Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

From another somebody that wasn’t there that also has a hard time dissecting fact from falsehood, I just want to see what people are growing and learn a little something about it. Should be another thread along the lines of “Arguing about Haze”. Take all that shit there. Show us here what YOU are doing with Haze. Screw the he said she said bullshit. That don’t grow ‘round here.

On that note,

Some Not-so Haze/ Rudy Haze aka

Mephisto’s Old School Mango Haze auto grown by yours truly.

23 Likes

Man, this thread never disappoints on the drama front.

Old strains, old timers, lots of get of my lawn BS. Half of these are the kind of argument I’d imagine a hot tub purist would have with someone insisting on calling them all jacuzzis. Except in the case people would be calling them super lemon and super silver jacuzzi, and wondering why people still bother with the original jacuzzi that took a week to warm up before you could get in, and you only get to stay in for 6 minutes…

Anyway, here’s a Blues Haze, containing only 16.5679% haze, pollinating some non haze plants, which I will likely give haze names :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::v:

19 Likes

Super Silver Haze

25 Likes

It’s a pretty common theme around me as well. Seed and clone vendors labeling something haze because it has 2% haze lineage. My guess is true haze crosses just take so darn long to ripen up there isn’t a market for indoor that makes any money. The best ‘haze’ (ish) cuts I’ve come across are 8-10w and have a nice compact bud structure… Which is nothing like what I’m reading in this thread. Not sure what to call that class of buds. Modern haze? Cookie haze? They’re still notably different both in terps and high than the heavy indica buds floating around but I feel a bit awkward calling them haze knowing they’re not true representations of those long 14-16 beans of yesteryear.

I can’t wait for high throughout whole genomic testing. It’ll let us differentiate between cuts that are super similar but distinct (think ogs / diesel families) but also figure out what specifically makes a haze a haze. Maybe we can start bringing some of those features we thought were lost back into the gene pool

5 Likes

Super Lemon Haze (franco breeder cut) on harvest day F70

I had to chop her one week earlier since the fade went too strong and some leaves wilted causing some botrytis inside of a headbud, overall less than 2% mold so still okay but could be better.

Smell is for sure skunky, lemon, sweet, little bit of fruits and some incense. Effect is mostly head high fading off into light body buzz but no couchlock. I would call it mood enhancer, good for smoking til 8pm or so :grinning:

8 Likes

Very much what Brother TB is saying above :100: , Why bring your private gripes into this thread @Connoisseur_Genetics ? Just seems very petty and sounds like your actual issue lays with Notso and not Tom as he did what you asked of him but whatever. Just please don’t get this thread nuked because of fragile ego.

@TomHill What sort of scents are prevalent with your haze? Keep up the hard work man, You are grandee of our community and I for one appreciate all the knowledge you have dropped over the years.

Every time I open my a copy of a Burbank reprint essay or book I laugh thinking about you going scorched earth letting people know what’s up on IC back in the day.

Never change man :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

I just joined so dont blame me for this thread being in slow mode , blame tom for being drunk all the time

5 Likes

What people seem to forget is haze commands a higher price. 60-70 per 1/8 versus 20-30. Imo its worth the extra time. And yes haze can yield. Maybe not as much as the hype strains but still decent.
All one has to do so is stagger their grows. Once you get going the
time between harvest is drastically resuced. I think with at least 2 veg tents and 3 flower tents you could basically harvest perpetually.

8 Likes

Yes thank you for bringing up staggering grows… I’m always harping on that when people complain about a certain strain taking too long or issues popping up. As long as there is another one coming down the pike, it’s all good man. No need to reset everything on square one

5 Likes

Methods seem confusing but ok? Genius wow bold statement so what examples make you say that? I look at these things and I say if a person wants to promote something then why so mysterious? Who is talking bad don’t see any of that, all I hear is praise so not sure but I could be wrong. I think his haze is a hybrid in that it is all tropical and that it has the ability to have transgressive segregation and then make a number of lines with it but I have been told it is not corn so lots of things that I am ignorant about. Selfing thing things that is very handy and skips steps, Trichome size and how is it inherited very intriguing. So much :bulb:but still E= MC^2?

1 Like

it’s pretty much the same price in all weed stores lol I don’t see a specific HAZE group thats marked up 50 bucks just for being a haze

3 Likes

Those that have grown enough Haze vs Haze Outcrosses can see the huge quality difference.I go by the quality I find regardless of the flowering time. I’ve not found a Haze better than the outcrosses made using Haze. We can only speak to our experience… IMO Haze is far better used as breeding stock !!!

.Original Haze is for breeding, not commercial crops, you may be lucky and find a real keeper for production, but the odds are low. Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers. -SamS I AGREE WITH SAM ON THIS.

16 Likes

SLH Franco cut missing pics

22 Likes

Ssh still stretching…

11 Likes

Added a drain pipe into the watering tray and now im able to flush a few ml every watering cicle, watering now at ec 0.8
oh90

24 Likes

Im not talking dispensaries.

I’ve yet to see any haze in any dispo I’ve been to.
Or really any good tree for that matter

4 Likes

Really hmmm next time I go to dispensary I’ll specifically ask for a haze an we shall see lol

I was wondering…

Do hazes make good pollen donors for hybrids that are not hazes? I know this is a general question and plant/pheno specific, but I was wondering if it was better to breed two hazes. I’m picking a pollen donor soon for a few plants, but wanted to grow some haze to smoke, I thought hmm if I get a good male, maybe thats my donor. If it’s female I smoke it and find another male.

3 Likes

Yes, as SamS mentions, haze is great in hybrids paired to non haze containing genetics. Haze by itself or crossed to itself supposedly doesn’t improve the line due to inbreeding depression or something like that.

When outcrossed, Haze delivers awesomeness. Many blessings and much love

8 Likes

Keep us updated.
I dont know if your on the east coast but i am. Maybe thats the difference.