Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Going a bit off topic but I have been hanging around the Northern Rivers of NSW, Mullumbimby area since the mid to late 70’s, had relatives there and lived in Murbah for a while. I take any claims of MM with a grain of salt. Every second deal you bought was MM. However it doesn’t really matter as It was all mostly great as there were fantastic sativas grown there, but it was all notably different.

I doubt for example that Shatis, Kangas, and (for want of a better example) yantras were all the same thing (versions of MM)

Whatever the case the stuff grown in that area in the 70s was almost all great, some outstanding.

9 Likes

Most people in the 70s 80s even 90s here did not care about names of lines, what they cared about was the quality of the smoke, and we used a simple rating of Good/Ok/Shit.

Mullum Madness made a name because it was that good and then people started to call there sativas MM in the area and if any came close to the real MM in quality trust me it was rare.

Kog did call his Thai old mother sativa, but lots of people called their lines MM also, but that don’t mean it’s the real deal, does it.

It’s a bit like Haze if you think about it, people call 10-week plants with indica looking flowers Haze these days too.

The real MM smoked like a strong Haze was grown around main arm by hippies that all lived in a commune.

I know where it was grown and know some of the guys that grew it, but they knew the people that bred it.

The Nimbin Aquarius Festival was The fourth and last Aquarius Festival to held, and the Aquarius Festival was what attracted many to the Nimbin area.

11 Likes

The Deliverance (Thai x Neviles Haze) is in the 9th week of flower now, still has a long way to go.

23 Likes

Cant ask him since he is disappeared.

I appreciated a lot the intel, good leads to start to dig somewhere. It make me thing finally more about the Durban Poison than the haze actually. Most of fresh meat think DP it’s a strain with a strict pedigree, on site you learned quite fast that it changed almost each season.

2 Likes

Curious where does the PNG fit into all this? I thought it was an important part of MM legendary effect… Heard that it is heartracing tense trippy buzz.

3 Likes

I personally didn’t see PNG until maybe a decade or later than MM in quantity anyway.
Truth is although Australia is isolated, we are big travelers, hippy trails back then, Asia, Indi
a, Nepal, Middle East etc, and we were a multicultural society as well. Big Italian, Greek, Turkish communities back then. Cannabis came from all over the world but most was sativa back then.

Like Hempy said most of what you bought had no name. There were exceptions like Thai stick, Colombian compressed, MM etc, but you often did not know where something had come from. The ones I know of were Thai, Colombian, Leb blond hash, and Indonesian.

MM ((whatever it was) almost certainly had SE Asian, beyond that, anyones guess?

11 Likes

PNG Gold had nothing to do with the MM, there is an old 60 minutes story from memory mid 80s on the PNG Gold that showed the plants being grown and a lot of it if not most of it was being traded for guns with the locals for it.

The MM hit hard and long and smoked like the best Haze, the first MM I smoked was planted in 78 and brought down by my mate Steph around Christmas 79. I asked him what it was, and he told me Thai/Colombian.

You need to remember at the time period we had all types of exotic sativa lines being imported in or grown in house from seed collected from peoples travels or from seed found in imported lots.

Anything that made a name for its self did so because it was that good.

11 Likes

That’s real interesting, the aussie history always intrigues me, it’s kinda like a parallel of santa cruz haze era. The thai stick always seems to be the one. Thought the papua might be from thai blood by the effects described. I had heard about the indonesian lines out there too. Do those still exist? That is a very rare cannabis gene pool.

2 Likes
  • NOTICE TO ALL -

Earlier in this thread I posted pictures of what I thought was a Ghost Train Haze # 1. Now I am certain that it is not. It was obviously mislabled early on as a seedling. This has happened because I have way too many plants growing at the same time. It began to flower in early spring and has always looked funky to me. I thought that if it would revegitate Fully it would begin to look normal but it seems stuck in flower mode. I have tried to remove it from this thread but because it is throttled - down I can not edit my posts. Please understand that it was not done on purpose. It was done because of “ dumb-assed-ness”. If that is not a real word , it should be in this case. I apologise.

10 Likes

Always love your information hempy, cool plant too. What part of Australia do you reside? Sorry if i missed it earlier. Did those long flowering nevilles hazes finish up?

5 Likes

The plant still have a lovely shape ^^

3 Likes

They did, I spent the last few years running my NH f2s selecting and making F3s to preserve them for another 20 years now onto other projects.

I’m on the East Coast, Nick.

Sorry if I mist anyone and didn’t respond, it’s a bit hard with one post every 12 hours.

13 Likes

Samaras ( Silver Haze x Amnesia) x Neville Haze

13 Likes

ACE killer a5 haze, polinated with sdbx4 and headbanger…

I would love to trade some of these with any bandaid haze crosses… had some xanadu bandaid x og that was epic, and since looking for somrthing similarì

33 Likes

You could slap lights on the one in the middle and you’re ready for Christmas. Those are some trees nice

3 Likes

Whoaaaaaaaa. Niceeee

2 Likes

Neviles Haze x O Haze x Appalachian Super Skunk grown by ICMAG Sub24ox7

28 Likes

Strayfox’s sour chem x Tom Hill Haze really enjoyable plant to grow. The bud seems potent, soaring and couch lock the couple tests I’ve taken. I’m waiting for it to cure in the jar a couple months. It was a very green plant and I’m sure the taste and nose will change as the green fades. I saved 500 grams of fresh frozen lowers to make some hash with but haven’t found the time to do the work yet. I did keep a cut of the biggest budded plant so I can take my time.

33 Likes

A bit slow in here, thought I would post here is the Deliverance in week 10 of flower starting to pack the resin on.

21 Likes