Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Thank you for sharing this @hempy. You got me thinking how it would be cool to see Thai x NH work alongside some Fruity Juice x NH as I’ve heard Fruity Juice is Thai x Afghan and the genetics were all sourced by Nevil originally. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on that. A bunch to enjoy catching up on in this thread! So awesome. I really enjoy reading the conversations in this thread. Thank you to all of y’all! Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

People don’t like admitting this, but the reality is the Haze sold even 20 or so years ago was very different to what most see now.

The flowering times alone in O-Haze now are way faster.

8 Likes

Nevil believed the Haze high came from Thai.

The reasoning behind using the Haze side as a male is the Y chromosome it passes the ancestral information on.

6 Likes

i think nowadays we got better tools, more knowledge. For example i found that 11/13 and low nitrogen feeding work great for haze. At 12/12 and doped with No3/nh4 ohaze can grow forever

5 Likes

You never stop learning, mike you go as low as 7/17 with some Haze and see better outcomes, it really depends a lot on the type of plant.

4 Likes

Old pic of Haze in Sam’s greenhouse

26 Likes

Older pic of a Haze plant in Sam’s backyard Greenhouse in California before Sam went to Holland. Notice the plant looks different.

Picture by Mel frank.

21 Likes

Pimped the photo

21 Likes

Some of Todd’s can look similar- Please keep in mind these were grown fully outdoors in the cold autumn night air, which is why they turned purply bluey in color- also understand the buds aren’t as chunky as they might appear… grown by some guy on some hill in 2020.

26 Likes

3l0R

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Bringing out the ancestral haze, makes me think that it sounds like a complex way to mitigate the northern light’s. I would be curious to try OLD Nevil’s haze versus Outback haze versus your creation Hempy. Also curious how o haze x thai would compare?

7 Likes

100%. especially since most of today’s haze is fake marketing(haze hybrids) or watered down genetics

4 Likes

Don’t like most of the hybrids we’re having nowadays, but I like this one. Smoked it several times, but I like the strength.

21 Likes

Thanks for the lab test info, always interesting to see the make up of a particular pheno —atleast for what terps the lab is able to test for.

When you say strong, how do you mean? I have noticed people use the term strong and potent but often do not qualify the characteristics they associate with that strength. Personally, I am seeking clean, cerebral/heady, lysergic, electric effects without any lethargy/stone versus the body/muscle relaxant/lethargic feel. I have a buddy who is the exact opposite. I suppose a rudimentary way to distinguish is to say effects can classified as a high versus a stoned feeling. It seems like a majority of what’s commercially available nowadays provides a stoney effect…which makes sense when you see all the Afghani, indica dom genetics in the lineage of today’s lines. When there is a so-called haze available, it’s usually been back crossed to NL 4 times and the effects are a muddy mix that last 1 - 2 HRs max.

6 Likes

Exactly, potent and interesting are two different things. OG Kush and Malawi are both strong, but in totally different ways. I also agree in that I’m not interested in haze anymore. I’ve grown and smoked so much haze and the modern Piffs, Nigerians and NL5H x NL5H x NL5H ad infinity ends up being too much dark, hashy Afghani flavor (“church, frankincense”) and muddy, groggy effects to me personally.

5 Likes

Original haze at 13 weeks. Few more weeks to go. This plant got no love. Cant wait to run again with a little more attention.

36 Likes

That is a beautiful plant. :rainbow:

2 Likes

Nothing like abusing the plant and she still loves you.

3 Likes

Personally i can’t stand against the couch clock effect of indica’s, but that has to do with my medical history of acquired brain injury. AMG Amnesia compared with the pre2010 18 week phenotype Mama Thai ,which had a cerebral high of 9 hrs, i found AMG pretty energetic, also the next day. I smoked once the catpiss phenotype of Amnesia, which was someone’s favourite, but found it myself horrible weak in energetic and found more to body relaxation. It wasn’t my type of smoke. Ohz herbal spicy phenotype is a next level of cerebral high with a touch of acid.

7 Likes

FNF #26 and #99

18 Likes