Afficionados of Colorado seed bank

Anyone heard or have any experience with any strains from this Colorado seed bank. It’s run by a guy called Neil Kushman. I’ve heard of Kyle Kushman but Neil Kushman?

5 Likes

do you mean aficionado seeds? i have heard of them, they have a pretty good reputation i believe.

i have not heard of neil kushman or colorado seed bank

2 Likes

I just saw a pack of those go for $5500.
Am I crazy to think that’s a little much?

3 Likes

wow lol was it @MadScientist ? he just won an auction he said :confused:

you’re not crazy bro, just not rich (me neither lol) :smiley: if we made 20 grand a month we probably wouldn’t blink twice

4 Likes

LOL it wasn’t him but I think we do watch the same auctions.
It’s tough to say if I’d buy them. Even if I was loaded I think Id stay away.
I just had a similar discussion yesterday about steaks.
Just because a certain steakhouse is super expensive doesn’t mean it’s the best. you can get just as good a steak at many other places for a whole lot less.
I don’t pay extra for hype or name. Just give me a big, fat, juicy steak!

4 Likes

haha ain’t that the truth!! i went to an expensive steakhouse with some coworkers and we all ordered, then they came back to the table to say ‘sorry but all our steaks are still frozen, you’ll have to pick something else from the menu’ yuck

3 Likes

I won this but the price wasn’t $5500!

Sci

4 Likes

That strain sounds delicious!

1 Like

Thanks man, you and @Enstromentals were very nice with me about buying these seeds.

People cannot be happy for others i dunno why! So, again, thanks so much.

2 Likes

I fully support anybody buying anything they want as long as they can afford it.
I have a friend that just spent close to 20k on a piece of Russian art that I wouldn’t pay $20 for but he clearly wanted it so I’m happy he bought it.

What I don’t support, and I think many people would agree, is companies charging outrageous prices for seeds… they’re seeds! In a lot of cases not even stable seeds… if I was going to pay a grad for a pack of seeds I’d like to be guaranteed a keeper at the very least.
This is why I’m so curious about these guys. Is it internet marketing and hype or is there something special about it?
Are the parents super rare? Are they only producing a pack or 2? It’s the flower that much better than what I could buy in the $50-$300 range?
Back in the day I loved Soma. I spent $300 a pack on just about everything he did and was rarely dissapointed. In fact I still have wet dreams about somango.

3 Likes

I always wanted to grow the NYCD from Soma, not available anymore, and if you find it, will be very old seeds man!

1 Like

If you get your money’s worth I will be very happy for you. Maybe lack of enthusiasm Is from uncertainty about the value.

3 Likes

I believe you are correct, there was a member here, that would swear his life on this genetics. He said they choose from hundreds of plants at selection and that the terpene profiles are out fo this world! We’ll see!

1 Like

Congrats on the win @MadScientist.
I’ve wanted to try their gear for a while. The only thing that’s turned me off of them is the breeder’s attitude on IG. I have a hard time giving my money to people like that regardless of quality of genetics. But I can’t wait to see what you do with them! I’m sure they’ll be dank.

1 Like

Thanks @Dewb, If i worried about that i wouldn’t buy any seeds at all… From anybody! LOL

I have seen it on IG, the level of hate and jealousy in between breeders and customers, and loyal followers and growers. Everyone has the best, everyone does it better, no one is humble! NO ONE!

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. Luke 14:11

Sci

2 Likes

There are still some good ones out there. Bodhi, alphakronik and led seedz come to mind but you’re right most of them are like that

My point bro, was that i do not care how people behave or the way they act, as long as it doesn’t affect me directly. I look for the strains that i have seen people report as the shyte! Regarless if they are good ppl or not.

I will try to be good, maybe i will fail, but hate and jealousy do not have a place in my life. It’s a waste of energy and time.

you are good people @Dewb! Thanks man

1 Like

Hi all, back to the op. They seem to be a small company. Here it is. http://acsb.co/ No idea if they are legit strains. The term “legit strain” makes me roll my eyes a bit tbh.

Got some packs of their beans on their way to me allegedly. Will update on how good they are when they get round to popping.

Cheers

Definitely not related to Mean Gene or anyone from the Mendo community that i know of, they do not sell at a website, and only thru Leo in IG. Buyer Beware, there is another one not to be confused with, and that is Aficionados of Marijuana Seeds, which is a diff company. So there are 3 of them but only one is legit.

1 Like

Cultivated choice is active on strainly. Their web site is totally different then this one. Just messaged cultivated choice on ig n sent him the link. See if he says if they’re legit.

2 Likes