6 ex wifes, 2 KK ๐Ÿ‡ ape, 1 big Hella jelly

@DougDawson
Happy Thanksgiving
I have a quick question im running the scorpion diablo at 18 inches at 80 degrees i was going to add the hlg uv today but it recommended 24 inches, so how far are u running the UV from canopy,
Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Hey @Osogreen , I would really recommend you back the light off a bit. I tried to keep the light at 24" and found a few colas got up to between 12 and 18 inches. Those ones started to foxtail. I dropped them off their stands back down closer to 24 inches and the issue stopped. You can run it at 18 inches but you might see some trouble if you do. Happy Thanksgiving bud.

1 Like

Ok, Iโ€™m learning this led thing 1 day at a time.
I will go to 24 inches an watch .
I know the grape ape likes less intensity.
Thanks Again
Hope you enjoy the day with the family.

1 Like

Cool bud, that light has a ton of power so it will be fine at 24". Best of luck, I am sure itโ€™s going to do great for you.

1 Like

Yes this is my 3rd run and I think it will really perform with my sealed room an co2
Thsts my honest opinion it wonโ€™t perform optimal till I get co2. I have everything to finish my room I just have to many rental houses to keep up.

1 Like

I have never used CO2 and my 600 did amazing. That said, there is always room to improve.

1 Like

I only ran sealed rooms no glass on the 1000 hps and its amazing how hard the plants want to be pushed once u get the co2 running.
I would start at 1000 an bump it up to 1400 week 4 threw 6 your plants will eat like crazy.

1 Like

Stinking up the nieghborhood day 28
Sticky is comming in nice :ok_hand: :sunglasses: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@Gpaw
Ok it seems your knowledge is far beyond many here so I shall ask you.
In many runs under my belt many I have never had a strain at day 28 have buds that look very small but every other strain same time flowering same nutrient regimen an tge difference is nite an day

Any advice is much appreciatedโ€ฆthe top photo is what all the other strains look like then photo #2 is the small nuts at dayv28
The strain is ex wife its
Ghost og x trophy wife

2 Likes

Thank you for that vote of confidence, but really, thereโ€™s many here far more informed than me :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Ex-Wife has had me puzzled for a while.
Trophy Wife is a high CBD hybrid and OG Kush that we all know and love is a high THC plant. So I expected the cross would be around a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio, but no, they selected for high THC.
Thatโ€™s the mystery to me, why did they do that?

From what I understand, our plant will modify CBGa into either THCa and/or CBDa. The possible outcomes are something like 30% CBDa & (almost no THCa) through 15%THCa:15% CBDa to 30%THCa & (almost no CBDa)

Anyway, those buds are small for 4 weeks. Iโ€™d pin that on the genetics because the rest of your plants are doing great.

For โ€˜dialing them inโ€™ in the future Iโ€™d go for more training in veg and clearing out the bud sites in the lower half of the plant. That will focus the plantโ€™s energy into developing the upper buds.
That will help, but I believe the underlying genetics are the issue.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I agree genetics is contributing alot plus Iโ€™m thinking the led might have stretched her more then normal it stretched till 28 days.
Iโ€™m hoping since stretching is done it will put more wieght on ea site .
Thanks for your time
@Gpaw

1 Like

At 4 weeks, Iโ€™ll bet sheโ€™s about finished stretching .
I hope the smoke is spectacular! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

@Gpaw
I pulled the 1 pushing my light up
And will pull the other tallest .
Glad I only trellis this time and did not have them twisted threw tge squares
Put 2 slightly stoopid coolie man seeds I popped.

3 Likes

Grape :grapes: ape has my house smelly like smelly grape jelly :yum: plus the frost is strong at day 30

3 Likes

@Gpaw

Ok brother when you look at this leaf what are u seeing. Theres Alittle claw up on the ridges to warm plus does that edge bieng light green saying add cal mag asking your expertise brother .

1 Like

Leaf tips curling Iโ€™d say heat issue , if youโ€™ve got any fish shit fertilizer give them a shot of that with there regular feed will help green them up .

1 Like

Thanks. I actually have some Sea fuel from yellow bottle its full of goodies :yum:
@ShiskaberrySavior

1 Like

Not sure it will completely solve the issue but the plants will definitely green up . Are all the plants showing the curled leaf edges?

No but it was hot for a min like 81 at the top canopy

1 Like

2 Likes