808 Genetics Warning * bad seeds*

Hey overgrow,

Longtime lurker and a new poster. I felt compelled to share my bad experience with seeds from 808 genetics.

This breeder takes a lot of flak from the various forums of our favorite plant. I never understood why, and was a regular purchaser of their seeds despite their bad reputation. I liked their genetics and the way in which they were being combined, the packaging, and the marketing art they used. I purchased 4 packs that were between $150 to $200. All but the freebies(chocolate shake), have had poor germ issues (da crip 30%, sweet xherry 25%). I haven’t even bother with my last two packs. I have had 100% germ rates along side these seeds with breeders like cannarado, archive, and Inhouse. These other breeders were cracked at the same time ,with the same method, and at the same place.

I contacted 808 genetics through their biz email on their website. I was given the run around for two weeks…. Being told that I should have manually cracked the seeds with tweezers among other bullshit($200 seeds!!!). Provided pictures and everything. Every other documented Da crip grow has received reimbursement in the form of new seeds mailed to them.

I have not even received an apology, or any kind of humble business customer service. I have been told it is my fault even though most grows can’t Da Crip to germ at all(looks to be the same or similar with other strains).

808 genetics are frankly assholes, and there are just too many good breeders(quality of seeds and ppl) have to waste your time and money on 808 genetics.

At this point, I am flat out done with them. I wouldn’t even trust giving mailing info to them with how nasty and vindictive “supakai” (the owner) seems to be.

Hopefully, this rant will help other growers avoid frusturation, wasted time, and blown cash.

I’ll post pics when I figure out how to on here.

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to Overgrow.

To be honest, I’m not a big fan of brand new users starting their own thread before introducing themselves or commenting within existing threads. I’m also not a fan of new users using their first post to bash a breeder. However, it’s better than using your first post to hype a breeder or seed bank, and I can understand your frustration with 808 Genetics. Again - thanks for sharing your experience.

So now that you’re ‘officially’ here, you should make your way over to the ‘Introduce Yourself’ thread and tell us more about you and your garden. It’s a great way to start making new friends here on Overgrow. Here’s the link:

21 Likes

Welcome to OG @Sonakutta . Drop by and say hi to the community as already pointed out if you get a chance.

4 Likes

Welcome @Sonakutta to Overgrow.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome to OG ! Thats a bummer about the seeds dude, I can’t say I know your pain as I could never afford to even consider paying $150 - 200 per pack($30 for 12 plus shipping is high life/tax time buying) but I still feel the pain of seeds that don’t/didn’t pop cuz whether they were free or top $ its still a loss. Did you order straight from breeder or through a vendor? Just curious.

4 Likes

Perhaps…If you wanna see my thread I have an email by him. I totally chewed his ass about Da Crip germ rates. I’ve put him in the spotlight. I have his Corn as replacement, it’s slated to be grown after Tampa Crippy crop. We will find out what the deal is, but once grown and determined IF real will decide his rep. He told me the same thing about cracking the seeds w tweezers. Now before you complain about that, I am learning the Crippy genetics are harder shelled. I’m working with Christmas bud pollen, and found a lone sack pollinated on a veg plant. That seed matured, but unfortunately wouldn’t crack. I’ve had the same problem w Purple Caper Krippy Kush. So there’s truth to this. Both 808 and Purple Caper are going to be called out if it’s not real. I grew up in SFL and started smoking as a surfer, so believe me I know the Crippy bud well. As for your seed, follow up. The man may be busy w life. He didn’t stiff me buying through a reseller and I told him long history of knowing heavy weights today. That buying Blueberry at 250 back in 96 from Marc Emery is the most I’ve ever paid. He even sent freebie called gas and glue. Jury is out on 808 seeds. Possible his character is questionable. So either he’s catching a lot of smack because he does have something, or he’s cashing in on a name of considerable controversy of even being real. Either way, the seeds will tell the tale and give the proof. I’ll be popping those around April into May. IF they don’t pop, it’s time to put 808 on the DO NOT BUY from list.

