8000+ ft, 2500+ meters, Southwest US outdoor

I hope to be able to do some outdoor selection runs some day. For now, I’m stuck hunting for cultivars that I can propagate indoors and get as big as possible before I put them out somewhere between May-July. This year was good, they went out late to mid-May, and we seem to be having a long season. Pretty much everything has shown good to excellent frost resistance, I’m happy to say.

Temps have dropped to 32 a few times in the last week or two, but holding in the 60-80F range during the day, and most nights in the 40s.

4 Likes

Glad to see and hear it’s going well! They’re all looking great but that Taho is truckin’ right along.

I’m lucky down here in the southern Rio valley to have great climate for gardening, but my views aren’t quite as good, I think I’d trade it any day.

2 Likes

that’s badass way to grow @GrownAtHighAltitude :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Loving it! Seeing your stuff gets me so pumped for outdoor gardening. Unfortunately,where I live, this is still something I can’t pursue, at least safely.

1 Like

@GrownAtHighAltitude Great looking plants. I’m intrigued with your KaliMist. I thought she was a long flowering/late finisher.
I’m down in the Burque, and having some good luck with Sativas this summer/fall.

1 Like

The Kali Mist went the longest out of any plants in the garden. She took 25F weather, multiple days of it, without any trouble. The most frost resistant strain I ended up with this year. The colas are the length of my lower leg and stacked. Definitely metal haze fragrance coming from the buds.

I really want to work with this one more in some crosses. The other stellar plant from AKBB is the Big Fuck that I ran for the past two years. I am going to buy the Kali Mist / Big Fuck hybrid because I have a feeling that is going to be a winner too.

4 Likes

Abundant water is a blessing anywhere in the Four-Corners area. I’ve lived in Arizona and Utah, and it’s an amazing part of the country. The harsh terrain and climate hide some some real treasures, and I’d wager we’ve not found them all. Chaco Canyon is an example of that. It was discovered relatively recently, and by no means is it the only ancient monument we know next to nothing about. I don’t know how else to explain it, but there is a vibe of mystery coming from that region.

1 Like

What a great show you put on! Wish I could do this OD still, that Albany diesel is one I’ve sought for a long time, this is the first time I’ve seen it on here! Tons of great stuff, sad I missed this while it was going

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me of my thread, LOL!

This year is going different than last. Everything I put out was about a foot high instead of the usual 3-4ft transplants. The weather cooperated and I was able to get everything out around May 17th. We wound up having 3 weeks of temps hovering in the upper 20’s at night with variable frost. Everything made it but some were looking a little worse than others. The Taos OG (Tahoe OG) is still the best in show.

How it started:

About a month ago:

The Albany is doing surprisingly well planted in the ground. I grew her in a 7 gallon pot outside last year and wasn’t super impressed, but I think I needed more soil. Definitely better this time but I am not sure she will express like she does indoors in such a harsh environment.

It’s been raining all this week so now the mold tests begin as the buds are swelling.

Taos OG is still the thickest and smelliest

7 Likes

Taos OG (formerly OG Tahoe)

13 Likes

I’m outta likes atm but I’ll be back to drop em! Awesome I was hoping to find this years log/thread but couldn’t. Definitely watching now! Highly intriguing plants all around especially Albany SD, Taos and the NL and bubba stuff. Great work once again, really love and miss these big od plots, especially ones with plants and variety like this! Respect :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

I have a space on Clone Zone Discord where I post more pics and discussions. I have some crosses I’m working on making seeds from and also may make clones available later too.

2 Likes

Taos OG (formerly OG Tahoe) grown by a friend

It’s a serious plant. It has the potency to back up the robustness. It doesn’t look like it, but it’s also easy to trim. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Blazed on a bone of this around 8:00 this morning. A nice smooth smoke. Comes on easy slight citrus taste, not couchlock but functional for me. I would grow this if I had beans. Great bag appeal.

2 Likes

Wow, here I’ve been telling everyone there was no citrus in it, and that is the one thing you found. Amazing, thanks!

I’ll be working on making beans. She’s a true clone only so far. I am fairly sure nobody has selfed it yet either. I’m the only one I know of who still has this plant except for the few people I’ve given a cut out to over the past 2-3 years. She was run commercially (underground) here in the northern New Mexico area for some time but that was 12-15 years ago. She was the best of the best.

3 Likes

More Taos OG pictures from friends.

image0

5 Likes

That time another friend ran it single stalk in a tent. Not my preferred method of growing but it will stack here too if that is your jam. With hydro and an even more dense sea of green approach the yields will be phenomenal. She’s a producer, no matter what your style.

5 Likes

Got Colas?

7 Likes

11 Likes

Looking good man!

1 Like