A Breeder Steve Thread

It’s already been done so do we sit and say “oh god big agriculture is here” when cannabis activists pushed hemp to open the door as a road to legalization ?

2 Likes

We vote for sensible leaders, who will hopefully do the right thing. By changing draconian anti-drug laws.

2 Likes

Yes we do but they sensibly get a lot more in their pocket from giant agriculture than from the millions of home growers around the planet , the days of the Jimmy Stewart roll up his sleeves for the people politician is long gone and billionaires rule

3 Likes

you raise good points @lunchpale
In the end, as long as a person has a good seed stash and a few solid connections for sharing and preserving lines… there’s not much big agriculture or the government can do.

5 Likes

In the meantime, i bought some Sweet Tooth 4 by @Baudelaire at Fleur Du Mal Seeds.
I can’t wait to grow these plants!
I got an 1/8th of Sweet Tooth maybe 15? years ago and i still remember how pleasant the high was.

13 Likes

Here’s the best deal on Blockhead hybrids I’ve seen, $1/seed from 707 Shabud:

5 Likes
7 Likes

I suggest getting your blockhead crosses via

Chimera
Chimeras genetics are imho some of the finest on the planet. Hands down. Flavor through the wazoo and killer effects. They just don’t breed cannabis like this anymore
or
BeanHoarder aka “BeanHo” at Hemp Depot. Though ordering can be an arduous process, the genetics are FIRE and they are absurdly affordable.

8 Likes

I’ve got a few packs of old Spice of Life gear. The Donk is one I’ve got a couple packs of. Breeder Steve himself said the strain is ok but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to dig into them someday

3 Likes

Is blubonic one of them? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

That’s 10 dollars a seed lol but I got the sfv x kush cleaner at 1 dollar a seed and can’t wait to see how they turn out :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Basically a sfv back cross

2 Likes

Yes, I posted those just above and posted that out of stock Love Candy to provide parental information on the seeds you bought.

1 Like

Seems Breeder Steve is launching or involved with the launch of a new seedbank. Stars and Stripes Seed Co. (SSSC). Seems He will be launching several companies and continuing the Spice of Life Seeds company. Nothing is up on the site currently for SOL, but there are lisitngs elsewhere. Who knows, maybe we will be buying new blockhead bx’s soon.

https://www.instagram.com/starsandstripesseed
https://www.starsandstripesseed.com/
https://twitter.com/StarStripesSeed

8 Likes

interesting… I was under the impression he was aiming to get into the Canadian licensed producer market but with a move like this … that’s obviously out of the cards for him.
Will see how this develops.
thx for posting this @jessethestoner :+1:

4 Likes

Interesting how he’d use a name with the same ‘sssc’ acronym. Super sativa seed club, the real sssc, has been around for almost a half century. Definitely gonna keep an eye out tho. Appreciate the heads up.

3 Likes

Steve on the Future Cannabis Project vlog last year talking about his venture named Verosince, can’t find anything on the web about it yet.

Breeder Steve putting in work

Future Cannabis Project

403 Likes

May 26, 2023

“Sterile” females? Talking parthenocarpy with one of the G.O.A.T.s. Get your notepad ready and be ready to learn something. apomixis is asexual reproduction without fertilization. parthenocarpy is the development of a fruit without prior fertilization. There are two kinds of parthenocarpy, namely, obligate and facultative parthenocarpy. The difference is that the former always produces seedless fruits, whereas the latter results in seedless fruits only when pollination is prevented, like when males are removed.

Transcript courtesy @mufafa and his transcription project:

4 Likes

It’s actually ‘TrueSinse’ on his site:

but VeroSinse has a twitter ^^
https://twitter.com/VeroSinse

4 Likes

Steve is talking about it a bit in the video posted by @amumayuk . Seems to be a procedure to apply to clones. I’m guessing chemical and/org hormonal reaction that prevent pistil formation. The recipe will probably leak eventually. Quite interesting for commercial crops of elite bagseed genetics :smiley:

3 Likes

And we thought we seen genetic bottlenecking before wow. Set up with the lp’s in Canada I can only see that going one way

1 Like