600W HPS coco perpetual

Now that’s oleskool indeed my brother. Love my 600HPS.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Was wondering why my plants look so much smaller than the last run. Reviewing notes. The only thing I changed was substrate, to coco.

Currently been feeding at 750 to 800 with Flora series, then I took a gander at GH’s cocotek feed and there recommending like 1200ppm lol… I starved the ladies. Damnit.

5 Likes

Despite the small error in feeding I have to say your ladies are really nice and frosty!

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef what size pots and tent are those?

What is your typical yield with that setup?

Love the frost.

:peace::crab:

2 Likes

Hey bro, well this is my first round with coco, I used to use 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite, but I ran into issues disposing of it in a stealthy manner. If ur interested in THAT check out my 600w soiless grow log. I was using 7 gallon pots in a 4x4 tent and ended up 616 grams dry, hitting 1.16 grams per watt.

I swear, the more magnesium sulfate I feed those girls the frostier they get. There getting 100ppm mgso4. But they will start there flush Friday

I’ve lost yield this cycle, but thanks to the helpful folks around here I have a firm understanding where I went wrong

5 Likes

week 8 update, switched to MH for last two weeks. friendly reminder to clean your hood glass.

13 Likes

Ooooh I need to clean my glass thanks.

Our of curiosity, why did you switch them to MH? I usually do it because I’m starting new plants in the same tent, and the MH is of benefit to them, whereas the mature ones probably dont care.

Is there a actual benefit to the ripening ladies? If so I’ll feed double-happy about my process… :wink:

1 Like

Supposedly it helps increase resin production for the last two weeks. The ladies have stopped putting on weight, so I figured if I could squeeze a little more frost I’d b happy, but typically it isn’t something I do.

3 Likes

Well done mate, looks great. I’d be interested to see some of the root systems of the plants. Mainly due to mine getting root bound last time and now I’ve increased pot size to 15L. Yours are 7 gallon? About 20L there abouts I think. Cheers mate

Thanks bro, I’ll definitely snap some pictures of the root systems. I wish the US would pick up the metric system, it’s hard to fuck up a base 10 system. My pots are closer to 26L. But my next cycle I’m running 5 gallon pots. The 7 gallon just stay too wet too long. I’ve been keeping an eye out but when I started the final flush last night I saw some of the god damned fungus gnats in my coco.

So smaller pots, increase bottom side air movement, and I have some mosquito bites coming that I’ll work into the top layer for next round.

I plan to culture my own bt. israelensis for future issues

2 Likes

Yeah I completely understand holding onto imperial measurement like inches, feet etc. we use both here, although officially only metric. But gallons, fluid oz, quart…wtf? Haha.
Good luck with the gnats mate!

1 Like

well I didn’t plan on setting up another tent, but a friend was getting out of the hobby and asked if I wanted his tent. meh, couldn’t say no to a free 3x3. so I guess im going to run clones and mothers out of it.

the light is a cheap thing i found on amazon several years ago, supposedly 1000w, but my kill a watt says its drawing 150w lol.

5 Likes

I’m envious of you @Doulovebeef having your tents in your house. I did at one time before Ms oleskool banished me to my Shitkicker Shed.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

@oleskool830 I hope ur still not dragging buckets of water out there. Did u ever get a valve put in?

2 Likes

Hahahahaha! Yes. That water haulin’ sucks ass! Good to hear from you brother @Doulovebeef! Much Love…:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

picked up a clone king for on the cheap.

tomorrow is trim day! i fucking hate trimming…

then, after i clean and sanitize the flower tent, these lovely ladied will get pushed in!

im a little disappointed that out of the 20 seeds i bought i only got 3 seeds to sprout. traditionally i used rockwool. interestingly, i ran out of rockwool cubes when planting seeds so i dropped 4 into solo cups, only one didnt sprout in the cups, so ill be moving to sprouting straight into coco in the future.

so have 2 cookies n chems and 1 sky dweller, but those will have to wait to next cycle.

6 Likes

Preach, brother. If those bowl trimmers were decent, I’d totally run one

1 Like

Ya I have a bowl trimmer, total garbage. Better off with my trimmers and a case of beer.

I only gotta trim once every 10 weeks but damn man…

I got the notion to use the trim and make half into bho and half into fresh frozen bubble… just got my first set of bubble bags and looking forward to trying them out.

3 Likes

Not quite a case, and homebrew, but yes, beer…

Looking forward to your experience with bubble bags. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet…

7 Likes

Nothing really compares to something u poured ur heart into huh. I floated my last keg on Thanksgiving… sad face.

8 Likes