A warm welcome to our newest breeder đŸ’„

I will always be suspect of people popping up out of the blue with a heap of classic strains, especially when they are long flowering. I’m calling bullshit.

Only place I’ve ever seen lambsbread change hands is on OG, for free, as was always intended.

4 Likes

Ive followed exotic alchemy since 2017 on instagram. Very transparent and has many legit breeders that follow him. This is funny to read

14 Likes

far from out of the blue. Just need to be in the know

7 Likes

People like to complain about everything these days. You don’t like it don’t buy it simple as that. Exotic Alchemy has been around for years and GLG is hands down the best seedbank in the world in my honest opinion. And who said Lambsbread was to be given out for free?

11 Likes

Hes been working with lambs bread for a while now, at least since 2019. This thread is not very OG like at all.

10 Likes

He mentioned the tradeoff for listing that jagoffs gear is he gets to use it in the freebies he hands out. Not a bad deal if you ask me, I just wasn’t aware. Those genetics are legit, fangs just a (imo) greedy dipshit. Let Jeff list him and use his work for the people on the back end.

3 Likes

After all, if it benefits the freebies for all, why not? It’s not like anybody is gonna buy fangs overpriced work unless they really have money to burn.

7 Likes

As said earlier, It is important to get provenance with landraces. I won’t support someone that doesn’t even include a description. Plus lambsbread should be free and most of these landraces can be had for cheaper than listed by this breeder.

I don’t think it is fair to criticize the seed bank. They’ve had people like “Sunshine daydream genetics” for a min. These copycats are nothing new but compare GLG to something like Attitude Seedbank and all these criticisms are ridiculous. People just unhappy with the game as a whole and maybe their own lives instead of GLG I think here.

10 Likes

Ive reached out in instagram. He will answer anything wanted to know

6 Likes

Didn’t sunshine daydream genetics get permission from bodhi?

I could be mistaken

2 Likes

They should be called Coat Tail Genetics but this is no place for that discussion. It just upsets me that people can’t find their own lane.

3 Likes

Why are people getting bent because a guy has been preserving heirloom and landrace for years and got put on by a seed bank? Yes, lets all stay in our own lanes shall we?

14 Likes

Yeah this is ultimately good for people like us. Gotta see the forest through the trees here.

6 Likes

Yo, i still love you @Great_lakes_Genetics.
Killer deal and a killer selection.

9 Likes

Shoutout to @Great_lakes_Genetics for never letting me down! I’ve always had the best experiences with them and they’ve been a great resource for many years. It’s up to the individual to decide what to buy and what breeders to support. GLG has given many seed makers a platform to sell their merchandise they might not have had otherwise

13 Likes

I ordered from GLG recently and received my package within a few days with a free coozi.

6 Likes

I really didn’t mean to steer the thread in this direction, sorry for that. However, I do feel like my points of critique are valid, and I think that from a business and economics perspective, it makes sense to be as open and transparent as possible on your official product pages. Not only to build respect and trust from potential customers, but also to stand out from the crowd, as providing close to zero provenance or data has become the norm, by doing a bit more you will stand out as a breeder.

And I do not mean the occasional post and response on Insta, I mean the official product description, photos, test results, observed phenotypic variation, breeding and generation history, etc, on the pages where you actually buy the seeds.

If I just look at the breeders of my favorite seed shop; there are 125 breeders, it is unreasonable to expect one to look up the Insta post history for “Breeder X” 125 times, just to find out who is legit or not. On top of that you must be willing to use Instagram in the first place (which many people don’t, me included).

Please dont see this opinion as a personal attack on your business, but as a critique of the seed business as a whole.

Cheers
eS

4 Likes

The utopia you’re describing doesn’t exist. This is still technically illegal, and has only been legal for a few years. The seed business isn’t exactly a million dollar game here either, so how can you expect a 35 page briefing for a $40 pack of seeds? As others have said, Exotic Alchemy has given out a ton of free seeds and preserved a bunch of great heirlooms just like all of your other favorite breeders, but unlike TLT and other bad actors, the dude will give you all the information you need including where they were sourced and likely even send you free seeds if you reach out. It’s lame to shit on someone’s seedbank that has nothing but good reviews and someone else’s seed offerings just because they didn’t write a novel about each seed they preserved and you didn’t do any research. Show me one seedbank where they provide the wealth of information for each strain that you’re faulting GLG for.

Nothing personal here, but before everyone piles on to take someone’s dinner from them, take a few minutes to understand what’s actually going on. We need to put down and get rid of bad actors like TLT who exploit people for profit, and by ignorantly punishing the good actors, you lose the plot.

Exotic Alchemy has been at this a long time and has made a lot of friends, we should be supporting and raising each other up, not taking any opportunity to tear people down when they’re doing the Lord’s work.

17 Likes

Personally I’m excited to add a few of these glass chillums to my collection along with the seeds :smiley:

:peace_symbol: :frog:

6 Likes

I think we are misunderstanding eachother, first of:

I don’t know if you are specifically referring to the USA scene, which I dont know much about, but in EU I see quite alot of companies that do release test results of their strains, give some provedence, and add pictures of the plant they are selling. There are ofcourse many bad actors as well. So perhaps I live in Utopia, but its out there.

No harm was meant, the opposite in fact. All I am trying to say, is I would be more likely to buy one of their products, or a product from any breeder for that matter, if it had some of the information I was referring to.

I am not faulting GLG in specific, it is something I would prefer to see from all breeders, and it is something that influences my purchasing behaviour as a potential customer.

and:

Do they offer this in depth info for all strains? No, but it does make me want to buy this specific strain more.

I do agree with this sentiment, but I don’t feel I am punishing them

It is great that you have first hand experience with him, and are willing to vouch for him so vehemently, he must be doing something right :+1:. Reviews like yours are valuable information to add on the product pages, smoke reviews from trusted sources are always welcome!

Cheers,
eS :tropical_drink:

7 Likes