A greybeards first indoor in a quarter century

Good evening cannabis colleagues.

Sarting my first indoor in a loooong time.

The Setup:

Media: Foxfarm Ocean Forest innoculated with Myco Supreme.
Containers: 5 and 3 gallon fabric
Nutes: Advanced pH perfect Trio
Additives: Superthrive, Fish Shit, Earth Juice Microblast. Fox Farm CalMag, Microbe, Kelp Me Kelp You and Earth Juice Hi-Brix.

Tent: Gorilla 4 x 4 x 6
Light: HLG 550 V2 ECO 3000k
Vivosun humidifier
AC Infinity T6 with Pro Controller and two Infinity Fans.
Fixed 6 in fan.
Exhale 365 CO2 bag

Strains:
3 Putang S1 (MMS)
3 Gelato OG ( Cream Genetics Gelato OG = Gelato x Harcore OG )
1 Archive Expedition Original Diesel x Do Si Dos
1 No.2 by Hyp3rids

Clockwise from 12 o’clock
Gelato OG #1
Archive Diesel x Do Si Dos
Putang # 1 (Stumpy Pheno)
Gelato OG #2
Putang #2
Gelato OG #3
Hyp3rids No.2
PuTang #3

The R2D2 looking thing in the center is a heater. I am set up in the basement of an old New England home with field stone cellar walls and it is still pretty chilly.

37 Likes

Keep the floor / roots warm for best results in that environment from what I have seen. Glad to see you growing again welcome back to the party

7 Likes

Welcome back to the growing world @Vomact
I know you said it’s been a bit since you’ve grown, the one thing I would suggest, ditch the Exhale bags, you’ll get more Co2 by breathing in your tent than those will produce. Save your hard earned money and spend it on something else that WILL help your grow.
Good luck, and hope the new crop turns out awesome.

8 Likes

NIce setup @Vomact!

New England is finally starting to warm up, great time to get back in the Game.

Best of luck with your grow.

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

6 Likes

i read the title and thought that it sounded like me but i didn’t recall setting it all up yet and i grow in hydro. anyway, get a 2l bottle and put some vinegar in it and when the lights come on, put some baking soda in it and put a balloon with a small hole in it over the top. poor man’s co2 generator. you only need it when the lights are on so it’s perfect to let you refill it. you can dial in how much of each ingredient to use so it lasts the entire light cycle,

4 Likes

Hi.

Thanks for your reply @Kgrim. I know it is kind of a stretch for these bags but it is something of an experiment. It didn’t cost me anything as several bags were ‘tossed in’ when I purchased my grow setup. Figured it couldn’t hurt to try one out.

8 Likes

Hi.

Good morning.

That’s the plan @Skunkhunt101. So far the girls seem to be liking the environment

5 Likes

Starting to warm up indeed @GrouchyOldMan. Hopefully it will get warm enough soon enough so that I can move the Gelato’s out into the great outdoors. The plan was to give them a head start in the tent and then get them outdoors.

5 Likes

@Vomact At least they were free. There has been numerous studies done on said bags, and the consensus is, that you get more Co2 just by breathing in your tent. I had a friend swear by them until I took a meter over and showed him 1st hand that they aren’t pumping out the ppm they claim they are. His dog laying on the floor produced more in 5 minutes than the bag did in 24 hours. I would hate to see you waste good money on something that really isn’t a help in your grow space.

8 Likes

The tent is looking good @Vomact . It looks like your set for success! Here’s to a smooth and easy run!:beers::grin:

5 Likes

Hey Vomact, nice set up!! I’m smoking on some SAWA Natty, and SAWA from Hyp3rids, I finished out a while back now. Have a great run and enjoy the ride! All the best, webe

3 Likes

Hi.

Awesome @webeblzr!

I too have Sawa, as well as the No.2, and I will be running those at some time in the future. I also received “The Mumbles” and “Sunday Best” as freebies and I am looking forward to those as well.

So many strains, so little time…

I’m also looking closely at Hyp3rids’ Long Island Haze and I am thinking of adding it to the stable as well.

Best of luck in your gardening adventures!

Vomact

3 Likes

That’s my plan too, I have some left over “FrankenMonsters” that I’d like to see blue sky!

FWIW, we will be past the last frost and have 14 hours of daylight come May first!

3 Likes

Thanks @sfzombie13. I will perhaps give it a try on some future run. Thank you for the info!

3 Likes

Nice lineup and clean setup you got going there. Best of luck with your run.

2 Likes

Thanks! Coming from someone of your stature here it means a lot. I would like to think I put some reasoned consideration into the build. Things are so much easier now than they were 25 years ago when you had to coble a system together from scratch…now you just cruise the web, do some reading and some research and “boom” you can build a really decent grow op almost instanter for reasonable money. I hope that you would pull up a chair and follow along on my future explorations!

1 Like

Definitely pulling up a chair to watch your grow. I have to agree, things have changed a great deal. I live in Canada where it’s legal both medically and recreationally. Not something I ever figured I would see.

3 Likes

Same here. I live in Massachusetts and cannabis is legal both medically and recreationally. It is liberating. As long as your plants are ‘secured’ and not visible to the neighbors or passers by you are good to go. It opens the door to the fascinating (and fun) exploration of this wonderful plant.

6 Likes

We are legal med/rec here in Michigan also, with about the same rules. The police now turn a blind eye to growing, we are supposed to have crops fenced in, out of public view, yada yada yada. But they don’t even care, since it’s only a minor fine. They no longer make money on marijuana enforcement, so they pretty much don’t mess with it anymore. I haven’t had my crops fenced in since they turned med and the police have seen it more than once, and just don’t want to deal with the minuscule fine and paperwork.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the cultivation scene my friend, looking forward to watching your journey! Definitely off to a great start with good equipment and genetics. Any questions don’t hesitate to ask there’s a stellar group of growers/breeders here that can help tremendously when needed.

5 Likes