5 Oldest Strains

I have that original ruderalis. If it’s a ruderalis. My cousin’s stepfather developed it along with a guy from Hawaii. It brings crazy potency when you cross it with pure indicas. It only gets about 2 ft tall. I grew six of them in an earthbox once. One of them had this amazing smell. It was a tiny little popsicle stick growing out of a pot oh, and I pollinate it with the most massive male I had on hand. The Offspring of that cross were very heavy yielders. I harvested a half pound off of a 2-foot plant one time. I might still have viable seeds off of that cross. The ruderalis, or midget strain you are talking about was reproduced by me four years ago while in Washington. The pictures I have aren’t the best. I didn’t plant until very late, and the frost got them before the buds finished. Heres some pictures. I originally got them from my uncle who lived in north central Washington about 50 miles from the Canadian border. They just called it the midget strain.

10 Likes

I would absolutely love having some of those genetics! Thats awesome!!!

Run it again lol

2 Likes

The leaves in that last photo certainly look ruderalis like…don’t they? I had read that most of what is called ruderalis on the west coast from back in the day was actually an Indica ruderalis cross. I tend to believe that story, because these are potent. Not incredibly potent, but definitely potent. The real potency is seen when they are hybridized with indicas. I may take a few of these out for the summer…

4 Likes

I feel like people in northern climes bred a little ruderalis into alot of the stuff back in the day for frost hardiness and shorter flower time, then bred out autoflowering in later generations, except for strains like this.

Doesn’t Alaskan thunderuck have ruderalis on its pedigree too?

4 Likes

Not sure about the Alaskan. It would make sense though. The little ones I have finish in about 90-105 days, going off memory… and, surprisingly enough, did not like the cold. I was told to wait until June to start them originally.

2 Likes

I think ATF of today have them…but the real deal MTF doesn’t because no one back in the early 70’s knew little/none of the Ruderalis strain…MTF was already around…Didn’t Neville do some breedings back then when discovered the Rudelaris strain…

1 Like

I’ve been looking at different rudelaris to pick some up just to play with in my little stealth cab. So nice to know can still get that potentness with a good cross!

2 Likes

Extremely potent. My cousin and I made similar crosses unbeknownst to each other. We both had similar experiences because we had both crossed this midget variety to his dad’s Afghan.
The cabin he was living in at the time is an hour and a half from town. He and two friends were out of food completely so they decided to drive to town to buy some groceries. They smoked some of this new cross my cousin made on the way. They got into town and ended up getting sidetracked, and got all the way home before they realized they forgot to get groceries LOL. Since they had literally nothing to eat in the cabin, they drove the hour-and-a-half back to town to go shopping for the second time, only to repeat the experience once again! Not realizing until they got back to the house for the second time that they had once again forgotten to buy groceries. They had to go back to town a third time to get something to eat . That cross was aptly named Mind Eraser. For some reason these little midgets turn Afghan plants into incredible yielders. I had named mine Bud ball. It just looked like a two foot ball of buds.

4 Likes

Well I live 15 minutes from town, three trips might be worth it!

1 Like

I am surprised no one mentioned Columbian Gold
I was a little young but I remember my older cousins and uncles talking about Columbian all the time.

2 Likes

That and Acapulco gold were 2 i had always wanted to try

Oooh and Panama red

2 Likes

In that chart they left out Afghan for the White Widow lineage. They always “forget” about that “dash” of Afghan.

Western Hemisphere landraces are newer then other land races. Colombian gold is a good one though that’s for sure.

I’m growing the old Panama Red now. There will be seeds in about 5 months, maybe six

4 Likes

White widow would not be considered one of the 5 oldest strains.

3 Likes

Lol. I know. On that chart above it lists white widow as a foundational strain. Like Haze. It shows its lineage, but they left out the secret ingredient, the indica they used.

3 Likes

Ah the first flower :slight_smile:

1 Like