50States Random plant photos

With my 6/750’s @ either 750 or825 watt settings…26 inches from tube to tip top of plant or they will fox tail, or bleach…imagine the 1000 would need to be 30 inches off…REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE TELLS YOU! My 750 @ 825 WILL SCORCH PLANTS if set under 26 inches off

Food for thought @50State

6 Likes

Was contemplating getting a 315cmh…would I be better off with a 600w hps? Thoughts and debate?

3 Likes

CMH here, never going back to HPS. Once you use em, you’ll know the difference.

-GH

10 Likes

I have not used one, know nothing of them, have a friend who switched 2 years ago…LOVES IT, but he switched from LED to CMH!!!
Hi @GrowHard

4 Likes

Less heat, broader spectrum, and the bulbs last much longer. I can pull close to 1k numbers with a 630. But the quality is Soo much better.

-GH

6 Likes

Randy, my buddy, told me same thing…he uses 2 315’s??? He loves them . He grows in his garage here in Texas…NEEDS the lower heat, no way HPS COULD work for him

1 Like

I would go with CMH if I had extra cash. For all of the reasons @GrowHard stated. Especially if you need less heat. But, they perform outstanding from what I know of them. Lower electricity costs plus better light spectrum.

5 Likes

Have you grown both the sunshine daydream and the sunshine #4? I’ve got both, running the SSDD right now. Curious what to look out for.

2 Likes

My 630’s are just 2 315 bulbs in one hood. I think they are the Sunsystem 630 LEC.

Jet, try throwing a MH in one of 750’s instead of the HPS. You’ll thank me later😁

-GH

3 Likes

You mean in conjunction with another HPS??? What bulb would I place in there??

For anyone considering cmh…

Running a pair of 315w with philips 3k bulbs. Have also run mixed 3k and a 4k with success.

500w CMH. Never seen these in action yet.
https://growershouse.com/growers-choice-master-pursuit-500w-cmh-grow-light-system-3k-r-cmh-bulb-120-277v#!

These are huge vertical bulb units.
Moved my bulbs into a pair of these.

And for my Canadian brothers…

Dang. Found it for me UK mates…

3 Likes

What are your thoughts so far on the led

1 Like

I’ve ran a 630 dimlux cmh my experience comparing it to hps the buds are definitely frostier but not near as big or hard under hps ! The difference could be 630 vs 1000 ,colours also appear more pronounced under cmh and possibly terps are better under cmh.

2 Likes

Not sure if there is a DE 750MH bulb, I’ll look into it later.

Something like this:

HPS MH HPS

Broader spectrum. You can probably pick up a used 600 balast and hood, and the bulbs are pretty cheap.

-GH

5 Likes

Pictures of the SSDD in this thread, the Sunshine Daydream is amazing super frosty sticky nugs taste and high are outstanding one of the best strains I’ve ever grown. I found two phenos I like are the Blueberry muffin and the Sour Butter one. Outdoors they both smell like Sour butter but the actual Sour butter yields big time. Many people have grown SSDD on the RIU Bodhi Thread if you want to see a bunch of grows

11 Likes

You gonna answer my question @50State

3 Likes

How to put this I really I like LEDs but they have a couple draw backs they’re expensive and in colder areas, cold climates like Canada they don’t emit enough radiant heat to warm the soil and surrounding area. As a result you get slower growth and poor yields in the colder months whereas a HID HPS setup will yield crazy in the the same grow space. In the summer months the opposite is true the LED’s yield great and my HID HPS system yields decline due to too much heat and humidity.

The LEDs are amazing with the light coverage and what they can produce while using less wattage but they work best in a hotter environment so people with heat and humidity problems will love them my problem is most of my available grow space won’t work without the radiant heat from the lights.

9 Likes

Which one? I can only do so much using a phone to reply. In this thread or yours?

4 Likes

You got it…GG4 VS OG…I cannot wait to see for myself a side by side test of the two!!

For same reason as you mention, I have NOT gone LED yet. I grow all year, the heat from the light is not that big a deal, I have a/c in summer, heat in winter.

I love my Gavita’s and GLAD I went 750 instead of the 10000.

3 Likes

The price of a Gavita 750 is cheaper than the 315 or 630 watt CMH. Plus according to the manufacturer the 750 can run at 600 without loosing spectrum or causing premature wear to the bulb and you can overdrive the 750 to 825 watts which is a bonus. Also the replacement bulbs are the same or less than CMH.

I’ve seen great results with the 315 CMH and have always wanted to try one and they have many bulb options as well and the dual fixtures are cool too.

4 Likes