A series of possible fortunate events

That’s awesome! I would love to use some of those flakes, and maybe even make a rub/sauce to send back with a lower heat level for you to enjoy as well.
While I havent been nose deep in growing food, I’ve been in the industry of cooking/serving for a long time and it’s not only a job but a passion . Growing my own to go with that passion ( kinda like why we’re all here ) just seems right .
When I first started growing I had nothing to compare the grow with on terms of gardening so I’m hoping this opens my eyes, and possibly doors to infused rubs and sauces .

2 Likes

Ive been wanting to create my own rub for some years. I’ve read that if you make your own, from fresh herbs and spices, it is way better than store bought. My BBQ turns out pretty good already, so making my own may be dangerous :joy:

Always be nice to people that serve you food. I refuse to go eat with people that are jerks to them.

1 Like

Oh yeah man when you use fresh and do it yourself there’s no comparison if you know what your doing . I make my own seasoned salt as well I could shoot you some recipies if you’re interested. I’ve been a chef for a little over 10 years now, while I dont have very much experience in actually being a server, I know what it’s like for people to come in and treat their server like shit . I wont go out with those people either . I tip nice and I clean up after myself. even if service isnt phenomenal I understand they’re making 5 bucks an hour trying to survive. Everyone has bad days . As long as you dont spill hot coffee on my face we cool lmao

I’m totally interested in recipes bro. I’m always looking to up my smoking game. Not drinking has helped alot! :joy:

1 Like

Bet, I’m at work now but when I get home I’ll grab my book and shoot you some stuff

1 Like

So the JOTI group buy got to big and I guess it’s going nowhere now. I’m definitely interested in grabbing a few of their strains, I dont wanna make a separate post about it and have it turn out the same way sooo…

For those following this journal, and anyone who might see this specific post… I have 2 people already wanting to go in on a group buy . If anyone is interested we could set up a group message? ( can you do that here? ) and get a smaller one going

I’ve only heard good things about them, and I definitely want to try out a few different strains of theirs but in no way do I need 36 seeds just to try 3 different strains. So even if theres only 4 of us we could get 4 different strains and split them up so we all get a taste. Idk just a thought I had.

It should give you the option on pm to add a user.

It’s been about a week since our last real update . Now three weeks in the regular feeding schedule starts.
Mother earth calls for once a week but since I’m adding more to that I’m gonna go once every 10-14 days . I gave both the blue cindy and the wedding cake half strength grow and watered with emerald harvest cal mag which also has nitrogen at 2-0-0 but I just went 1/4th strength with that. I also added half strength honey comb , trinity, and fish shit . This is the real test now to gauge feedings.

After top dress and water
Wedding cake

Blue cindy

The WC is actually growing at a faster rate now that it pushed those mutant leafs out. The BC is starting to push its next set out. Shes supposed to be more of a slow small grower anyways.

The other Afghan kush seed I started germinated. I put her in a rapid rooter and both seedlings into my make shift clone/seedling box.

I still need a timer, a black out curtain, and my flower light . I’m ordering the light tomorrow. With christmas shopping though the timer is gonna have to wait .
Cheers!

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger on the light . It got shipped out today, hopefully I’ll have it by the start of next week.
240w Samsung lm301h diodes with epistar 660nm far red and UV/IR. For only $180 shipped.
Cant believe I didnt know about kingbrite sooner. Could’ve saved hundreds on my previously owned quantum boards. Oh well, live and learn.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think I’m gonna lose a seedling. She just wasnt meant to be. However the other Afghan kush is starting to show sprout. I’m gonna keep the damping one for another day or 2 to be sure.

The wedding cake has pushed out its second set and is working on its third already after just 2 days. I’m glad we’re finally hitting that veg stride .

The blue cindy, not so much . Hasnt grown much in height and is taking her time on that second set.

I started watering in full, gave them some run off today. The WC slumped for like 10 minutes then perked right back up.
I fed them roots accelerator gold and amino treatment from house and gardens, adding silica first of course. They’ve been recieving the same feedings each time, no signs of stress on the leaves but I’m wondering if I need to up the blue cindy to a higher dose . I’ll ponder over that until next weeks feed.
Also got a timer so that’s exciting lol. Once my light gets here I’ll figure out a way to hang my exhaust fan . I’m kinda stuck on where to hang it and where to lead the duct. Or if I should leave the fan outside and pull duct inside . Thoughts ?

3 Likes

I like the fan inside the tent. It’s quieter and is less intrusive on the outside area. Plus, it makes it easier to set up a filter and pre filter if you need one of those.

Having said that, I don’t have room in my 2x4, so my fan is outside of my tent. Sometimes it is whatever works for you. Depending on how high you forsee having to raise your light, you may need the extra height if they can’t fit side by side.

See I usually went the opposite way with a tent. Fan outside , duct leading to the filter inside. I just dont have a filter now, might grab one later but idk it’s a toss up. In my mind putting the fan outside the spot and pulling duct in would create more pull but that could just be my brain saying something without backup lol.
I was looking at the AC infinity CPU fans last night. Might grab 2, put one in my clone box and another right above my light when it gets here, at that point I’d run duct inside and just hover it over that fan. I’m gonna play around with a few ideas before setting anything up. Since I’m using a room and not a tent moving stuff around is a bigger pain. Everything’s screwed into the ceiling or wall lol @Badger

1 Like

That would work great since you can put a pre-filter on.

The ac infinity fans are legit man. My brother in law wants to create a vortex with them inside the flower tent.

That’s what I kept hearing. Then I was lurking through @Tappy journal and saw the 2 in the flower closet so I got interested and looked. The 80mm one comes in a pack of 2 for 14 bucks. Cant beat that. I almost bought them last night but I have one more christmas gift to get before I’m free from this fuckery lmao

1 Like

Tossed the first AK due to damping off. No worries, the second one sprouted faster anyways, which is surprising since it took 6 days to show taproot .

Happy holidays everyone, I know these can be tough times for some so if anyone needs some company ( over messenger lol ) hit me up. I’m always cool for any kind of conversation

3 Likes

Merry christmas everyone! I got most of my family stuf done yesterday, so its chill day for me. Knowing my light is still on the other side of the world sucks but at least it’s on the way. I’m excited , my plants dont know it yet but they are to lol.

I noticed the wedding cake Is more pale green then the blue cindy, so I added green goddess and a nitrogen boost to her water today . Im getting ready to top her when that next node comes in .

The blue cindy finally got that next set of leaves out lol. They pray pretty hard . Shes still under 3 inches in height. Honestly if she doent pick up in the next week I might toss her, idk.

No update for the afghan Kush. Still just colytedons. I’m probably gonna give (it? I think it’s a regular seed but I’m not sure ) roots accelerator in the next few days.

So I got a lowes gift card for a little over 300 for christmas . After I get the shower done and a set up for the tub I think I might try a run at dwc. The only question I have is… how should you go about changing the res if its just a single bucket grow? Take the top off with the net pot and just sit it somewhere ? I’ll put in some research but if anyone has tips let me know!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas.

I’ve heard several people say that runts can turn out very nice. May want to give it a chance.

1 Like

Thanks man, Its nice always nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Yeah I’ve seen some runts take off for sure,its just odd she started off fast then stalled. The info on the strain says it’s an indica growing plant that doesnt get very big but if things stay this way, not very big is an understatement lol. I’ll give her a few weeks. It’s been a month already

1 Like

Wow, I’d be probably past tempted at that point if everything else is ok

1 Like