6 years of OverGrow Anniversary Party $500 in prizes! A pot for pot Medium grow kit winner announced Sat. July 30th 2022

OverGrow the world!!

6 Likes

Special Announcement: We have received a donation of another Pot for Pot starter kit, @VatoLocoo won the prize in the giveaway, @G-paS was announced as a second winner to give the prize to a local friend in need of just such a gift. Thing worked out differently than expected, now it gives us great pleasure to tell @GrowingInThePines you have been selected by @G-paS to win:

@GrowingInThePines if you are not in need of this prize, please announce who you would like to give it to.

22 Likes

That kit looks so cool, congrats @GrowingInThePines

8 Likes

Congratulations! @GrowingInThePines

9 Likes

Thank You @Heliosphear and aPotforPot.com and thank you OG for all the knowledge I have gained here. This is sick and will be used for my first grow this fall.

16 Likes

Congratulations @GrowingInThePines
Fabulous win! :v:

5 Likes

And here I thought he’d give it to me… not. LoL

Enjoy buddy… epic win!!!

3 Likes

hobbyist version aka free license / 10 editable files limit, can export STL files bit requires a connection to the net for cloud processing (also free / part of hobbyist license)

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Looking forward to adding it to my white board.

2 Likes

@GrowingInThePines i didn’t know when i would see you in the pines…

Congratulations Winner!

10 Likes

Actually, no net needed for STLs. Just right click on the body you want and select save as mesh.

What I was referring to was SVGs which are vector graphics. As far as I can see, I can only export the DXF semi-equivalent format.

1 Like

There’s many ways to skin a cat. mesh, dxf, obj, etc… This is for 3D printing yes? Most 3D printers aren’t necessarily familiar with actual design programs, most download and print, some will edit with something like Tinkercad. Most don’t use Fusion 360 or Blender (at least in my experience, from the printers I have met). An STL file is about as easy as it gets to add one print to another in simple modeling programs. Even DXF format is in the paid version and not the hobbyist version.

IIRC, SVG’s are not supported by Fusion, not even in fully paid mode. Vector Graphics I would lean towards Adobe products for, Illustrator is my GoTo… Vectors are used often in print media, and becoming common to incorporate extruded vector graphics in 3D prints, but its not widely incorporated in modeling programs as its initial purpose was scalable images for printing (flat ie ink and paper).

3 Likes

“OverGrow the World” ! OMG , Is this a dream ? OG is it really you? Don’t need any gear just had to say Happy Anniversary !! I’ll go to the intro area to say Hi to some folks. BTW, Good Luck to all trying for a win !

7 Likes

Welcome @BuzzLiteYr Thank you for making your first post here, Have a great day living the dream. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Need a smile?

From the flowers delivered for Mrs. Helios. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Welcome to the party!

4 Likes

Thanks again @Pigeonman ! Your bird seed landed safely today! Thanks soo much for your support and dedication to OG! :green_heart::metal::sunglasses:

☆DJSF

10 Likes

End result is for printing, but the files I put up are merely 2d sketch files, no body of them to be able to print until you extrude it out in Fusion 360 or the like. I left them like that as not everyone will want the same dimensions on the compnents of the logos (I left 0.4mm differences in heights to use different colors on different layers). The DXFs are direct exports from Fusion (Free version) and is the only file format that it seems to export in. Fusion does take SVGs just fine, it’s how i got the logos into Fusion in the first place.

2 Likes

OverGrow the world!

Happy birthday OG!!!
Longe life!

3 Likes

No word from @hollyho in 24 hours, the next person selected to win a Small OG sticker is @BuzzLiteYr you are winner number 3 in a chain of 6 stickers to be given away. Please announce who you would like to win the 4th sticker.

8 Likes