A Basic Guide to Autoflowers

all offspring would be female, as your not introducing the actual male side of the gene pairing

4 Likes

Alright thanks! I just finished college biology but we didnā€™t go into that much depth on genetic crossing of plants, just mendel and his laws basically.

1 Like

My fast buds gg is looking amazing. Iā€™ll holler about it later in flower if you wanna see. Can you make auto seeds by applying an agent?

1 Like

How about smell?
Does the ruderalis have an effect?

Doggone you and ReikoX are just smashing my reluctance to try these, once I do Iā€™m sure to be a goner.

Now Iā€™m beginning to wonder what the Ebner Effect would have on them.

1 Like

Only one way to find out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Have you ever run Sweet Cream Auto by Expert Seeds?

lol
Busted!
Keep me in mind if you do another auto run.
I got in on Sebringā€™s backorders though.

The folks on this site are incredibly generous, Iā€™m straining to find ways to repay them for their knowledge, humor and seeds!
I was hoping my Ebner thread would have added more to the conversations here but I caught a lot of flak from certain members just in trying it and havenā€™t heard of anyone trying it to confirm or deny itā€™s effect.

My 12 seed grow thread is about all I can offer now, my Tiger Jack cross is a low odor sativa dom that has decent buds but a long flower time.
Iā€™m hoping get enough seed for a giveaway, especially would like to get seed from a pollinated outdoor grown female but the weather this year is making that look unlikely.

2 Likes

It may have gotten more attention if you had used clones for the experiment. The results were difficult to attribute to the Ebner effect or just genotypic variance.

2 Likes

I tried the EFG on clones twice, once with perlite, fail cuz glass like perlite acted as electrical insulator and this time with coco,
The Ebner Effect on Cannabis seed

Or are you referring to something else?

1 Like

A controlled experiment where one clone was exposed to EFG and one wasnā€™t. All other variables like lighting, temp, RH the same.

@ReikoX threw this up in some of our side discussions, worth the listen

8 Likes

ā€œA controlled experiment where one clone was exposed to EFG and one wasnā€™t. All other variables like lighting, temp, RH the same.ā€

Maybe one day.

Looks like I was right, thereā€™s growing and then thereā€™s autoflowers.

just harvested Dark Devil ā€œred editionā€. The smoke is pretty outstanding. Mine were not up to full potential like Mr. Sparkleā€™s, but the genetics are on pointā€¦

4 Likes

Colloidal silver or STS will reverse a female auto ( or any female.) and the resultant pollen has no Y chromosome - so the seeds are female ( feminised.) ā€¦
Hope this helps @Baltimore , Youā€™ll find more info on @ReikoXā€™s / @Esrgood4u etc , threads .!
Happy growing/smoking bro.
Gaz

5 Likes

Really like the look of that Dark Devil you have grown. Real nice Bro, Great job!. After viewing that intense looking purple bud I immedaitely went to the Sweet Seeds website and filled out the order info, and quickly found out that they wont ship to the US. Sooo, I found them at attitude seedbankā€¦Same breeder etcā€¦ Hope there the exact same beans you were growing!.. Kinda reminds me of a strain I grew called ā€œBlack Cherryā€ or another called ā€œBlack Roseā€. which looked slightly purple. Yup, Everyone loves seeing the purps!.. Yah, getting kinda excited that I might grow something new, and an AUTO, and best of all Purple!!.. Looking forwards to it. Sorry, I get wound up over shit like this. I appreciate you posting your beautiful plants. Hey, Can i get your input? Do these beans look like the ones you grew?? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: :+1:

Here is the attitude link. Waiting on your confirmation. :blush:
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/sweet-seeds-dark-devil/prod_4046.html

5 Likes

I like 20/4 or 24/7

Flip to bloom nutes when they start to bloom.

There are a LOT of people here running autos.

A great place to start would be the Basic Autoflower guide here:

8 Likes

Need some tips on autos. Last time I grew fem seeds were a new thing lol. What light cycle should I use and when do I flip from veg nutes to flower nutes? Iā€™m assuming I can run 18/6 or 20/4 on the lights and swap nutes at 4 weeks since they are done in 9 weeks from seed

1 Like

Yeah can use both those cycles, I use to do 18/6 all the time, as for nutrient switch, really once they start working on building buds and less growing is when you switch if your running veg/flower style stuff. That depends on the genetics though could be week 4 could be week 6-7 on a loner duration plant

3 Likes

Thatā€™s this thread lol. Smoke another one, Ricky!!

6 Likes