A Sunshine Daydream Project

@PatHealy Thanks man. I’m getting pretty anxious. I just tossed a couple crema cubes in there too. They’re one week into flower :+1:Another one I’m pretty stoked about.

2 Likes

Oohhhhh, nice!! Best of luck with those!! Fingers crossed you find something nice in them.

2 Likes

I can always send ya snips of mine if you’re in the States, and/or some bx1 beans :yum:

14 Likes

Ohhhh, nice!! I am in the states too…

3 Likes

And there goes that… Lost all to PM. I didn’t check em in a week or so while feeding. It’s all up in the sugar leaves. I think it’s all garbage now. I’m so aggravated. I’ve never had a grow I didn’t have pm, and these were treated with sulfer spray twice

4 Likes

Dang, I’m not liking that :frowning: You may be able to at least wash the least effected buds?

When you are over this, how did you apply the sulfur? I haven’t seen it not work… but there’s always a first… dang :frowning:

@JoeCrowe could it be downy mildew?

7 Likes

I’l look into it. The time frame seems… strange? Nothing on the plants 3 days ago then suddenly they are all white? Doesn’t sound right.

4 Likes

I used 3 tablespoons of the powder and tossed it in my 1 gallon sprayer. Did it before I removed from veg, then once just about a week in the flower tent. Not even really seeing big spots on the leaves, it’s been hitting my sugar leaves hard

3 Likes

Can you show some closeups?

Even though @JoeCrowe 's recipe calls for 4TBS/Gallon, and 2 weeks between sprays… I think it should have worked if you had a soaking spray down.

I am bummed for you :frowning:

6 Likes

Man really sorry, my 2nd run I ditched over 1lb due to some unknown mold/fungi issue. I feel your pain man.

You mentioned you get PM every run? Have you looked into running a Ozone generator or something to nuke your entire home? Bleach everything, replace all the furnace/vent intake filters. Perhaps a HEPA filter with a UV bulb in the grow room as well?

Whatever you do, never give up homie :100: :metal:

6 Likes

@Puffalo for every problem there’s a solution, and usually the simplest one is the best.

Just lowering humidity would make a big difference.
Better to have too dry air than too humid!
Do you measure humidity?
Do you have exhaust ventilation?
Do you have decent ventilation in the room?
I see space for a dehumidifier in your tent.

We got your back homie, a whole bunch of brains to think with you.

8 Likes

I’ve run something SSDD every grow for the past 1.5 years. Probably about 30 beans, and I’ve had a wide range of plant types and smells, but most of them have not done well in stress testing when it comes to mold. I’ve also noticed that bugs seems to almost prefer them. Sorry to see what happened to yours :-1:

5 Likes

Well, I was able to cut the worst out and still harvested a good amount.

To answer some questions

For some reason the back of my house is always high in humidity and I’m not sure if it’s because it’s shaded by a gang of trees or, the actual house has a moisture issue. This entire grow, I had 24/7 exhaust to outside, and an AC unit in the window. I rent and have an issue with amperage because it’s an old home, so I can only run the ac or a dehumidifier in that area…with everything else. I run my lights at night to help with the humidity issue, but it’s been really wet outside all summer here, so is my daytime ac not removing enough maybe? I really haven’t noticed anything above 65 when I check the high for the day in there.

I have a buddy with an ozone machine that I might try.

3 Likes

AC inherently removes moisture, but it does not make a great dehumidifier. In your situation it’s a tough call because you need to keep temps down, but you also need to remove the additional moisture that comes with growing and transpiration. It’s really not my intent to sound like Captain Obvious, but I see this all the time both here on the board and the couple of friends I have that grow. Your environment is one of the single most important variables you need to dial in before growing. I do understand that everyone’s situation is different in terms of electricity costs, old homes, budgets, etc., but I can’t imagine throwing away perfectly good bud because my environment isn’t right. You can grow Mexican dirt weed seed and you’ll have bud that will get you high if your environment is dialed in.

2 Likes

There’s passive dehumidifiers as well.
I’ve seen someone talk on here about a DIY method with salt in a sieve over a bucket or something.

Alternatively, grow cultivars that are known to be resistant.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same pheno. I just got four cuts to root. 2 were very upset they weren’t the best contenders but I said what the hell and put them in cubes.

I’ve got the mother flowering right now, it’s like jones- blueberry soda pop type of nose. Almost some chamomile at the very lower notes. It’s a very interesting pheno.

How was the high if you remember ? I’m hoping this is the one cut that I keep forever.

4 Likes

Yeah mine were fairly sweet smelling. It’s a super mellow buzz, and I’m pretty sure you’re gonna like it. It didn’t crush me, but made me feel really nice.

2 Likes

My First use of the Sulphur spray from 90%+ Pellets, saw me under-mix the ratio’s.

Thats how my 1st application last Summer, left the door open to WPM. Kind of chased-it afterwards.

My June applications will be dialed-in this season.

for the record, here is @JoeCrowe’s recipe. Good Luck @Puffalo

2 Likes

Grab a 2019 DOE Standard 50-pint or better as a dehumidifier (equal to the old 2012 DOE standard 70-pint.) Afterwards clear all of your plants out for a month and then clean your area and remove any and all traces of plant material. When you resume make sure your plants get ample amounts of air going not only on the top of the plants but at the base/middle of it as well. That alongside the dehumidifier, cleaning/waiting should take care of it. If you’re running tents you can always cut up one of those high merv furnace filters and duct tape it on your vents if you don’t want to run a separate intake w/ a hepa + inline fan. Those 50 pint 2019 doe standard dehumidifiers are tanks realistically you’d only need 1-2 max in an extremely large grow area.

I’d just put everything into veg and do a sulphur burn 3 days apart. No need to loose all your plants then just keep your humidity in check and you should be good.

3 Likes