops.

2 Likes

Everything looks good. Im not seeing any worrisome yellowing. It looks more light green where the new growth is. Its normal. As the new stuff gets bigger itll darken like the rest. Its good energy. Those plants want to go. If you havent flipped them yet i think theyre good n ready for it.

After you flip all the new growth spots will be budsites and theyll get bright light green as they set. Actual yellow worry but lighter bright green is just that positive energy and them doing what they do.