Overgrow Recipe Page: Post your Medible Pics and Recipies Here!

This thread will be dedicated for your recipes and tips and tricks.

2 Likes

So, I like Chocolate. Especially Dark Chocolate.

With some help from a few in the know here at OG, I have improved on the gathering of Kief.

For this recipe, I used 1/2 oz of a mix of two of my less than delicious smoking crosses, which make good eating. My friends wife made this cleaning tray. Ceramic. Prized possession.

The Kief looks like this at varioius stages. Please refer to the attached PDF for the complete Kief Decarbing process. I summarized a wonderful recipe for this from ( http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/ ).

De-Carbing Kief.pdf (40.6 KB)

Unprocessed Kief

Browned Kief, ready to have Soy Lecithin and melted coconut oil added.

Kief & Coconut Frozen

Kief Cooked and Ready for blending with the Chocolate.

The product at this point is good for any type of baking where coconut oil is appropriate. Dosing is the same. This recipe should have made about 15 servings (not 8 dummy).

I don’t have a double boiler (are you listening Santa). The chocolate melts at around 175 f, so a low boil works well in a sauce pan. Being somewhat of a skinflint, I purchased chocolate bulk. about $60-$70 for 11 lbs from Belgium. They also sell it in morsel form, which would be very convenient. “Caution: Chocolate burns at low temperatures!”

This is an assembled pic for reference. The chocolate molds are readily available on line and very cheap. Chocolate is also very malleable as it cools, and can be poured on tin foil and cooled as a flat candy. I should note at this point that I add the flavoring to the Finished Kief, blend thoroughly and then blend that with the chocolate, all at about 150 - 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

I made a simple math error on this batch. :fearful: I will only pull these out for friends who can tolerate heavy doses. Normally, I try to gauge my finished dose count by the weight of the raw material going in. This is not scientific to say the least.

Anyway, I was supposed to make 15, and I made 8. :imp:

Some last minute thoughts.

Minimize the amount of Coconut Oil. I used about 1 Tablespoon melted in this recipe. The more added, the colder the chocolates have to stay in order to not melt. Even with this amount, these are best stored in the refrigerator. Chocolate absorbs refrigerator and freezer odors very efficiently. Keep it well wrapped and in a container when storing.

I will probably grab my next recipe from the above referenced web site. Kat is bad, and that is good.

UPDATE: Looks like Bad Kat Pharma web page is down. No idea what is happening. Really hope it returns. :confounded:

Some of the content of the site is here.

9 Likes

Thanks Mad Man!

I’ll see what I can manage.

So far, my kitchen activity is limited to chocolates. So, I will gather my things and clean up your original post to fully illustrate that process. Then, with a little help from my friends, we can start cookin’

99%

5 Likes

I am so very happy you are here. Thanks for participating the way you do, you remind me of me and my enthusiasm when i first arrived to OG this year. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and your recipes even more… I should just clarify, when i came to overgrow, i didn’t have a single seed or a lamp or nothing, i have acquired everything during this time… Contrary to you @99PerCent, you know a lot already my man!

Please keep on posting them!

4 Likes

Oh man im so glad your doing this… Edibles are some of my favorites!!! I just am not that good at making them… Glad to have your experience here 99!

2 Likes

@99PerCent Looks yummy, what chocolate is that? Dark chocolate? Cooking Chocolate?

Edited to add: Yeah mate, gotta be dark chocolate for edibles love that rich taste.

3 Likes

Looking at the full post now after the thread split

Could you explain the madness that is the repurposed dewalt? :laughing: that thing is insane!

Have you tried making rosin with the kief? it’s great as the process decarbs and then you can just put it straight into the chocolate without diluting with coconut oil, I tend to use my oil for brownies, cakes and the like.

As a vaper as well I put all my reclaim and vaped material into Nutella and leave it a couple of months and spread it on toast, sets my day up great :wink:

1 Like

Actually, according to lab tests, rosin is not fully decarbed at all. Did you decarb the hash at all? I really need to get off my ass and start my cooking thread. I have a PDF cookbook I gave as Christmas gifts last year. It’s hurried in my workshop thread at the beginning.

I love cooking with cannabis and have some methods that are not extremely common.

2 Likes

Not sure of the process, do elaborate!

I have a Keif Tumbler thread around here somewhere. I’ll post you to it.

Hope you find the time to post.

From what I have heard and read, coconut oil scores best when it comes to bio-availability / absorption.

So what happens if you don’t decarb the rosin…!?

1 Like

A lot of information is included within the PDF attached above, and the referenced web site is very good about getting into this topic.

Peace

99%

1 Like

Thanks man, reading now…

It won’t get as you high. It will still get medicinal benefits from THCA, but not psychoactive.

1 Like

I shouldn’t worry about it then… I wanna get very high! LOL

Then make certain you do understand de-carbing!

2 Likes

You misunderstood me perhaps. You will get higher if you decarb. Decarbing changes the THCA (non psychoactive) into THC . So you get higher if you decarb.

Well in that case, i am gonna make it a goal to become a decarbing master… Thanks guys.

There is just so much i dunno… Thanks for putting up with me.

1 Like