Across the 8th Dimension

That spot in my backyard is pretty much wide open with no shade. But as far as growth in the different structures, it’s hard to say, I think their growth slows down quite a bit when it’s really really hot… like they go into survival mode. Regardless of the shade structure it’s still over 100F and they don’t seem to love it. They definitely like the greenhouse weather better.

5 Likes

Gotcha. Yeah it is only getting started with heat. Fires are a common thing these days. Weather has changed.

5 Likes

Are you getting smoke were you are at now?

2 Likes

Yes witnesses it the first time where it was obvious the air was jacked. Stemming from Quebec I believe. Nasty. Sign of the new times of what’s happening next.

5 Likes

You might consider wrapping those pots in that insulated bubble wrap shit @FieldEffect wraps his pots in the high desert.

4 Likes

Fuck n A. :100:

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that, I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

Dropped my soil temp by 20 on the high side.

4 Likes

Damn. :100: I had no idea. They worked that good.

4 Likes

That’s pretty impressive. I just keep potted plants in the shaded areas of the yard in the extreme heat. I like putting them in the ground best. Will look into this. Are they waterproof? Or additional weight?

5 Likes

It’s this stuff. https://www.lowes.com/pl/Reflectix--Roll-insulation-Insulation-accessories-Building-supplies/4294524370?refinement=4294964084 I bought some other size to do my 4x50 gallons with a single roll.

I used mylar space blankets last year and that works awesome and super cheap. It worked so well I’d never run black pots without them.

Mulch is super important as an insulator, and in earlier season to keep the sun off the dirt. I used swamp cooler pads to great effect but they are a PITA to cut to fit. I did cover crop this time, I have mixed feelings about that.

Last year space blanket and swamp-cooler pad. The blankets are toast by October, so plan on throwing them away

This season the mylar bubble is certainly an upgrade and will last a few seasons I bet.

Waterproof? Totally. The bubble gets some water in the edge but doesn’t affect anything.

Weight I think is undetectable.

12 Likes

That stuff looks pretty good, I may have to pick some up, thanks man! :+1:

3 Likes

Making walking paths with woodchips and digging swales / bunds would help soak water into your soil when it rains, even if it only rains once a year it would be very beneficial to ground water levels and soil fertility. :+1:

Woodchips are great insulation and keep the soil cool, they can be inoculated with mycorrhizal fungi that help your plants grow. Garden giants for example.

4 Likes

Thanks @FieldEffect for the details.

2 Likes

Here’s an update for the breeders….
Mayberry S1 from @Josh_Blue

@JohnnyPotseed ,Frankenstein Fems FrankenBubbles @Tonygreen Weighted Blanket
3 Sour Bubble IX Chem 91 x Sour Bubble

20 Likes

Jezuz, your going to have Kind coming out your ass. :100: :fire:

4 Likes

I sure hope so man, I also have a few French Macron from THSeeds and a few Blueberry Quest in there too.

6 Likes

We got them transferred to the shade tent, ready for a hot weekend finally, it’s been daily thunderstorms around here since spring, fingers crossed for no afternoon windstorms, which are very common here.

15 Likes

I’d like to thank @The_Vault_Team for being so kind, they are sending me a pack of their CBD Critical Mass for my niece for free. I want to express my gratitude and tell Overgrow that these guys are a great fit for our community here. :pray: thank you guys, that’s really cool!

8 Likes

Way to go @The_Vault_Team :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes