Accidentally Bred Strain

To answer your question, they are 2 separate plants sharing a 5 gallon fabric bucket. 1 became a true male and the other a true female. Waiting to see how much longer these babies need and for seeds to pop. Not much seeds left from the 1st time i accidentally bred them. Will keep you in mind!

1 Like

Your plant looks fantastic!

The cannabis plant is an extremely resilient plant that is able to mend itself quickly. A broken branch or stem is easily repaired to “good as new” status in no time and it won’t take any longer to repair itself than supercropping takes.

If the stems/branches are not completely severed, they may grow back together in a few days, unaided. This is just like supercropping, where branches/stems are squeezed and bent over. They heal rather quickly with little stress done to the plant.

Even if the stems are severed completely in half they could be repaired by the plant in a matter of days.

Putting the stems back on the plant where they broke off and taping or clipping the stems in place is all that’s needed to help the plant grow back together.

Recutting the ends of each break and taping them together will allow the plant to mend itself quicker.

Cannabis is an easy to graft plant and that is something that is not discussed often enough.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to know but I did try to wrap the broken stems back to then trunk and in 2 days the broken stem began to dry and die.

I’ve had that happen too.
Sometimes the damage is too great to repair. Not all breaks will be able to grow back together, especially it they dried out at the breaks and the top is showing “death wilt”. It’s a done deal.

It’s always worth it to try and help your plant repair itself, if you can. There’s some valuable knowledge to be gained there.

1 Like

They will be Semi autos

Got it the first seeds were hermmed but, these are good to go.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Some call it semi autos…

Personally, I prefer the term “fast” or “fast version”. That let’s the grower know they are Auto gene carriers. Semi auto is a term used for strains that flower under longer hours. Most often they are northern outdoor lines that were bred to flower under 15-16-17 hours but have zero auto genes in them.

At least that’s where I draw the line…

1 Like

Im one to talk lol.I’m still in the air about anything auto.I swear the smoke I was getting was all autos awhile back just by the way they tasted and the high.Taste was amazing but the high lasted 45 min maybe.I got seeds from some of them and when I planted them and they came up 3 weeks to the day they go on autoflower.My photos high last at least 2 to three hours taste pretty good not as intense but I smoke less buzz last longer.Coots always says With breeding Hemp into cannabis Once you take the wolf out of the chihuahua you can’t take the chihuahua out of the wolf.Some research has to be done on cannabanoid profiles And what goes into cultivars and see if they can breed for those profiles to improve on the autos effects if I see something like that then maybe I’ll change my mind High Thc isn’t shit if it last 40 min I’ll take a 14% that has a moderate effect over a high Thc auto that lasts 40 min.

1 Like

Autos made a lot of progress in the last few years. I’m still on the fence myself… I grew a few, bomb seeds cosmic bomb stood out from the lot…

If I understand correctly, the thing with autos is you have to do actual breeding to bring the best forward…

Each trait has to be bred and made apparent one by one. At the end of each cycle, you have to cross it with a photo, incorporate a new trait until its fixed, bring back the auto trait, rinse repeat to perfection. It takes time. Enough so that I think only very few are ready to go to such lengths.

Then say you are lucky and manage to find a perfect pair, progeny is exceptional, without the ability to take cuts whatever number of seeds you get is all you get. Back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

That’s another good point on autos.I like having the ability to work clones back and forth one of the best things about photos if you ask me.That one thing when I think about it I’m like do you really want to throw that away?It sounds like a balancing act that isn’t worth the squeeze.

Update! This was taken last weekend…checked on them today and it would seem the male is showing signs of dying off. And now I’ve spotted some older and younger leaves yellowing. I took a video but the site won’t let me upload it.

1 Like

Alright friends…either she’s almost ready for harvest OR something else is wrong!! Too much watering and/nutrients? image|375x500

1 Like

Let the pot get light if you think it’s over watered give a good feed and carry on don’t think it’s done yet .

Ok so I’ve hit her with some 4-4-4 and also dried her out every other day so far. I wanna say it’s the crazy weather we’ve been getting here in LI. Every time I get rid of the dried up leaves my fingers are sticky! So she’s a sugary thing! Some buds are beginning to brown at the very tips and some are not. I have to say Buzz’d Lite is a very bushy tall one with lots of tight buds all over. Really excited over her.

4 Likes

She’s beginning to brown a bit and I think it’s because of the chocolate Thai in her. Since I’ve been caring for my nephew’s Blue Dream Auto, she was pollinated by the chocolate Thai I gave him and gave him some seeds. I can only give out 4 bags of around 10 seeds for anyone who wants to try this blend which I will name as Blue’s Clues. :joy:

1 Like