AK bean brains catalog

I have ran the NL1 from akbb two seasons outside and have had zero issues with intersexing. Seems very stable and uniform in my experience. Hope dave throws you some freebies!

6 Likes

ive never seen a herm this bad actually. every node has male stamen starting. guess i got a bad batch, just sucks to have about 2 months into it already between seed pop, clones, and 12d flower.

edit: got thug pug monkey business(3) useful black lime special reserve(2) johnny frankenstein(2) and no problems on anything else.

6 Likes

I didnā€™t have any problems with intersex issues from his gear, I only had problems with getting the genetics we paid for. @Rocket got like 4 or more mislabeled packs from him across two different orders.

The ā€œNL1ā€ I ran were sexually stable but 8/12 were highly mutated. Nothing looked nor smelled like NL1. Talked to Dave about it and after pics and description he said it was actually his 89NL instead. Then we ran the 89NL from him and that turned out different too. Asked him on that one and he said it was likely NL1 x Big Skunk instead.

Idk if he just had a mixup those couple times or what but it really discouraged me from ordering any more of his gear.

12 Likes

wow that is horrible to hear, jeez i wish i knew this before placing my second order. shit! i hope he got these in the correct packsā€¦
one of the packs i just ordered that get here today is the 89nl

5 Likes

right. I have more packs from him that I picked up on trade that I wanna look through. Iā€™ve found some great gear in his work butā€¦ definitely need to double check things by the looks of it :confused:

4 Likes

got any pics of the NL1ā€™s? and whats the stem rub youā€™re getting off them?

6 Likes

i am horrible at any type of placing the smells, but maybe a minty pine smell possibly, very slight. i can take some pics tonight when lights come on. dont want to interrupt the other ladies. i was to pissed to go in there this morning to cull them.

5 Likes

Never had any intersex problems on any of Daveā€™s gear, but I guess anything is possible. Hit him up, he should fix it.

I think his lady was going through a lot of medical stuff over the past couple of years, it may be why some things slipped like mislabeled packs or whatever.

9 Likes

I sent him an email last night so we will see what he says. Thanks for all the info guys, Iā€™m glad nobody else has had these problems.

7 Likes

Yikes, thatā€™s concerning.

5 Likes

Got a few pics hopefully they show enough.

8 Likes

And the one from the other tent.

8 Likes

Sadnessā€¦ definitely different than what I grew too.

6 Likes

Haha. Pretty shitty if you ask me. Not sure I want to pop anymore of his ā€œstuffā€

4 Likes

First time Iā€™ve read any bad things about AKBB. Hermies can happen but not getting what you paid for is a whole other story.

4 Likes

It mustā€™ve been while his wife was having massive issues. That or he hates my buddy, idk :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah thats really bad to be mixing up strains. The negative mumblings Ive heard about akbb were about releasing things super early and untested. Lots of positive reviews to be found, especially his classics NL1 and such.

8 Likes

No doubt there are good plants to be found. I wouldnā€™t have bred with it if I didnā€™t think it was good. And he was very forthcoming on the info and getting the lines straightened out from what we grew. Again, I went and traded for more of his gear after all that happened so Iā€™m not knocking the guy really. Just, iā€™m gonna be looking at everything I grow out from him and comparing with otherā€™s grows of the same packs and whatnot :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Was that from a direct order?
Yeah I plan to look through some NL1/Acc Nl1 for some piney NL indica plants. Saw a good review of them here. Also have a romulan bx which could be cool, not sure which romulan cut he has.

8 Likes

Yes direct from Dave. And here is a quote from him yesterday.
ā€œWas it the AkBB/ ACC nl1 cross ? That is the only one Iā€™ve heard had some intersex and I havenā€™t sent it out for a couple yearsā€
And then to contradict that statement
ā€œThat sucks Iā€™ve not seen many herm females in that selection,Iā€™ve got a batch myself right now in flower for an increaseā€
So do with it what you will. He says no herms then yes not many.

7 Likes