If it’s an honest review, which this one comes off as, it’s one thing. Sometimes it takes losing several hundred dollars to make a lurker post haha.

There’s other new people breeder review threads that often come off as…how do I phrase it…fake reviews from people that don’t like that breeder, or clearly one of their competitors. “Astroturfing” type stuff.

10 Likes

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I plan to take part in the community in a more positive way going forward.

This is my honest experience, and to be fair I must add that last night they offered to send free seeds to replace Da Crip with the stipulation I won’t confront them publicly about the problems on social media. They only cared once I made an IG, and posted on a another users comment regarding poor Da Crip germ rates on 808s page(they had problems also).

I chose to decline getting replacements from them. The whole interaction of them calling me a bad grower, and having really abrasive customer service left a bad taste in my mouth. It seems like there are good genetics there, just bad business sense and poor quality control. I feel it is best for me to just move on. There is so much good shit in my seed fridge that I’ll be just fine.

Looking forward to showing off what I have going on here!

8 Likes

I see this alot. It’s sad when you have to join a forum to get good customer service from seed companies. When you put the heat on - you usually get results. There were times i could not get seeds I ordered if I had not of posted the folks responsible. People work hard to get to the point where they have a profitable business and are quick to cover their asses. Its fairly common these days and we all see the posts on social media about someones bad experinece with a business or even local goverment. Press carries weight, even in this day and age with all the fake news. Its because cannabis is still federally illegal that these seed companies can avoid this. Without the checking force of the forums we would see a shit ton of crappy seeds being reported on.

Welcome to Overgrow Sonakutta!

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing it!

Now that we’ve got this squared away, come on over to the Introduce Yourself Thread, and let us know a little more about you and your cultivation!

2 Likes

Honestly I’m growing 808 genetics right now, black truffle and its turningout to be fire, I’ve had their peanut butter jelly breath and it was tested at 28% thc and my truffle is going to be 30% probably, it’s amazing. I know guys the exclusively run their stuff. I have like 6 packs I still have to run. Definitely good genetics.

3 Likes

Hey, im sorry I kinda did a thread thing while l[king for the intro thread? Hope your not mad at me, it was a little confusing til I found it in my dashboard. I kept trying to find the ‘reply button’ for new users, and ended ip making a post on outdoor growers.
Please excuse my faux pas.

1 Like

Honestly, people are too hasty. The VERDICT is in and 808 is 100% AUTHENTIC. I’ve finally confirmed the 2nd plant of Corn is Crippy. The besmirching must END. It’s not right. Surpakaui has redeemed himself. Negative complaints and comments should be regarded as “trollish” from here on out🙄

3 Likes

Aloha, we do offer replacements on our gear if you have any issues. Please email 808genetics@protonmail.com we offer seed replacement if they don’t germ along with a guarantee you find a keeper in every pack. Just seeing this now. Aloha Brother

8 Likes

We stand behind our work and will be dropping our Gas Head menu next which is a Crippy BX5 come one come all judge for yourself the terps don’t lie, chem, diesel, OG, Sour, Earth, Pine, Coffee, Musty all in one strain :slight_smile: Big Bless to All who support 808 Genetics and if you on the fence pop some and find out.

5 Likes

Thanks for coming to say hello :+1: I personally haven’t tried your work yet, but I just gifted someone a pack of your Pie Guy. He’s a cherry fan, so he was stoked. I’ll take a look to see what you have going. Haven’t yet tried a crippy.

2 Likes

Brother I’ve already confirmed your authenticity and took all the flaming in the process. The grow of your Corn is documented, now a lot of OG has your work in a better structure plant from Maui Wowie. Corn is unfortunately a bit flimsy but that’s not to say it couldn’t be worked, I decided Maui was best in keeping with its Hawaiian lineage too. I would grow your gear again :facepunch::face_with_raised_eyebrow::fire: And Welcome to OG! mahalo

2 Likes

:popcorn:

4 Likes

Please don’t stir the pot! There’s detractors, which one insisted coming over here. It’s WHY I’m HERE and NOT THERE! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like