African landraces and heirloom thread

So I have a few Durban poison seeds on the way yay! So I’ve been reading up and a lot of sources say that it’s finishes in 8-9 weeks! Is this right for durban or is this a hybrid, I know it’s a hybrid already, to finish this quick? Thanks!

6 Likes

This is right for Durban, the old Durban i mean Sam Skunkman developed.

4 Likes

Here’s a swazipulco getting it!

Uploading: IMG_20230801_233249_683.jpg…
Swazipulco

13 Likes

Is that the same Swazipulco from Guitarzan?

8 Likes

Yes sir it is.

6 Likes

Nice. Just received a pack today. I will be watching your grow to see what I’m in for.

4 Likes

Beautiful plant. I have some beans I got about 14 years ago. I’ve been wanting to pop them for awhile now. The ierdbeer makes me think it’s got auto tendencies. Perhaps this is why it’s early

Basic-seeds Beer
(Purple peace x Losotto/ierdbeer)
This cross is suplied by Basic seeds to give us all a impression to see what they can do for us indoor
growers. Strong old school genetics for optimal pleasure.
Breeders Choice with 5 pieces
Basic beer info:Product Informatie
Type: 70% sativa / 30 %indica
Flowering time 9-10 weeks
Harvest: Upto 500 gram/m2 indoor
Taste: spicy and strong aroma
Effect: nice combination of stoned and high
Flowers: dense and a good change on purple colored flowers
THC: Percentage upto 18%

3 Likes

Awesome you have the description.I know the guy who made Purple Peace (North Indian x Viking).Viking was an indica strain probably Afghan x Lebanese.

Viking

22 Likes

Viking is a beautiful plant. I know she’s popular with northern European/Scandinavian outdoor growers - and it’s through them that I’ve seen it. Baldie reproed it for Derg Corra. It’s always got stunning purple flowers against bright green leaves.

I get confused with the Erdbeer, ierdbeer, Erdpurt… Maybe @saxo will help out???
The genetics on your plant (Lesotho x Purpurea Ticinensis x Erdbeer) might be the father (strain wise) of the beans I have (Purple peace x Losotto/ierdbeer)… i.e. Purpurea Ticinensis x Erdbeer = ierdbeer???

3 Likes

ja,it´s a bit confuseing…
PurpureaTicin x Erdbeer = Erdpurt,afaik
Erdbeer(german) & Ierdbei(dutch) means Strawberry ,just different languages

hope,that helps a lil bit

ErdPurt Zenseeds mostly indica Indoor, Outdoor 56
Erdbeer United Seedbanks indica/sativa Indoor, Outdoor 53
Erdbeer (Alias: Jurabeeri) Helvetic Seeds indica/sativa Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeer (Alias: Strawberry) Clone Only mostly sativa Indoor, Outdoor 55
Erdbeer #1 x Freezeland (Alias: Erdbreeze) Smoke-A-Lot mostly indica Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeer #2 x Freezeland Smoke-A-Lot mostly indica Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeer Mix BlueHemp mostly sativa Outdoor 63
Erdbeer x Deep Chunk Alpine-Seeds mostly indica Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse 55
Erdbeer x Purpurea SwissSeeds indica/sativa Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeer x Purpurea 09 Helvetic Seeds indica/sativa Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit Alpine-Seeds mostly sativa Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse 59
ErdbeerX Helvetic Seeds mostly indica Indoor, Outdoor ?
Erdbeerli OriginSeeds mostly sativa Indoor, Outdoor 55
Erdpurt HFH mostly indica Outdoor 50
Erdpurt
3 Likes

No Anise smell on the Durban?

2 Likes

One plant is in the ballpark @Ottafish

3 Likes

16 Likes

@slain Definitely interested in the GIS approach. And the Open Source part that @GMan added. Would be nice to at least have the layers available outside of Google too if it’s used. I played with QGIS a bit, would be great to have weed data in there too.

2 Likes

For a map with just pics of strains a leaflet map using OpenStreetMap would probably be enough. Could be generated form an Excel file with coordinates and filenames or something.

2 Likes

THAT PLANT BE CRAY-CRAY PURDY @Upstate !!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Pigeonman. There’s a couple of nice ones. Definitely nice buds.

22 Likes

@Upstate , it looks so much like the Ace Zamaldelica I grew out! Stuff is magic and I assume so will yours!!

:ok_hand:

7 Likes

It does look like Zamaldelica, doesn’t it. It’s probably not as strong, but I hope it’s close. Early smoke tests are promising. Its the first Durban I found where all plants have a zip to the buzz. I’m hoping my harvest is accurately timed. I have a fear of losing that Uppity buzz due to past Durban grows…but if it’s real Durban and/or it hasn’t been ruined yet, all plants should be Uppity even with a later harvest. Whatever Durban I work with, it will get more zip rather than less😁 I never realized how zippy my own favorite weed is. It’s got more zip than anything else I’ve ever smoked. I meant to break it out this summer, but got carried away by landrace fever again lol.

19 Likes

That Durban has such alluring bud structure and it’s glistening so nicely. Thanks for sharing these updates, better than looking at anything on the TV. Appreciate your contributions to the community and helping make it such an enjoyable place to be. Much love

2 Likes