Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

The first Haze was a 2 way cross, and for years it was claimed to be Thai/Colombian.

Post from Sam that has now been edited or removed.

Then the original Haze line was out crossed to Indian and Mexican and other lines.

5 Likes

So where does the F1 come in? This early Haze, what are we talking less than 16 weeks? Seems very interesting.

So who sold them all these Skunk seeds? Didn’t someone sell a bunch of seeds to some brothers or friends in Arizona skunk seeds? I think these guys grew quite a few if I remember but back to the haze.

2 Likes

The F1s were made back in the late 60s and were long flowering, even the O-Haze sold in the early 2000s threw the flying Dutchman had plants that flowered 20 plus weeks.

9 Likes

Any chance the thai being in haze was a lie this whole time to make it sound more exotic and Sam in some weird way is trying to make things right by lying some more instead of just saying the original version never included thai. Or is it more likely these new “original haze” are a newer version made without the thai influence and because things can be sequenced now they have to cover tracks an re write the history?

7 Likes

In the U.S. you can start a company with a good story.

9 Likes

Come here, Come all, and get your seeds.
You to can
Smoke a piece of the story.
So get em why you can or if you can.
Only a few packs left.

Set to repeat ad nauseum.

1 Like

NOBODY did the “good stories” better than Dutch Flowers. Man, on the old CannbisWorld site (sister site owned by same guy who owned the original OG before he got busted and the sites shut down), Dutch Flowers would put out the story for a strain going up for auction on Heaven’s Stairway and some times a pack of 10 seeds would go for over $1000.

9 Likes

Chocolate Trip went for $800 I think it was.

5 Likes

They could definitely tell a story. :rofl:

4 Likes

I believe you are referring to the Madjag story.

“I first contacted Robert Clarke, author of
Marijuana Botany and several other
outstanding cannabis-related books, in
1979 through an address c/o “High Times”
magazine. Robert responded and we soon
made personal telephone contact. Rob
visited me in Arizona a few weeks later to
personally deliver the 3,000 Skunk #1 seeds
that I wanted to purchase. Our initial
contact process took 3 weeks or more, yet
today with internet and email it could be
done in a day or two. We hit it off
immediately and have remained long
distance friends for 40+ years.
Over the subsequent years I have
investigated many old-school cannabis
varieties by contacting the companies that
sell seeds as well as the owners of the early
seed sources. For instance, Sam Skunkman
and Robert Clarke, founders in 1981 of the
first cannabis seed company, Sacred Seeds,
also sold Afghani #1 and several other fine
strains like Early Girl, Nepali, Malawi, and
various Haze hybrids and I was able to
acquire a small number of the Afghani#1”

4 Likes

Its basically taking a somalie script and adlibbing adjectives. It would be funny if my favorite breeders didn’t do the same damn thing

5 Likes

Yes, and we’ve all fallen for it, because we respect the story teller.

3 Likes

I think they’re just trying to play to the demands of the market. Everyone I’ve bought seeds from after I got burned by DJ shorts blueberry f5 has been vetted through the forums. The community has yet to steer me wrong.

7 Likes

I have a friend, my old mentor that knows DJ Short personally from his canna activism touring days.

My friend believes that DJ Short is such a good breeder that he puts trigger genes in his line that will lead to unstable offspring, this is how you can tell if you have counterfeit seed packs.

:joy:

Even my heroes have let me down.

4 Likes

I had not heard about DJ Short’s Blueberry F5, what’s going on with that?

1 Like

Nevils Mullumbimby Madness on about week 4 of 10 on 14 off light schedule.

2 of the clone run phenos of Mindbender Haze looking real close on week 9

28 Likes

He bred the blueberry of the 90s that everyone raved about. There’s lots of hearsay about what happened to the original parents, but considering it’s an F5 with hermie issues and nobody on forums has experienced blueberry terps, it seems like him or his son (who now runs the operation) is lying and the line is not the same.

Then again, blue star seed co works with DJ short genetics and produces quality bud, so I’m not sure what exactly happened.

I discover all of this before coming to find Jordan of the Islands and AKBB have legit BB terp plants, which then led to me finding tons of incredible breeders.

5 Likes

if you are referring to the burning bush quote ,
he later went on to explain it had no thai in it ,
but was like thai is all …

3 Likes

They should have called themselves HYPED SEEDS rumours said RC him self was Dutch Flowers.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, When you’re talking about a hybrid, and you say it’s a Thai type that tells me it that type is expresses the Thai side.

Burning Bush was an early Haze.

Why did the Haze story change decades later, and why did Sam go back to posts he had made years before and edit or remove them?

4 Likes