Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Close . Interior of Alaska

5 Likes

Nice. Be freezing soon? Looks like some thick bush. Nice.:+1:t2::blush:

4 Likes

Can you provide more detail on the cardboard layering?
Thanksā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s already that time of the year unfortunately. Seem like the summers are shorter and cooler for sure .

3 Likes

Wish it was the other way around here until it really snows one good year. Honestly ill say if global warming is real weve been frost free up until mid Nov. Literally cut grass until Thanksgiving.

In the mid atlantic thats a game changer but then again it could freeze in Oct but it hasnt in several years now. Im gonna go for it next year. I only out. Ill do 10 next year and a couple Sativa. Be safe up there. Those are some beautiful specimens. Im glad my gromie reached out to help me. I needed it.:+1:t2::blush:

5 Likes

Testing out 2 different monos. 1st pic spawned 06/08/20 second pic spawned 24/07/20

13 Likes

Looks great!:+1:t2::blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! The bottom tub is the second run of a strain I ran before but turned out to be a low yielder and I already had inoculated more jars of it. The top tub is another sample I had isolated on agar which was my second candidate. already proving well as i only spawned it yesterday! have more jars inoculating with more of the same iso

2 Likes

I was speaking with another psychonaught and I was explaining to him that I have a tree that wild mushrooms all types any type of mushroom will hook up under this tree for some reason maybe itā€™s the dirt it may be that the roots are rotting in the ground and theyā€™re so huge but I think the cardboard Iā€™m basically talking about layering in some of my used cakes because they contain spores so the idea is to keep the cardboard over top of the cakes until they hook up because we all know spores love wet cardboard/paper the tree is massive and creates great shade.

I think itā€™s the perfect balance of humidity temperature light and like I said this is just an experiment I have a feeling they are going to take though Iā€™ll take before and after pics to show you again they wet cardboard is pretty much to keep them from being cooked by the extreme temperatures of the day weā€™ve been getting a lot of rain though would have been nice if I was in Georgia to get some of those p Weilii. Jesus I nees to get a print from s.w.i.k. :grin::v:

3 Likes

Afternoon folks, quick question on harvesting. I understand waiting till veil drops before picking. Question is should I wait for others to drop as well or pick as individuals drop or wait till a few have matured in this way?

5 Likes

However you want to really ā€¦ I like to wait until quite a few break veil but I also donā€™t really mind if they spore all over the substrate either thoughā€¦ but would harvest the whole thing within a day or so of beginning to pick so you can lessen the chance for contams before maybe getting a second flush

7 Likes

Just as I was thinking of making a Martha inside a closet that I was planning on turning into a clean room then I found this:

Possible ?
Then right next to it I found this:

Two platforms on locking casters that can be connected together with a couple wing nuts to make one big platform.
Score!

7 Likes

I got locked upside down in one of those as a kid :grinning:

3 Likes

Sorry, to hear that.
I donā€™t think youā€™d have a problem if you got locked in these there like Rubbermaid Lockers you could bust out of one these without to many problems, if any

3 Likes

I got locked in a full sized one right side up. Now it doesnā€™t sound so bad.

4 Likes

I bought a Mushroom kit in Vancouver years agoā€¦but after coming up with no more that a few P. Cubensis to show for itā€¦the kit went into storageā€¦ Thats gotta be 20ā€™years agoā€¦

In all honesty I would chalk it up to a Cowboy approachā€¦gung-hoā€¦with little focus on the fine art of growing itselfā€¦I would love to give it another crack at some point.

Thoughts?..Cubensis still the best starting point for someone who took mushrooms Way-y-y back in university?

Thanks
Toast

7 Likes

Yes! Cultivating is so much more accessible these days, and there are so much more methods you can do and still get decent success. Hereā€™s a bunch of links that iā€™ve put together when I started to learn. Thereā€™s a neat new tek called ā€œspiderman tekā€ or ā€œuncle ben tekā€ which involves using bags of uncle benā€™s wholegrain rice. Its pretty neat https://www.reddit.com/r/unclebens/

5 Likes

Thx 7lā€¦

Much appreciated!

Cheers
Toast

2 Likes

The same 2 tubs 5 days later

Top one colonised VERY quickly, and starting to pin. The bottom tub was a write off from the start because of the previous attempt. Strange fruits. Cant tell if its because of the heat as well as the bad genetics.

I have another series on the go to test out soon

Additional transfers for the top tub, and the jars so I can keep them going in the future

7 Likes

Bottom tub are mutant blobsā€¦ Still very good fruits I promise lol sometimes monotubs will throw weird fruits first flush but second flush will clear up

4 Likes