AK bean brains catalog

ill be patiently waiting for a smoke report!! lookin forward to running this myself

5 Likes

Anybody have experience with his consumption x choc thai, or his choc thai ibl?

3 Likes

Funny you should ask :grinning: I’ve got two Consumption x Chocolate Thai in flower right now. Tons of pics in my grow thread..

One is Big and the other even Bigger!

That’s the NL x Super Skunk I just trimmed on the right for comparison.

I think I’m going to end up with some huge colas!

21 Likes

Deathstar bx in outdoor scrog, 3’ x 3’

3 Way NL1 in similar setup.

2 females of Black Domina x TKNL5Haze
Smaller purple stem pheno, muuuch larger all green pheno.

Little friend on the BDxTKNL5H

27 Likes

Where has hazeman ever said what he released was not a pure version , that version of chocolate thai has always thrown short plants that were more indica in nature and I remember speculation it has had some indica influence sense it’s beginnings. If he admitted he released a cross as pure Id be surprised , not surprised if it happened just surprised if he actually admitted to it.

4 Likes

Both the Chocolate & Lemon Thai of Dutch Flowers origin are hybrids not pure Thai anyway . When I saw what I got growing out & bitched is when that comment came out . Like you was floored but in retrospect not terribly surprised . Exotic Alchemy has best deal going if someone wants a Drawoh CT copy & a Highland Thai that is pure .

8 Likes

907 Blue Genes

Smelling like blueberry syrup. Can’t wait :grinning:

24 Likes

Attached are some photos of AKBB’s BOEL Oaxacan x Dwarf Oaxacan at day 75F in a 3 gallon pot.

As can be seen in the second photo, the plant had outgrown my standard-height tent by beginning of week 4F and even though late for stress training of any intensity I had to bend the 2 main branches 90 degrees about 18" from the top of the plant to keep it in control. Even after bending they grew another 4" or so with no evidence of any herming or other detrimental effects.

As seen in the photos, there aren’t many red/brown pistils at this point. The plant could look the same at day 84. At the rate it’s been flowering I feel like it could maybe go 100 days or close to that. If anyone has advice on how to keep plants healthy so late in flower it would be appreciated. I’m feeding very light at this stage (200-300 ppm in distilled water) and will start flushing 10-14 days from harvest.

Despite the flowering time I’m excited. In pure form the BOEL Oaxacan flowers 14-16 weeks. Breeder guidance for this hybrid is 10 weeks flowering time so I feel like this plant is leaning towards the BOEL mother. We’ll see.

Having neither grown nor smoked Oaxacan before, the scents are new to me but all are very interesting - floral, slight mint, some nutty wafts like walnuts perhaps, notions of carrot that some have described, beeswax, and even some sweet notes like saltwater taffy from a distance. All of this subject to change during the cure…MUCH different than the brick weed that is my knowledge of Mexican cannabis,. The sad thing is, many plants of this quality probably found themselves being pressed into them back in the day without benefit of being properly processed. Males and females all in the same bale…

24 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I have some of those and it a struggle everyday to not soak a couple. They are next in line for sure. I can’t wait to see how it turns out for you!

2 Likes

907 starting to get extra sticky and stinky :sunglasses:

23 Likes

You’re in for a treat! I’ve loved Oaxacans for decades and this is probably my favorite in seed form. I’m planning on doing an increase as well as breeding with some of my Snowhigh Mexicans.

12 Likes

Awesome to hear @ClassicGenetix! I’m looking to grow more Mexican weed - Guerrero and Jalisco to name a couple. A lot of SnowHigh’s gear looks like it would be really cool to try if you can find a seedbank that has his stuff.

3 Likes

Definitely, Coloradosativas.com has a bunch of great increases of Snowhigh and other legendary sativas, I’ve sent him seeds for a few of the increases he’s done. Very cheap and a genuinely good guy who loves farming and helping the homeless. You can also check out Exotic Alchemy, Hyp3rids and others that are offering great Mexicans these days.

8 Likes

Thanks very much for the seed source suggestions @ClassicGenetix.

I’ve checked out Hyp3rids. They have some killer-looking stuff but I believe they’re in Europe. I’ve never been clear on whether it’s possible to order seeds bound for the US from breeders in the EU. Maybe so, but more hoops to jump through and increased shipping costs.

Ace Seeds in Spain is one EU breeder who has some gear I’d love to try. Some of their stuff has made it into hybrids created by US breeders but unsure if any US seedbank has been able to stock their seeds.

Will definitely check out Coloradosativas.com!

5 Likes

It takes time, but its totally doable.

2 Likes

Has anyone grown his SSSC Durban?

14 Likes

@3rd_i

Wow! great to see this…Those pistils are bright and Lively!!

Keep on Keepin’ on…This is really interesting to see!

5 Likes

All outdoor grown, 44 Lat
Deathstar bx is well behind the others, no pic yet.

3 Way NL1. The other one I have is faaar behind this one.

Black Domina x TKNL5Haze

Clusterfuck f2

18 Likes

Beatiful @Klyphman! Very curious how the 3-way NL and the BDxTKNL5H turn out.

907 getting prettier and stickier:

16 Likes

Updates on my two Consumption x Chocolate Thai almost one month later. These were grown from seed and just passed day 60 of flower.
The shorter plant has the bigger colas

The big lanky one spreads all over the tent. She will produce quite a harvest!

26 Likes