A glimpse into my garage

I have two, a lizard warmer (under the 6 listed seedlings) and a full size mat, currently half under the CGxPR, 1/4 under dirt with likely dead WR seeds in it and 1/4 under a cup with H2O2/H20 and 6 lightly sanded WR seeds. I have a few more frozen but if these don’t pop I may switch to plan ‘B’.

1 Like

id say too early to tell any phenos, especially is just going by stretch cause thats more environmentally induced, just like the seedling pics from 4 days ago of them throwing out the air root fuzzy’s, cause the humidity is high enough that it allows them to do that.

2 Likes

Yes, @Mr.Sparkle. Too early. I picked qualities specifically for their early ID’ability and uncommon presentation. I have started about 100 CGxPR and only one has had the fat stem, indica leaf and a deep green (Nitrogen heavy green but neither needy nor fragile when fed). It is strong and thriving in flower but I don’t know if the one clone is going to make it.

I came to wish my Jungle Spice start was done this way. But I staggered it and now the plants are indeterminate weeks apart in age.

I am mostly practicing. Someday I may want to do this with other valuable seeds.

1 Like

yeah when picking from 100 you can definitely sort out the weekling and see some traits, like with my DD Dark sparks, the mutants are obvious, and you can see the purple leaning ones early

4 Likes

Such an amazing read thanks for the peek into your garage so much going on

1 Like

Aaahhhh The Dark Devil! Stoney Auto Masterpiece. Hope you’re doing well @Mr.Sparkle!

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Give those little seedlings a minute to catch up with their roots and then watch the traits emerge as they start to grow. You’ll find many different combinations with that many plants.

Heating mats are a good idea when it gets cold. If you end up getting one without a thermostat, no worries, it will raise the temp about 10° above ambient… you wanna keep those roots comfy.

After you pick your plants, what are your plans for the rest of those seedlings? Just curious… from one plant guy to another.

3 Likes

They are on heated mats, inside my house. Temp is decent if not quite 80°s.

I anticipate I will recognise the traits I want by the 1st multi-lobed leaves. I don’t plan to grow any but the wide leaf pheno out. I have several of this cohort (Korin Spawn/too) and the parent, Korin’s sister Laura, one in flower and one preggers with 3 Jungle Spice Phenos.

I would be fine if it didn’t show. I have more plants than I want ATM. I can try again some other time. The joys of having thousands of S1s I can’t give away. How cool would it be to be able to do this with stable genetics. Soon.

I have in my yard a small mound called Wintergarden Cemetery. Failing, failed and culled plants go there, in dirt, to see the sun before they die. In the future, I hope to find a strain that can handle the mostly mild Oregon winter. I have a breeding candidate, a wild Canadian Sativa MotR sent.

I am sentimental. I need practice killing mercilessly. Perhaps I should eat them.

3 Likes

WTF. This is a clone of Laura CGxPR. I have no idea where the little sprout at her feet came from.

6 Likes

Maybe a branch node that was clipped and then put below ground level?

2 Likes

being a clone thats what id presume

1 Like

I was referring to the tiny sprout at the bottom. Had cotyledon. I pulled it. Along with this crew!

I had too many.

Edit: Gonna call this soak day for the Deep Chunk and MM2 cohorts.

7 Likes

White Rhino, aka Medicine Man. Was definitely warned about the seeds age when they were gifted to me.
This last, after two days of watching it sit there red-eyed and running out of energy…

I stuck this between the leaves

2 Likes

Actually turning into a curious project!

7 Likes

Very Kool bro.
Vcxzdfghjllpiuytr

1 Like

Clockwise from 12.
Afghan Haze
Afghan Haze
Mother’s Milk
Mother’s Milk
Oregon Huckleberry
Oregon Huckleberry

In the center, there’s a clone of the Red Thai. I’m waiting for it to form a new growth head before I put the prime in the flower tent.

10 Likes

Good day brother Allora:)

Just remembered that the medicine man aka white rhino beans…were from a winter clearance auction.

The clearance packs are seeds that were rejected from retail packs…but are still considered viable.

Reasons for rejection…cosmetic, not completely mature, size.

So…although they were viable when purchased around December of 2016…IME viability usually declines faster with less than mature seeds.

My bad! If you’d like any of the crosses that were made with the white rhino they’re yours. I’d pass you more WR beans but that was the last of them for now.

Hope your day is good:)

2 Likes

@almostdone, You warned me when you passed them my way. Your generosity is unmatched.

I dropped a few Rhino Mints (from @Skiball) this week, as well as nine more WR (and some Deep Chunk from @lefthandseeds, a bunch more Mother’s Milk from @OleReynard and some Wild Canadian Sativa from @MomOnTheRun).

Still just the one WR (screwdriver) above ground but no need for more crosses. Once I got G13HP88 in seed, the excitement of my deep dive-mix project fell off. That was the impetus for the WR. Anyway I will be up to my ears very soon.

7 Likes

Mmmm…rhino mints:). Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Day 20.

7 Likes