7's Workshop of Weed

Awesome! Hope you got enough for a decent trip. MSS always seem to produce less than ideal canopy’s due to the nature of the competing genetics.

How did you prepare your bulk? When I do mine, I mix 650g of coco with 4L of boiling water, and add 2L of vermiculite in and mix it all together. Then I mix in a 1:1 of spawn to sub and that works well, no idea about straight coco or straight verm but glad it still worked out for you. I still reminisce about my first tiny ass shrooms :laughing:

2 Likes

I stuck both in the oven at 180 with my dinner then rehydrated with plain phed water that i have for my plants.i then mixed 1-1 volume aswell spawn to substrate. If its anywhere near as strong as the gt’s i have more than enough for several trips to the moon and back im sure. If i remember an am capable ill let you know tonight if i grew wings.

10 Likes

nice!! If you havent used them already, definitely take one of the biggens and cut a small piece out from the middle of the stem and put onto the agar. Then from there you can isolate and you’ll get bigger fruits and more even canopy.

I’ve recently poured about 40 LME dishes that I intend to sell, maybe.

3 Likes

Nice,I got to get on that but I’m dealing with work and plants as my box is about to overflow, I’m feeling those shrooms for sure mate … I’m off to see the wizard about some dinner

2 Likes

Discovered half of the diodes on my super old mars hydro 300w light I was using to veg my mother plant had died, and I began thinking about my long term plan and decided that I have enough clones for now to fill my bridgelux tent, and I have the 2 biggens flowering in my main tent, so that’ll do for now. I cant really fit any more clones, and I still have 5 or so propagating!

I have achieved sog

Insert joke about ‘how did i do with trimming guys?’

Huge stump. My husky loves eating the stalks

Flowers starting to look nice in the main tent. Very nice early smell - not quite lemony but still sweet/fruity.

14 Likes

Update on the mushroom journey

Testing out a new isolation as the first one was a low yeilder and slow grower. The next one, was the III series. All of these were taken from the last multiculture tub I did here which contained the I, III, V, VI series of transfers.

When I look back and remember that all this came from this tiny tissue sample. crazy!

Update on the canna journey

Sog tent still looking good. Left side is mid-late flower, right side is early-mid flower.

Look at this lil cutie.

You can definitely see the differences in the clones and which ones they originally came from

The smaller ones are from plant B and the bigger ones from A/C. Although within the B there are differences in height - mainly I assume - due to the original cutting location/feeding schedule.

Main tent starting to fatten up.

They are starting to smell now as well. Very nice smell. Not quite lemony, but definitely quite sweet and fruity.

The main tent is on around 35 days of flower, to be honest i’ve stopped counting because the clones all went into flower at different times. Now i’ve simplified by waterings into 2 mixtures. They are so very thirsty as well,im currently mixing 15l of mid-late bloom mix every 2 days, and 10l of early bloom mix every 3 or so days.

my mid-late bloom mix: canna A&B@3.5ml/l, vitalink calmag@2ml/l, seasol@2ml/l, canna pk13/14@1ml/l with EC around 2.8-3.2

my early-mid bloom mix: canna A&B@2.5ml/l, vitalink calmag@2ml/l, seasol@2ml/l, Liquid silcon@1.5ml/l (because the clones are straight to flower) with EC around 2.1-2.7

11 Likes

Small win for me today. I convinced my mum to try microdosing mushrooms. Was quite an easy sell actually, having only mentioned mushrooms a couple of times before. They laughed when I told them of my wonderful trip I had with the “party pills” (600mg capsules). One day i’ll convince my dad to try it. He’s quite a stiff.

6 Likes

7th - 15th I series “mutant shrooms”

7th - 15th III series. from spawn to pins in almost half the amount of time as the I series

9 Likes

The T H I C C clone

Plant A. Shame, its been really hot where I am and this plant has started to foxtail in the heat. Its not too bad, but you can see the lack of density compared to the next plant

Plant C. Very nice, dense buds. All of them smell fantastic. So fragrant, definitely one of the strongest i’ve grown. Not sure i’d say its Lemon, though.

Hoping to harvest and dry by the end of September

8 Likes

Nice canopy from the III. Definitely outperformed the I tub so i’ve dumped all my agar dishes for that series. I have the V series in jars but had to toss 2 of them because they were showing weird growth I didnt like the look of.

Weird little dots but only in 2 of the jars

Couldnt get these out individually so had to butcher the sub to pull them out

Trim off the coco and into the deydrator!

12 Likes

Been a really long and stressful grow, but we’re at the final stretch now. It was a great learning experience, but holy shit I’m not going to be doing this again until I at least have a bigger dedicated grow space, and way more free time… And definitely not satvias…

1 meter 10 in a TINY pot. decided to chop 2 of them as they were literally falling over themselves

The next ones to be chopped soon. Not as tall, but still quite tall, and THICK buds. the thickest buds i’ve ever grown

Milky but no amber yet

After this grow, im probably not going to start a new one for a while, and when /if I do, it’ll be a small grow. I may even retire the 2 other tents and just focus on one or two plants in the big tent - maybe even with 60 day veg rather than the usual 30. we’ll see, I still have like 10 ounces left over from my last grow

10 Likes
3 Likes

One of the first clones I took, still going (lots of white hairs). The FATTEST bud I have EVER grown. its actually insane.

The main tent. Will chop these tomorrow to dry. Left plant foxtailed a ton, but still all-round looks good. Right plant looks ace

Chanced it with buying an APE syringe from Ebay. APEs are very very hard to acquire as they don’t typically drop much spores - if at all. This is a liquid culture syringe I have all-but emptied into 6 agar dishes in the hopes of getting some mycelium. I thought spores were like cannabis seeds - ok to own as long as you dont germinate them, but apparently liquid cultures are perfectly legal too! (At least in the UK) Fingers crossed they end up being legit.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Yeah those liquid syringes are what I’ve always seen to order here in the past. Never had an issue getting them to germ, only issues with keeping things sterile. Perfectly legal to own and buy, but in the US it’s manslaughter charges if you germinate them. Hence I’m staying away for now :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah it’s actually ridiculous that its treated the same as the likes of heroin… I honestly believe that mushrooms have the power to change the world, even more so than cannabis

3 Likes

Oh yeah they do! I also think it’s ridiculous. Least some places are starting to get with the times and decriminalize it. I like to have at least one vision quest a year or so and I’m going on two years since the last one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you were in the UK i’d totally send you some

1 Like

:boom: we have mycelium! stage 1 complete

8 Likes

Takeaway Tub Tek - doing a little experiment with take away tubs with a couple jars I still have going

APE dishes are goiing strong. 3rd pic at 12o’clock will be transferred and the rest of the dishes when they are colonised will be used to inoculate some grain. Really good growth, and no signs of contamination. 16gbp well spent!!

6 Likes

Mmmm i had a chinese take-away for the first time this year… A curry would have been better as i forgot how sweet it is.

3 Likes