Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

African Silk x Todd’s OHz
Mazar I Sharif x Todd’s OHz
African Haze x Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian
NL5 x Haze

20 Likes

I had some F2s from a few of their lines and some of what I had was fire.Indigo Blue was okay. Metal Haze was good and Chocolate Thai was incredible.

4 Likes

That’s my favorite Sam quote “burning bush … a thai heavy haze without actually having any thai in it” (sic)

:joy:

8 Likes

All I saw was hype, glad some of it was good.

3 Likes

As we’re talking Thai Haze, here’s something Nevil kept telling me needed to be done that being a Haze male to a Thai.

I call it Deliverance (Thai x NH).

20 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, none of it was worth the price paid at auction. But the final product was always pretty good at the very least. At 1/10th the price for F1s it would have been getting comparable to what people like Shanti were doing at the time, strictly on value gained per dollar spent basis…

6 Likes

Was looking for something else from Nevil, but found this pic sitting in his chair.

29 Likes

That is a GREAT picture!

4 Likes

Hempy, I’m curious because you have intimate knowledge of pure Thais and Dutch Flowers. What are your thoughts on Lemon Thai and Chocolate Thai? The One seems to bring more of the Thai I’ve tried than either of those two although all of them legendary and great, and I know DF had some questionable provenance.

4 Likes

They have “thai” in the name, but from what I saw they are Hawaiian…

3 Likes

Wondering if his Outback Haze project was a manifestation of what he proposed to you? Heard some good things about the real deal

5 Likes

Dutch Flowers clearly had lines people liked, what turned me off was the way they hyped and marketed their seed.

3 Likes

Absolutely. that’s why I would never bid on their stuff, only on F2 reproductions.

3 Likes

In all honesty, from the pictures I saw posted of the Dutch Flower lines with Thai in the name, I honestly didn’t see Thai genetics in them.

6 Likes

I grew something that was 25% chocolate trip and it was still hella trippy.

4 Likes

I remember a few organising syndicates pooling their money buying the Dutch Flower seed and then sharing the F1 cuts and F2 seed.

4 Likes

Nevil was telling me for years, Haze needed to go over an old school Thai I thought he would have got around to doing it after making the Outback Haze but health issues and life got in the way.

This is what Nevil would have called the Grail this is close to the Outback Haze with two main differences, those being.

1/ I used a Male Nevils Haze over a Thai female, where the Outback Haze used a Female Nevils Haze reversed and then pollinated the Thai Female, making a Thai x NH. 2/ Then the Thai x NH was crossed with a different NH female that was also reversed that pollinated the Thai x NH.

This is about combining a strong old school Thai to a Nevils Haze male to bring out the ancestral Haze, trying to bring out and lock in the super Haze of old.

Nevil had posted this many times in his Grail thread.

This is the same Thai used in the Out Back Haze

10 Likes

Most of us never had the super Haze of old, but it sure sounds to be a lot better than what most people are finding in todays Haze. :grin:

4 Likes

Dont forget the MM Madness x Nevils Haze which is a cut going around.

8 Likes

I know the old Mullum well school friends moved up and lived with the hippies that grew the MM in 78, and I first smoked it in 79 from plants grown in 78.

I also have MM.

9 Likes