A Shadey spot to paint

A little update on the painting. Not done much this week mostly last week. Been tiling the new bathroom and re plumbing the house.

Cut my black areas in the negative stencil and sprayed in my blacks, and added the Poster text.

Painted out the poster text as it was too small lol. Joined up the dots and lines free hand and got my base colours in.

Added the lilac highlights, and dark grey shadows, then finished off the detail on the wires and sinews

Increased the purple on the shading and tightened up he detail, got my text in at the right size, then added the personā€™s name who is getting the picture to personalize it.

Now to move onto the street sign and then the background behind Eddie, perspective is everything here. :worried:

6 Likes

Its finished at last, man that was hard work all the straight lines going in different directions messed my head up lol. Took twice as long as anticipated due to so much detail. I wasnā€™t going to do the whole pic just the main character and leave out what was to the left of Eddie, but where I placed him allowed to have more pic so I did it all.

Hereā€™s the full reference.

Not quite exactly the same, left out a couple of things, and its at a slightly different perspective and height as there was not enough room to do it the same as the original.

Full picture.

Close ups of different parts so the detail can be seen.

8 Likes

Dam you do nice work.

3 Likes

Cheers man :+1: I just have to get a decent outside pic, inside pics are either to dark without the flash or over exposed with it on. Probably one of the most complicated pics I have ever painted, it certainly stretched my capabilities with shaky hands and all the fine lines everywhere lol didnā€™t think I would get it finished in time for delivery before Christmas.

3 Likes

Outside pic in the sunshine makes all the difference.

7 Likes

WE NEED AN OG VAN AND YOU NEED TO :broccoli: WIZARD THE FUCK OUT OF IT @Shadey !!!

2 Likes

Always wanted to do a big vehicle, I got a couple of requests for quotes on trucks but I never had a big enough paint booth for anything bigger than a motorcycle :pensive:

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s great Shadey!

I can paint a room pretty good but thatā€™s about it. :slight_smile:

My 12yo granddaughter is quite the budding artist and is getting into sewing and making clothes for her dolls and stuffed animals. She has a little toy drawing tablet but as I was sending a chromebook a friend gave us out on Monday Iā€™m getting a nice drawing tablet thatā€™s compatible from amazon for her. Her big brother in grade 9 now is doing really well in school but could really use a laptop for his schoolwork so busy at BestBuy finding him one. Just something basic as he has a playstation or something for gaming.

Thatā€™s the only Xmas presents I have to get so rather than toys get them something that they can use to further their futures.

:peace:

2 Likes

Thanks bud :+1:

Those drawing tablets have come down in price dramatically over the last 5 years. I bought one that connected to my PC back in the win XP days, cost me nearly 800 bucks and was glitchy as hell. It was mainly the pen technology that was crap. I have a Samsung tablet with pen now, and that makes life much easier to use the tablet especially for typing. It also has a drawing and writing app for jotting down notes which is useful.

The cheap laptops these days I find are not good if they develop hardware problems, everything is built into the motherboards so you basically have to throw them away as itā€™s more exspensive trying to get someone to fix it than buy a new one. My bro in law has to buy a new one every couple of years because something starts to fail.

1 Like

lol. This will help more than a tablet or laptop tbhā€¦

4 Likes

sewing clothes for dolls. if she is doing that she may love a Silhouette cutter Silhouette Portrait 3 Electronic Cutting Tool clean little looking model. well priced. lot of youtube videos on the machine and how people are using it, even starting all kinds of businesses with them. cards, minutures. ex. ( she would probably go nuts for it when she sees all it can do.)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I figure too but he needs something and itā€™ll do for now. Iā€™ll be talking to him and make sure he knows to back up his stuff so if the lappy dies heā€™s still got his work.

Itā€™s an ASUS with a little 256G SSD and 8G DDR4 ram and they donā€™t fail all that often. I added a wireless Logitech mouse for another $30. Hate them trackpads.

Forgot about all the taxes in BC. Not used to seeing that when I order stuff to my place in AB.

