Afghani, Afghani Kush and Hindu Kush -- Differences?

Everyone says “nice fade” but I think it’s a mix of genetics, cold temps in the tent, and me on my first grow having no idea what nutrient levels in flower should be like. I lucked out!

12 Likes

Looks nice man, mine must be more hybridized version then. Here she is:

9 Likes

That’s a beauty, man. Wonder if it’s got some Kandahar Black in it? Those thin black fans are definitely different than mine, I didn’t get any black or even dark purple, mostly a rich reddish-gold

5 Likes

Kandahar Black x Hindu Kush would make a great cross. I was just thinking about that yesterday.

7 Likes

.Anywhere that cannabis is bought, sold and traded in any significant amount is going to have genetics from all over the place. Cannabis is already adapted to live in the jungles, snowy mountains and everywhere in between. Plus, the Hindu Kush and Himalayas have countless microclimates. Between climate, terrain and humans, there are bound to be innumerable variations.

I think the biggest vector here is the humans that lived with the plant last 5 thousand or more years choosing the seeds from varieties they liked taking them to new places so they wont cross breed and refining them to their liking pretty much same as we have been doing the last 50 or so years
Also the country with the best weed being the graveyard of the empires is chemical warfare of the highest order. I bet the troops of alexander the great were getting stoned out of their minds when they passed through

1 Like

The excellent hash there might have something to do with that. Afghanistan is mountainous and full of people who do not like outside “authority.” It’s easy to see how their hash would further sap the will of foreign armies to fight.
While I think the Taliban are a bunch of barbarians determined to roll back the clock 1000 years, as a former soldier, I can respect their prowess in battle.

3 Likes