Acapulco Gold Repro

@lambchopedd - how are they doing?

7 Likes

Glad you asked! @CornbreadJunior Literally just left the tent taking pics. Still not much to update yet. Alternating nodes are a full go, most aren’t sexed yet (I was waiting to post until then), buuuuuut

48 Likes

3 ladies and 2 boys. Nice! Good ratio for beans!

Absolutely possible. Lack of breeding too. Back during the Golden Age the best plants were selected to continue the line. Now the strains have reverted to their wild state, often with cbd, cbg, and other cannabinoids that are not in modern or “worked” strains.
Panama Red is a goldmine of Cannabinoids. That’s what gave the “luxurious” high to the pot. Those that experienced the "speedy"Panama were lucky enough to get a batch of thc dominant cannabis without the other cannabinoids. Generally wilder landrace plants will have 25% thc dominant plants, 50% thc/cbd plants in varied ratios, and 25% cbd dominant plants. Even Thai weed can have cbd. I was shocked when a 1970’s frozen Thai stick was recently thawed out and upon testing was found to have 15% thc and 15% cbd. If you happened to get a thc dominant Thai plant back in the seventies the potential was there ( total cannabinoids) to get a 30% thc plant. Enough to send even the most seasoned 70s Juggernaut up into the stratosphere.

41 Likes

Welll thats true…and you have to understand also that tolerance breaks were forced on us…so a new batch of weed hit town and everybody got off…plus its known if you are used to.smoking one type…let’s say mexican…then when you smoke a whole new profile of cannabinoids and terpenes will hit you in a whole new way even if you.didnt have a tolerance break
Thai.stick was.amazing…but so.was Columbian Red and AFGHAN was a whole new experience…i kept …those seeds for my 18th year hoping to.find a place to.plant discretely

16 Likes

when you look at: where do cbd-cultivars come from. I emideatly think of Aghani, north Indian, and middle East.
Why? There @upstate `s Explonation that it has to do with less Selection, or less accurate Selection makes sense. Afghan peoples selected, but only whole Fields, they kept the seeds of a Field where they got the best hash of it.

Also India has more semi-wild Plants than any other places, also in middle East they did mostly Hash, so probably also a loose selection, your Theory could be true.
Means modern Thai per example might revert back to wild plants, caused by hard probhibition, hence smaller care for Genetics, but i personally dont like make to wild theorys,so, i dont know.

Its hard to find any proove about old Landraces, what happend, if its 50 years since…

6 Likes

looks awesome ! I got some of those to, that being a freebie from Woodstock. Woodstock’s is a reproduction ( he said he used a shorter male and lanky female) of bodhi’s reproduction of liquid kids repro or og stock from greyskull. despite all the reproductions Im sure theres still a good amount of variation. good look with the grow, ill be following

4 Likes

looks great man!! im gonna have to harass you more often for updates!!! i need pics!!
:drooling_face:

4 Likes

i’m running woodstocks as well. i didn’t know this. any other information on these seeds would be awesome. i think out of the 4 i popped i got 4 females. i’m hearing it’s the same for others. i’ve got one mutant and the rest look almost identical. its going to be a great Valentines Day~!

5 Likes

I also got 100% females from woodstock ag. They are definately going to be long floweringim 5-6 weeks in flower n theyre just setting up colas not filling yet.

4 Likes

ya I don’t think theres too much more info on the line. I dug that up from a different forum. if you could contact greyskull since he seems to as the closest to the original source, maybe he could help. he’s probly hard to get a hold of. you could email bodhi and he might know more since he got them from liquid kid.

4 Likes

Pretty common for sativas to have high female ratios, but it’s also pretty common for them to throw a little pollen very late flower, so it’s also possible the seeds are" feminized"( very slight hermie) selfed plants.

16 Likes

Plants from the tropics are used to very short days. Plants from the equator have days within 30 minutes of 12 hours long all year. So what we would consider a flowering cycle, these plants consider just another day. They have learned to flower based on age rather than photoperiod, living a 5 or 6 month life ±. This doesn’t mean they will flower anyway( some will) if given longer daylight times …they will veg indefinitely if you let them. It does mean we can’t speed them up with short days. Some people give the plants.the light cycle they are used to in their home environment, sticking with a flowering light cycle from birth and slowly lessening it by 15 minute intervals every month.

30 Likes

Well well well…. BOY do I have a predicament.

So everything is finally sex’ed. but I just removed three true hermaphrodite plants. What should I do…? Leave them for ”genetic integrity”, or cull them?

21 Likes

IMO you should kill them off. But that’s just my opinion.

10 Likes

Also, I got a new phone today. Here’s some random glamour shots:

(The bent one was intentional; kept growing into the light)

37 Likes

ya man, i’d say cull the heard…

9 Likes

beautiful super sativa long flowering, I admire your courage in making them in the tent. but to answer your question i agree with doug and CornbreadJunior kill the bastards hermie, i think it would only be worth keeping if there were no other males, of course in my opinion.

14 Likes

So since reading this, I was waiting to chime in. Woodstocks AG is 7/8 female

To add to my first comment, Bodhis stock is where the three intersex plants came from — I’m not upset, this was to be expected. Especially if his beans were closer to source.

15 Likes

Agree to cull

3 Likes

Yeah 1 of my 3 throwing couple male flowers. Im just letting them do what they want. Now its just the 3 acapulco in the tent. Southern black bananas got pollenated by ag. Im not putting a lot of faith in the seeds but i will test them to see how unstable they are. They should all be female. My ag seems like its gonna be 15 or so weeks flower. Week 7 or so now n they are nowheres near done. Just setting up long sativa colas

31 Likes