Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

All this talk about A5 cuts make me wonder if there are any THH or Golli Haze cuts floating around, or any feral O haze cuts otherwise that’s indica free? Or Destroyer?

8 Likes

Alot of close up pics , step back and take a pic for us ?

Looks frosty and good for sure, just not as wild as any o Haze ive grown ?

Also 1st pic that leaf on left looks pretty wide for O Haze ?

4 Likes

Super silver haze from seed…flipping to flower today. These orginally came from greenhouse seeds, this single seed came from a top cola. Shes in ffof 2 gallons organic. Keeping it chistmas tree structure. Previous grows were excellent all phenos were very high potency.

11 Likes

Maze by budderton
(Mm x nh) X malwai gold
Roughly 8weeks here

29 Likes

Platinum Sweet Skunk … Sativa pheno

Ready in ten weeks flowering … with huge yield!

And a dominant 94 Hawaiian Maui Waui effect :fire::fire:

23 Likes

A little bit of Samaras (Silver Haze x Amnesia) x Neville Haze.

24 Likes

JH, zeroed veg, 114 days. End of the ride but it’s already in rotation with two similar clones.
This one is quite on the industrial cleaner, citric side. Not fruity, almost gassy. Just fighting the NL5H stone atm that make me lazzy to cull and trim her … :rofl: Inception loop.

22 Likes

deve ser uma luta controlar isso! hahahaha
ta linda mano! é nois pajarito

Must be a struggle to control that plant! Hahaha. It’s looking great, bro!

1 Like

oh90

26 Likes

The biosynthesis of terpenoids has a higher energy requirement than most other primary and secondary metabolites, because of the extensive level of chemical reduction within these compounds (Gershenzon, 1994). The energy for this biosynthesis would be derived from light energy, captured within the chloroplast. During periods of light exposure, some chloroplasts would be directly illuminated and others would be in varying degrees of shade. This study showed that plant tissues devoid of chlorophyll, and thereby unable to photosynthesise, could support the biosynthesis of cannabinoids within their own glandular trichomes. The carbon source required for cannabinoid biosynthesis would have been produced elsewhere within the plant and then translocated to these trichomes. This demonstrates that in a normal growing environment, where some parts of the plant are in full sun and others in varying degrees of shade, all aerial parts the plant will be able to synthesise cannabinoids. The resultant increase in trichome content uniformity is fortunate for the grower of cannabis for the pharmaceutical industry. Mahlberg et al. (1983) compared the cannabinoid content of capitate stalked trichomes on the upper and lower surfaces of cannabis bracts and found those on the upper surface to be more potent. This was attributed to the upper surface receiving more light. This study with variegated cannabis weakens that argument, showing that the ability of leaf tissue to photosynthesise has minimal effect on its ability of the local glandular trichomes to synthesise cannabinoids.

A thesis submitted by David Potter JP MIBiol CBiol FLS CMIOSH

4 Likes

No commercial interest, because the lack of yield and long flowering period, which makes it risky.

3 Likes

It’s risky to make Ferraris too but man they drive in a way that speaks to the soul.

6 Likes

Here is the picture you posted of Sam’s Greenhouse with a Haze plant growing in it.

Here is a pic from Shantis Greenhouse full of Nevils Haze in Switzerland.
NH2

Haze and sativas do yield big and do have a commercial viability the reality is commercial growers grow what the market wants, sadly that tends to be cookies and things with great bag appeal.

20 Likes

I think the biggest issue is the time. Harvesting 8-10 weeks after the start of flowering is more valuable than something that could take as long as 6 months, even if there was a market for it. More money to be produced in the same space for the same time investment.

12 Likes

That’s not the way how those guys think. They want to have many lbs in a short time, not to have to wait 16 weeks for a minimum of harvest.

@hempy forgets that Sam had a permit in the 90s and Shanti was growing in Switzerland, where this pic is from. Early 2000 it was quite easy in Switzerland to grow large quantities in an open field or greenhouse. Greenhouse was in Ticino what i read.

6 Likes

Agree. But the greater issue is the market. When I was growing at scale, 90% of the market wanted lower poteny “pretty” narcotic indicas. And the people wanting “sativas” wanted mildly cerebral hybrids. Not actual sativas. A badass longer flowering haze is such an intense effect compared to that stuff. I hope a market pops up for real sativas. But its just such a small niche, and getting investors to sign off on anything but the 7-8 week turn n burn model is unlikely. All they care about is “pounds per month”

14 Likes

Next you will be telling me that only COORS and Budweiser are all we need and nobody would want to have a Stout or an Ale. :joy::joy::joy::joy: Yeah quantity and fast production people too stupid and lazy to appreciate a different type hmmm? I like Scottish Heavy 80 oops not a lager dam what am I saying hmmm? So confused!

7 Likes

I am tee total these days but 80 Shilling Heavy was my Ale of choice. Still very popular here in Scotland. Have you tried a 90 Shilling “Wee heavy” ?

:+1: :scotland:

4 Likes

Well, that takes me back! I haven’t had a McEwan’s 80 in too long :pensive:

1 Like

SSH going into flower…

15 Likes