A glimpse into my garage

being a clone thats what id presume

1 Like

I was referring to the tiny sprout at the bottom. Had cotyledon. I pulled it. Along with this crew!

I had too many.

Edit: Gonna call this soak day for the Deep Chunk and MM2 cohorts.

7 Likes

White Rhino, aka Medicine Man. Was definitely warned about the seeds age when they were gifted to me.
This last, after two days of watching it sit there red-eyed and running out of energy…

I stuck this between the leaves

2 Likes

Actually turning into a curious project!

7 Likes

Very Kool bro.
Vcxzdfghjllpiuytr

1 Like

Clockwise from 12.
Afghan Haze
Afghan Haze
Mother’s Milk
Mother’s Milk
Oregon Huckleberry
Oregon Huckleberry

In the center, there’s a clone of the Red Thai. I’m waiting for it to form a new growth head before I put the prime in the flower tent.

10 Likes

Good day brother Allora:)

Just remembered that the medicine man aka white rhino beans…were from a winter clearance auction.

The clearance packs are seeds that were rejected from retail packs…but are still considered viable.

Reasons for rejection…cosmetic, not completely mature, size.

So…although they were viable when purchased around December of 2016…IME viability usually declines faster with less than mature seeds.

My bad! If you’d like any of the crosses that were made with the white rhino they’re yours. I’d pass you more WR beans but that was the last of them for now.

Hope your day is good:)

2 Likes

@almostdone, You warned me when you passed them my way. Your generosity is unmatched.

I dropped a few Rhino Mints (from @Skiball) this week, as well as nine more WR (and some Deep Chunk from @lefthandseeds, a bunch more Mother’s Milk from @OleReynard and some Wild Canadian Sativa from @MomOnTheRun).

Still just the one WR (screwdriver) above ground but no need for more crosses. Once I got G13HP88 in seed, the excitement of my deep dive-mix project fell off. That was the impetus for the WR. Anyway I will be up to my ears very soon.

7 Likes

Mmmm…rhino mints:). Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Day 20.

7 Likes

5 Likes

One White Rhino does not object to my prying her (?) hoodie off with a bent screwdriver. Not exactly thriving, but surviving.

6 Likes

Four, selected from 50 (front clear cup) for broad leaves. Was also looking for fat stems but no luck.

7 Likes

Gonna practice seed cracking. It feels cruel. Not happy about it but gonna do it anyway.

7 Likes

Wild Canadian Sativa courtesy of @MomOnTheRun.
After three days in water I took these out and rinsed them with H2O2. Then I pushed them around between my teeth. Dipped them again, and dropped them in dirt.
2/5, both slow to develop. This is not how I imagined a scrappy surviver would germinate. I remain curious.

7 Likes

I was told that they were not stored well which explained the poor germination rates of 1 in 5 seeds. In my care, they went into my crisper drawer in the fridge then sent directly to you in winter…hopefully, they do better for you :wink:

3 Likes

You certainly warned me when you confirmed that I wanted them. The remaining seeds are in my crisper.
If they come up they are going to be in very good company.

2 Likes

Sometimes seeds where the embryo sac has a change to dry onto the seedling can run into issues, but nothing a quick spritz of some water to soften it up and coming back a min later to gently pluck it off.

I’ve personally have had seedlings strangled, and or the cotyledons or first leaves damaged to the point that they didn’t make it due to dried stuck on embryo sacs.

5 Likes

I suspect I err on the other side. Prying hats off and then scraping the “veil” with my fingernail. It does register, in the underutilized, logical part of my brain, that nature probably knows about this and does it for a reason.
Rescue too many seedlings and I will be breeding plants that need rescue.

@Mr.Sparkle, thank you for “embryo sac”. Thats a phrase I should know.

4 Likes

Nice looking grow! I too suffer from a desire to see all of them make it and keep some around that shouldn’t.

1 Like