600W HPS coco perpetual

well here we are round four, ive streamlined my processes and updated ventilation. I was using some cheap home depot 6 inch ventilation ducting, but I soon found all kind of pin holes, and since its been getting colder during the nights, which is when my lights come on, ive found excessive condensation on the exterior of the ducting, dripping. how disappointing. so I took out the vent ducting and replaced it with insulated thermoflow ducting and its made a big difference. also, I put a speed controller on the light vent fan, I have found I can run it at half speed and keep the temps balanced.

some before and after pics.

just wrapping up week two in flower, tomorrow the HPS bulb will go in and the first scrog net will go down.

3x Pillow Factory from Ethos Genetics (P2)
3x Adub x alien dog cherry (A3)

NOTES:

Week 2 flw, ppm@689 6.0ph
cut out floralicious - excessive nitrogen

1 gallon mix
silica blast 1.5ml
calimagic 3ml
micro 4ml
grow 1ml
bloom 5ml
diamond necter 3ml
liquid kool bloom 1ml
3 gal ea.

purpling in leave stems, possible magnesium deficiency - will watch
currently no signs of overfeeding.

21 Likes

They all look very happy. Looks like you should have a nice grow.

Think I’ll grab a seat.

Love me an old 600w hps 🖒

5 Likes

is the condensation on your intake or exhaust?? hope that fixes it for you… i am planning on just recycling my air / exchanging it w/ the rest of the apartment instead of outside (don’t want steam blowing out my window 24/7…)

2 Likes

Condensation was on the intake. The insulated ducting was a perfect fix. I pull outside thru lights and into the attic. The air doesn’t get warm enough to steam.

4 Likes

ahh yes i meant if i were exhausting out the window … i could probably hook in to the dryer exhaust ducting easily but i would need to cut a hole through the bdrm door to run the ducting /// or just replace the door with plywood on hinges (it’s a rental unit)

2 Likes

Fuck it, just recycle the air lol

3 Likes

ya i shut off the radiator in that room so i’m hoping my lights/drivers will provide enough heat to keep the room warm during the day and a space heater at night… very first cycle in this new place though so i’m sure it’ll need some dialing in

2 Likes

week three update, first scrog is on, switched to from MH to HPS daytime temp doesn’t go over 75, night time temp doesn’t go below 65. so far so good.

9 Likes

week four update, damn they grow fast. ill need to scrog sooner next time. I’m seeing purple stems,
and leaf in the last pic is tail whipping, indicating a need for more calcium.

8 Likes

week 5 update. so far, so smooth!

13 Likes

week 6 update. this week ill cut out calmag and supplement with mag sulfate.

17 Likes

Plants look great. Good job!

I was experiencing condensation on the piece of xps board insulation I put up over the window in my room. For me it was the humidity. Was nearly 90% lol. Soon as I brought it down to 50% it went away.

3 Likes

@SquirtleSquad - did u use a dehumidifier to bring down RH or increase air exchange? some other method?

personal observation - im germinating seeds, and when I went to check on them I noticed I had nearly 100% germination in coco. but when I checked the rockwool cubes nothings popping yet. at this point its been three days after I put the seeds down, so this is pretty early for me to start worrying. apply dose of LITFA and move on.

4 Likes

Hello, 9-plant tent scrog brother! I am 4 1/2 weeks behind you on a very similar scrog grow with atomic haze. Awesome progress so far, if mine do this well I’ll be even happier. Cheers!

5 Likes

Hey bro thanks for stopping by. Ur atomic is looking healthy af. Let’s me know what can be achieved with gh nutes.

What size of pots are u using? I’m using 7 gallon and wonder if I should use smaller ones, more plants, more tops!

4 Likes

I used 3-gallon fabric, because the autos in my 2-gallon grew almost insane, so I decided to not go hog-wild. Also, I like to water to waste every feeding, and larger pots would need so much more nutrient to get there. Granted, I would not have to do it so often, but it is just difficult for me to work with larger volumes of water. As it stands right now I need about 30L every 3-4 days to get sufficient runoff. I expect in mid-flower to be going through that every 1-2 days.

My feeding is not 3-part GH anymore, that’s leftovers for moms. Once j run out of Bud Factor X will be doing GH floranova bloom as a 1-part base, and a bloom booster, that’s it. Calmag and/or mag sulf as needed. I will certainly let you know how it works out. Getting tired of mixing a million things, gotta be a better way. Tried Megacrop but not sold on it yet…

1 Like

I know what u mean about nute runoff. I dtw too and i burn through 15 gallons every 5-6 days. I think if i switch to 5 gallon I can squeeze 2 more plants in for the same water.

I agree there’s got to be a better way than the 8 damn bottles I’m working with. But I got a sweet deal on gallons so I’m burning through that before I switch.

I’ll definitely be watching when u make ur nute switch!

3 Likes

Well the hygrometer outside the room was 50% so I just circulated air with my exhaust.

It let me know my room was pretty much sealed up. I want to do CO2 some day so this is good, not much work I’d have to do.

Most nutrient lines will grow this plant just fine. Lots of people use GH. I like cheap so I’m a fan of dry nutrients. Though I did buy a bottle of clonex recently. $23 for a liter, pfft. That’s a quarter of what I spent for 25# bags that treat over 3700gal with one bag and the other part treats over 7500gal.

2 Likes

week 7 update. i bumped base ppm +100 and started supplementing with 50ppm mgso4 the color fading has stopped. next cycle ill feed a little heavier.

17 Likes

Sure is a lot of frost on that first picture. :+1::seedling:

1 Like