This is the drawing tablet I got for her. I donā€™t know shit about them but can she draw on it without it being hooked up to the Chromebook laptop Iā€™m sending from here in case itā€™s a bit late?

I think it might be a bit advanced for a 12yo but her brother can probably help her get it going. Sheā€™s pretty smart too. Runs in the family. :wink:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09H71P7QK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I want to try to find some free graphics software for the ChromeBook and have that installed on it. I need to download the instruction manual for the tablet and the laptop so I can give them email or phone support. Not sure how computer literate their folks are.

4 Likes

These guys are pretty much city folk and will have to rely on emergency services to save their sorry asses if the shit hits the fan. :wink:

I was going to go out in Oct but the wife got pretty ill and no way I could go. Either next fall or whenever. When I was over there I showed them some pics of the cabin and they thought it was great and have never been to a place like that. The timing will depend on when the dad can get time off work. Iā€™d like to go for at least a few days. Teach the kids and the old man to fish, chop kindling, split wood etc.

CabinWestEndOfLake01

5 Likes

From the description.

How does the Artist 12 (2nd Gen) drawing tablet work?

XP-PEN Artist 12 (2nd Gen) is not the standalone product. It must be connected to a PC/Laptop/Android device to work.

• Wide Compatibility & Application: The pen display supports Windows 7/8/10/11, Mac OS X 10.10 (or later), Chrome OS 88 (or later), and Linux, Android (USB3.1 DP1.2). It is also compatible with popular digital art software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI, CDR, GIMP, Krita, MediBang, FireAlpaca, and Blender 3D. Wondelful tool for kids, artist, photographers, illustrators, painters, and designers to optimize your workflow.

• Light-Hearted Set & Use: XP-PEN drawing tablet can be easily connected with the convenient USB-C cable, compatible with Chromebook, Mac, Windows, Android, Linux, and most of the design software such as PS, AI, SAI, CDR, GIMP, Krita, CLIP STUDIO PAINT, MediBang, Fire Alpaca, Blender 3D, OpenCanvas, CAD, etc.

It can connect to a phone though.

One of the comments said, you need to get a USB C cable as it doesnā€™t come with it.

The only free software I see in the list I know about is Gimp.

Looks good though for the money.

2 Likes

I finally got the Chromebook and other goodies sent off yesterday and theyā€™ve received the tablet and laptop already at their house. I picked up a C - C USB cable in town and tossed it in the box before sealing it up.

They actually have a free graphic program at the website tho not sure if that works for Chrome OS but weā€™ll find something. They have a couple of older daughters good with computers that can help set things up too.

A lot better than the cards and $50 visa gift cards I sent them last year. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s quick, I think the software should work for Chrome as itā€™s on their compatability list for the tablet. I still use the program I got with mine that was built for win 95, itā€™s a bit glitchy on win 7 but itā€™s got some handy little features on it I use for making stencils and save on printing ink.

I think it is definitely vastly better than a gift card, youā€™ll be their favorite grandfather now lol.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t find drivers for Chrome OS on their website so sent an email about that and got a reply the next day saying itā€™s plug and play with Chrome. Drivers are needed for Win, Mac and Linux tho and those are at the site.

Iā€™m not sure how much contact they have with their other grandparents especially my ex who they went out to NB to visit a couple years ago. The adoption still hasnā€™t gone thru due to the indigenous involvement. They wanted the kids to go to a relative that lives an indigenous lifestyle and are still pushing for that. These kids have been raised by the same couple since they were babies and to move them now is ridiculous imo. Would be no better than stuff like the 60s scoop where native kids were removed from their parents and raised by whites.

Iā€™m hoping to have some kind of positive relationship with the kids. The parents donā€™t have a lot of money to spare for stuff like I sent and I wanted them to have something that may aid in their scholastic and creative futures. Hard to figure out what kids like these days but useful gadgets are usually welcomed.

3 Likes

mnb
Merry Christmas folks

4 Likes

Cheers @STIGGY Merry Christmas to you too buddy :+1:

2 Likes

XmasCard

4 Likes